Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1320 Owners

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
1320 Challenger Owners

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger

Flyinglemur

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 1320 Challenger
What up?

So I asked this in the "other" forum but since it is dying I thought I would ask here too: Wife and I test drove a 1320 several months ago and we both swear we remember the steering wheel had some squish/give to it. When I picked mine up two weeks ago it was super solid. Still is. I was told to give it a while for it to "fluff" out but the one I test drove was delivered the previous day and had 4 miles on it when I got in for the test drive. Mine has about a thousand and still feels the same. If anyone has some input, I would love it thanks.

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #4
Hey mate , 1320 /SRT same same . ;):unsure:
Hi, the 1320 is a different package from the regular SRT. Dodge took a bunch of things from the Demon and put them on a Scat Pack, removed a bunch of weight from a Scat Pack....and called it the 1320. 1320 comes with drag radials all the way around, line lock, transbrake, Demon drag settings, and a few other things. Doesn't come with a pasenger seat or back seat, you have to option them in for $1 each.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What up?

So I asked this in the "other" forum but since it is dying I thought I would ask here too: Wife and I test drove a 1320 several months ago and we both swear we remember the steering wheel had some squish/give to it. When I picked mine up two weeks ago it was super solid. Still is. I was told to give it a while for it to "fluff" out but the one I test drove was delivered the previous day and had 4 miles on it when I got in for the test drive. Mine has about a thousand and still feels the same. If anyone has some input, I would love it thanks.
I test drove one 1320 and thought the wheel felt “squishy”, but mine doesn’t. May have been the contrast between my Scat wheel and the demo.

spazzman72

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
saint clair shores
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger scat pack A8
hey guys ;)

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #8
OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #9

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Time permitting, going to try and do the rear seat delete tonight...was waiting till I got my new impact driver.

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #11
Time permitting, going to try and do the rear seat delete tonight...was waiting till I got my new impact driver.
I ordered mine like two weeks ago, just waiting for it to show up. Hopefully this week.

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
What up?

Squishy ness is quite hard to describe ( and spell ) , I’d say mine feels like a pretty fit 20 year old . :oops:
I’d imagine :cautious:

Last edited:

Flyinglemur

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 1320 Challenger
Squishy ness is quite hard to describe ( and spell ) , I’d say mine feel a pretty fit 20 year old . :oops:
I’d imagine :cautious:
LOL I know what you mean and it is hard to explain. But if there is ANY give to your steering wheel then it is more than mine, which feels like a regular steering wheel wrapped in suede :( Could you post a picture? I might be able to tell just looking at it.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I ordered mine like two weeks ago, just waiting for it to show up. Hopefully this week.
Time permitted (but wife wasn’t happy)...got it installed last night.

Not hard to do, but cumbersome. I’m a shade over 6’ tall, but with long legs, so had to do some serious contorting to get it done.

Couple of tips:
@Speedy video was a good reference; in it he caught a mistake in the instructions (which otherwise were fine). When you remove the two seatbelt guides from the back of the seat, there are two clips (one on each hole of each guide) that you will need to keep in place to mount the back rail from the kit. Keep the innermost clip in place. Definitely lay the bar over them beforehand to verify.

Have a good, long breaker bar (mine was 24”) to loosen the multiple bolts holding the seatbelt stuff. My cordless 12v impact driver couldn’t break them.

You don’t have to fully remove the lower quarterpanel trim, as long as you remember to remove the one screw anchoring the end of it to the door sill, but you will need to fully remove the upper panel. The electrical connection Speedy references is actually on the upper panel on my car.

Took me 3 hours, but that was with cleanup, storage of the removed seat & components, and frequent water breaks in the beginning; it was humid as hell when I started.

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #15
Time permitted (but wife wasn’t happy)...got it installed last night.

Not hard to do, but cumbersome. I’m a shade over 6’ tall, but with long legs, so had to do some serious contorting to get it done.

Couple of tips:
@Speedy video was a good reference; in it he caught a mistake in the instructions (which otherwise were fine). When you remove the two seatbelt guides from the back of the seat, there are two clips (one on each hole of each guide) that you will need to keep in place to mount the back rail from the kit. Keep the innermost clip in place. Definitely lay the bar over them beforehand to verify.

Have a good, long breaker bar (mine was 24”) to loosen the multiple bolts holding the seatbelt stuff. My cordless 12v impact driver couldn’t break them.

You don’t have to fully remove the lower quarterpanel trim, as long as you remember to remove the one screw anchoring the end of it to the door sill, but you will need to fully remove the upper panel. The electrical connection Speedy references is actually on the upper panel on my car.

Took me 3 hours, but that was with cleanup, storage of the removed seat & components, and frequent water breaks in the beginning; it was humid as hell when I started.
Cool, thanks for the info. I had watched Speedy's video for tips.
Did you need one of those long panel clip tools to remove the panels or do they just pull out?

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the info. I had watched Speedy's video for tips.
Did you need one of those long panel clip tools to remove the panels or do they just pull out?
You do need a pry tool to pull a couple of the pins out, and two "hatch covers" on each side to remove tiny 7mm bolts, but otherwise the panels all come out by hand - PUSH FROM BEHIND as much as possible instead of pulling from edge.

smokin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
saint petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
I had to use my mopar to go get mopar parts , just would not be right to do it in anything else ..lol and there was a bit of tire spinning taking place also MAM_Kevin_0301.jpg

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #18
I had to use my mopar to go get mopar parts , just would not be right to do it in anything else ..lol and there was a bit of tire spinning taking place also View attachment 1674
32 psi is no good for enhanced traction.......and 30 is equally worthless :)

smokin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
saint petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger 1320
32 psi is no good for enhanced traction.......and 30 is equally worthless :)
I have no idea what PSI I had in my tires had to do with my post :) But I will say even at 32 psi it hooks on the street better than it does at 18 psi on the track .. That is why I have a full drag pack set up just for the track :)

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #20
I have no idea what PSI I had in my tires had to do with my post :) But I will say even at 32 psi it hooks on the street better than it does at 18 psi on the track .. That is why I have a full drag pack set up just for the track :)
I'm working toward that end as well. Right now a set of all season tires and wheels is taking precedence, so the drag strip stuff will probably have to wait until spring.