Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye review by savagegeese

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Sounds about right.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Man, if he thought the Challenger interior is cheap, I'd hate to see what he'd say about the interior in my Gen 6 Camaro! It makes the Hellcat's interior look like a one off hand made Michelangelo.

Everything else I heard is "let's compare this to a BMW". They got the fun factor right at least.

Bottom line, snow flakes shouldn't review cars they don't understand. It's like putting me in a Tesla.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I watched it prior to my Charger Hellcat purchase and thought that it was a really good review. Its not easy finding actually informative video reviews along with decent filming and editing.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I agree, overall an informative vid. The main guy seems to understand what the HC is about, but just can't like it. I think he needs a goldplated plush Prius.
I must just be a hick (sorry Hickster).
But you know when I get in a CAR, I expect to see automobile parts that work and don't fail or fall apart. Proper instrumentation. I hate buzzes and rattles. Parts fitting and lining up kinda a nice bonus. Supportive seats. Stuff like that. I do NOT expect or want to enter the library or sitting room at the mansion. I find the Challenger interior simple and purposeful. I bought the HC for the insane mechanicals and the cool muscle car vibe. It delivers in spades!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Except for that turn signal stalk. That's pretty bad.

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Bottom line, snow flakes shouldn't review cars they don't understand.
^THIS^

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
IMO the interior (leather) is as nice as about anything unless you spend more than $150k. The dash is laid out great, we can at least see out of our cars (which I cannot say the same for about any of the other "American" made competition), we have ample interior room, and it IS real comfortable (triple lower lumbar fused back here). The instruments are easy to read and adjust differently depending on what you need or want to monitor. Yep, I have bought a '15, loved it, sold it and got an "improved" (again IMO) Redeye Widebody.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Puts a smile on your face..
Agree with @JRabq
The whiner needs a Prius.... And a Kleenex.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
IMO the interior (leather) is as nice as about anything unless you spend more than $150k. The dash is laid out great, we can at least see out of our cars (which I cannot say the same for about any of the other "American" made competition), we have ample interior room, and it IS real comfortable (triple lower lumbar fused back here). The instruments are easy to read and adjust differently depending on what you need or want to monitor. Yep, I have bought a '15, loved it, sold it and got an "improved" (again IMO) Redeye Widebody.
I agree.
Appeared as if he was gonna hate on it no matter what.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Thought it was a fair report. Just because he doesnt agree with you doesnt mean he is wrong. He said For $80k the car should have a nicer interior. Yeah it prob should There should be SOMETHING at that price that differentiates it from the Scat or the SXT. sounds like 2020 does just that. DOnt know what that will do to the price though. Personally I think the interior is fine, I kind of like it. But IMO he isnt wrong. He didnt say it didnt work or it isnt comfortable etc. He acknowledged the room, the visibility, the functionality. He wouldnt buy one, ok so what, but he didnt hate on the car, he gave it a good review. He acknowledges there are people that do like it and that the car does appeal to a certain buyer and that it has its place and that It IS fun. Yeah you cant use all the power with the tires on the street, is he wrong? IMO no but you can try and adjust your driving. Ive watched his reviews on the new WRX, the STI, and a few other cars Ive owned and driven 30+k miles. He's 95%+ right on all of them good and bad.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Agree, that is why I liked the review, it was balanced. Wasn't from a uber fan or a hater. Reasonable.