Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124826_2020-dodge-challenger-preview

The changes for 2020 are minor and limited to visual tweaks and reshuffled equipment among the eight-model-strong lineup. For example, there are nine new wheel designs and three new exterior paint finishes (Frostbite, Hellraisin and Sinamon Stick). And for the interior, there's stitched leather on the dash and door panels across the lineup.

Sitting at the top of the heap is the SRT Hellcat Redeye, whose 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 pumps out a hefty 797 horsepower and 707 pound-feet of torque. The result is 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.4 seconds, a quarter-mile ET of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph, and a top speed of 203 mph.

At the other end of the performance spectrum, there's a V-6-powered Challenger with a 305-horsepower 3.0 Pentastar. This engine comes with both rear- and all-wheel-drive options.

Pricing for the 2020 Challenger will be announced closer to the showroom appearance later this year, but Dodge has confirmed that the R/T Scat Pack will come in less than $40,000. Its 6.4-liter V-8 delivers a meaty 485 horsepower, providing the best bang for your buck. The R/T Scat Pack can also be ordered with a 1320 package that adds dragstrip goodies originally developed for the SRT Demon, such as the TransBrake and Torque Reserve. These see the car scoot down the strip in 11.7 seconds at 115 mph.

For buyers who prefer a bit of luxury, there's an available Plus Package that adds several premium touches inside and out. Among the items are heated and ventilated leather seats, power tilt/telescope steering column, and unique wheels.

Most Challengers come standard with an 8-speed automatic but the R/T, R/T Scat Pack and SRT Hellcat models come standard with a 6-speed manual and are available with the 8-speed automatic.

Despite its age, the Challenger remains as popular as ever. The 2018 sales tally of 66,716 units for the United States was the nameplate's best annual result yet.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124826_2020-dodge-challenger-preview

The changes for 2020 are minor and limited to visual tweaks and reshuffled equipment among the eight-model-strong lineup. For example, there are nine new wheel designs and three new exterior paint finishes (Frostbite, Hellraisin and Sinamon Stick). And for the interior, there's stitched leather on the dash and door panels across the lineup.

Sitting at the top of the heap is the SRT Hellcat Redeye, whose 6.2-liter supercharged V-8 pumps out a hefty 797 horsepower and 707 pound-feet of torque. The result is 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.4 seconds, a quarter-mile ET of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph, and a top speed of 203 mph.

At the other end of the performance spectrum, there's a V-6-powered Challenger with a 305-horsepower 3.0 Pentastar. This engine comes with both rear- and all-wheel-drive options.

Pricing for the 2020 Challenger will be announced closer to the showroom appearance later this year, but Dodge has confirmed that the R/T Scat Pack will come in less than $40,000. Its 6.4-liter V-8 delivers a meaty 485 horsepower, providing the best bang for your buck. The R/T Scat Pack can also be ordered with a 1320 package that adds dragstrip goodies originally developed for the SRT Demon, such as the TransBrake and Torque Reserve. These see the car scoot down the strip in 11.7 seconds at 115 mph.

For buyers who prefer a bit of luxury, there's an available Plus Package that adds several premium touches inside and out. Among the items are heated and ventilated leather seats, power tilt/telescope steering column, and unique wheels.

Most Challengers come standard with an 8-speed automatic but the R/T, R/T Scat Pack and SRT Hellcat models come standard with a 6-speed manual and are available with the 8-speed automatic.

Despite its age, the Challenger remains as popular as ever. The 2018 sales tally of 66,716 units for the United States was the nameplate's best annual result yet.
As popular or even more so since 1970

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
I'm glad they didn't up the HP beyond 797. Otherwise, I would have considered trading up.....NOT!:giggle:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
WOW I mean WOW, that’s the big 2020 news????? Are you kidding me and not even a mention it came from Dodge? Is this FAKE news I mean really this is the hold out late in the year? Part of me says Dodge has not released the whole story and if so guess the 426 is a pipe dream. And damn if the HP rebates go away sooner than later then damn glad I got my Redeye. And now the 1000 postings begin and or maybe most just are not interested to respond since their ain’t nothing really to talk about. [dunno]

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
WOW I mean WOW, that’s the big 2020 news????? Are you kidding me and not even a mention it came from Dodge? Is this FAKE news I mean really this is the hold out late in the year? Part of me says Dodge has not released the whole story and if so guess the 426 is a pipe dream. And damn if the HP rebates go away sooner than later then damn glad I got my Redeye. And now the 1000 postings begin and or maybe most just are not interested to respond since their ain’t nothing really to talk about. [dunno]
Wow, what are the chances of the 426 still coming out with the full announcement of the 2020 MY??? Damn this is what I waited for all year and got sucked into and for nothing????? Geesh :cry:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow, what are the chances of the 426 still coming out with the full announcement of the 2020 MY??? Damn this is what I waited for all year and got sucked into and for nothing????? Geesh :cry:
Your the first person I instantly thought of when I read this and yeah what a joke if it’s the real story. And I am not convinced it is yet [rant]

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Just some overzealous writer wanting to be the first to say something about the Challenger. Fake News for sure

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Im def going owe MotorheadMike a beer now.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Makes zero sense. Why the production delays. Why the rebates.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
If true...that’s extremely depressing. Literally no changes except for stitching. Colors and wheels change every year anyhow.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Makes zero sense. Why the production delays. Why the rebates.
I explained it all to you, in detail and in plain English, on the other site. To sum up: sales were down and it wasn't profitable.

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody

Attachments

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
I explained it all to you, in detail and in plain English, on the other site. To sum up: sales were down and it wasn't profitable.
So then let’s talk about 2021...
Kidding kidding [bootyshake]

Last edited:

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody
In the 2020 Available Features pdf, there is something listed for the 5.7 hemi with automatic transmission that I'm not familiar with. It's called interactive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off (iDFSO). Is this new for the 5.7 or has it been around for a while? It's not listed for the 392 with auto trans. I've been living with the Hellcat since 2016.

wamo

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Montgomery
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger hellcat
So no 50th anniversary edition. Heck looks like the only throw back color available is f8. They picked a heck of a year to get rid of sublime, plum crazy and the like. It's like the people up there in Detroit aren't aware of there history. I have a 70 and I missed out on destroyer grey and passed on the power bucks to buy a 20 full price so I'd have 2 challengers 50 years apart. That article did jump the gun a little bit so hopefully y'all are right and they're wrong on some stuff. Or maybe I'm gonna have to wait to pull the trigger on one until late model year to see if they do what they did with the charger and offer a limited anniversary edition or something.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
So no 50th anniversary edition. Heck looks like the only throw back color available is f8. They picked a heck of a year to get rid of sublime, plum crazy and the like. It's like the people up there in Detroit aren't aware of there history. I have a 70 and I missed out on destroyer grey and passed on the power bucks to buy a 20 full price so I'd have 2 challengers 50 years apart. That article did jump the gun a little bit so hopefully y'all are right and they're wrong on some stuff. Or maybe I'm gonna have to wait to pull the trigger on one until late model year to see if they do what they did with the charger and offer a limited anniversary edition or something.
Unfortunately, the official FCA press release seems pretty definitive. You might be right about a mid-year release of something special, but it’s not looking good.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Just remember they always seem to have the words late availability written somewhere in the new car info. Most of the time related to color choice but fingers crossed it is for a 50th anniversary Challenger model

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Why the heck did they delay production then? To apply more decals and stitching? [?|]