Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Redeye shifting hiccups

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
@DGatzby they may be onto something. I experienced shift issues bad when going from the 3.70 to the 3.09. I did not update the settings in the car (through alpha) for the 3.09, so it still says 3.70. Transmission straight missed the 2-3 shift. Also never updated my Speedo for the 315s. Does the TCM use any of that configuration/wheel speed info? Who knows

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you are getting hop that is a good sign to increase tire pressure. Many members on here run over 20psi. If you are on really good prep then yes 20 to 21 psi. If I was you try the 19.5 - 20 range to start and adjust from there.

As for custom settings
trans track
suspension street
traction sport
I run 18, then again I have beadlocks. Anything above that is spin city

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@DGatzby they may be onto something. I experienced shift issues bad when going from the 3.70 to the 3.09. I did not update the settings in the car (through alpha) for the 3.09, so it still says 3.70. Transmission straight missed the 2-3 shift. Also never updated my Speedo for the 315s. Does the TCM use any of that configuration/wheel speed info? Who knows
If you are missing shifts, your TCM don’t like life. In about 40k Hellcat miles now, never felt one miss a shift. But, I understand and I personally felt basically a TCM tune bust that hiccup problem. Dodge won’t do that mod.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you are missing shifts, your TCM don’t like life. In about 40k Hellcat miles now, never felt one miss a shift. But, I understand and I personally felt basically a TCM tune bust that hiccup problem. Dodge won’t do that mod.
This is on the drag strip

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I run 18, then again I have beadlocks. Anything above that is spin city
You also have low gears if I remember right

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
You also have low gears if I remember right
Yeah, but I ran 18 with the 3.70 and with the 3.09. As far as shifting goes, When I had the 3.70 it shifted fine. Bcm also still says 3.70. Switched to 3.09 and had a few issues. Not saying it’s related, just an observation especially since dodge is saying gearing for the car is different than expected, tire size and wheel circumference different than expected. All things that can be changed in the BCM. If you don’t change your tire size there, your speed will be off due to how the bcm has it calibrated and how the wheel speed sensors register. So sounds like it could potentially all be related, but I have no idea how wheel speed (actual vs calculated) is read and actually impacts the TCM, if at all

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Sorry. Dodge fixing the hiccup we have (us with afternarket tunes - past tense) all experienced is about as likely as them also fixing your wheel hop.
Yea, looks like the aftermarket tune is coming when the warranty expires in late July. We have plenty of shops around the Detroit Metro area. Thanks for all the info guys.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is on the drag strip
Oh? Okay. One pass thru the gears is different than over, and over and over again at WOT through the gears? Maybe your engines are still too cold?

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Definately not cold sir. This is with getting 10-12 runs in during 3 to 4 hours and idling with the chiller on in the pre stage lanes.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Definately not cold sir. This is with getting 10-12 runs in during 3 to 4 hours and idling with the chiller on in the pre stage lanes.
Despite the opinion of others, I stand by all my previous comments regardless if it hiccups on a drag strip, street or road course. Tune it and be done with that annoying issue.