Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2022 Jailbreak or Super Stock Challenger - Drag Racing Perspective

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
Hello All,

We are in the market to purchase a 2022 Jailbreak or Super Stock Challenger. Here is what we are wondering...

Will there be any differences between to the two models from a drag racing perspective? Knowing the advertised HP and Torque numbers are the same (807/707)... the obvious advantage goes to the Super Stock with the factory demon wheels and drag radials... but we plan on racing with a drag package anyways. So with beadlocks, skinnies and slicks - will the cars be evenly matched? Will they be calibrated the same? If anyone can shed any concrete information regarding this, it would be much appreciated.

Happy 2022.

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The likelihood of anyone here actually knowing the answer to that is pretty slim.
I can tell you that the suspension programming between a 19 or 21 RE and a 21 SS is night and day from a drag racing standpoint. The SS is much less stiff and allows for significant frontal lift whereas the RE has basically none. I cannot speak to what Dodge will provide on either version for 22 though.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
For drag racing the SS, it has the different suspension for drag racing and the ability to use the smaller wheels out of the box, due to its little brakes.:p

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Suspension is actually the same but different software/calibration in Track mode only.
Like Dgatz said, I would think the SS would be easier to find wheels for due to the smaller brakes.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
The likelihood of anyone here actually knowing the answer to that is pretty slim.
I can tell you that the suspension programming between a 19 or 21 RE and a 21 SS is night and day from a drag racing standpoint. The SS is much less stiff and allows for significant frontal lift whereas the RE has basically none. I cannot speak to what Dodge will provide on either version for 22 though.
if this difference carry’s over to 2022, that would be enough for us to choose the SS over the JB. Thank you for your insight TNREDEYE

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
For drag racing the SS, it has the different suspension for drag racing and the ability to use the smaller wheels out of the box, due to its little brakes.:p
Thank you DGatzby.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Allocation in Canada is tough - have a Jailbreak order in... now looking to place a Super Stock order as well. Anyone know of a Canadian dealer with allocation?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Damn frozen up there any way.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Ordered a 2022 Super Stock - but it's a bit of a hail Mary - dealership doesn't officially have allocation. They are submitting my order to see what happens. Still looking for a dealership that has allocation that will accept employee choice certificate... also, I noticed the Super Stock price went up 1,000 from my last online build. Base price with destination was 113,660 in early January, and now its 114,660 as of January 12.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
We did order a SS in January - but supply issues leave us with a Jailbreak right now. Still waiting for the SS to be built. In the meantime... heading to the track June 25... lets see what happens. IMG_7395.jpg

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Good luck on your track visit! Redeyes are proven to run into the very low 10s, I dont think there’s a lot of data out on SS models overall and people still seem to be figuring out how to make them run best with their unique calibration.

even if you are giving up an optimal suspension setting for drag racing, the redeye has other advantages and can run very close to or right with a SS at the track so I would just enjoy what you have.

I think it is important to note that running super low times with our cars requires driver skill and practice learning exactly how these cars like to be used.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
We did order a SS in January - but supply issues leave us with a Jailbreak right now. Still waiting for the SS to be built. In the meantime... heading to the track June 25... lets see what happens. View attachment 73670
Wait... what? You already had the redeye? Or did they say, here take this REWB while you wait.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Good luck on your track visit! Redeyes are proven to run into the very low 10s, I dont think there’s a lot of data out on SS models overall and people still seem to be figuring out how to make them run best with their unique calibration.

even if you are giving up an optimal suspension setting for drag racing, the redeye has other advantages and can run very close to or right with a SS at the track so I would just enjoy what you have.

I think it is important to note that running super low times with our cars requires driver skill and practice learning exactly how these cars like to be used.
We used to have a 2019 Redeye. We ran 10.3 with it with just rear beadlocks and DR’s. Great fun. Had to sell it to facilitate purchasing a property. In January, we ordered two SS and one Jailbreak. Not because we wanted 3 vehicles - it was so we would ensure to get one. The Jailbreak arrived recently. The SS’s are not built yet. Just putting the breakin miles on it now.

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
No SS yet. So spinning the wheels on the Jailbreak. Toronto Motorsports Dragway Ontario Canada. It was not a great outing unfortunately - was only able to get in 2 runs. Spun on the first run. Hooked on the 2nd run. 10.7. Need more seat time! 309387340_128177359982987_193771845265225823_n.jpg

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
No SS yet. So spinning the wheels on the Jailbreak. Toronto Motorsports Dragway Ontario Canada. It was not a great outing unfortunately - was only able to get in 2 runs. Spun on the first run. Hooked on the 2nd run. 10.7. Need more seat time! View attachment 83400
I love that color !!!

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Nice color!

Attachments

OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
Another outing. Getting to know her a bit better...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
OP
HELLB3NT

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Still hoping to get a Super Stock. Not sure any will be allocated to Canada.