Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

68 Hemi Road Runner For Sale - 72K Miles

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
68 RR was the most produced Hemi car. I was never a fan of the grille. I really like the 69 though

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
68 RR was the most produced Hemi car. I was never a fan of the grille. I really like the 69 though
I don't want any of them unless it's a 100% restomod that starts, stops and handles like it should.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I don't want any of them unless it's a 100% restomod that starts, stops and handles like it should.
That is what we have the modern Dodges for. The old cars need to be be original

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
That is what we have the modern Dodges for. The old cars need to be be original
And this is why I don't own any old stuff. Been there, done that. Not going back.
I might like a 80s-90s luxury cruiser that's been updated for cruises.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I to did the "old" cars in the 80-90's
I love the old original cars but enjoy the comfort and performance of my new Dodges!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I to did the "old" cars in the 80-90's
I love the old original cars but enjoy the comfort and performance of my new Dodges!
I agree. Just saying the old cars need to be original. I think of them as show cars or taking to trips to the track or a Sunday drive.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I agree. Just saying the old cars need to be original. I think of them as show cars or taking to trips to the track or a Sunday drive.
At car shows, I hardly look twice at modified classic cars…although some cars are better off being resto modded…like Chevy’s and Fords! However, once they are modified, it is really hard to bring them back to the original configuration. An old muscle car that still has every original nut and bolt is a little rare. I have a lot of empathy for those owners. To restore one is expensive and takes an expert. Whether it is restored or original, you will not see many old muscle cars being taken on Sunday cruises or trips to the drag strip. I will be taking my modern Hemi to the track before I would ever take my 69 340S 4-speed fastback. Been there and done that but times have changed. 577826B8-A637-4223-BFCC-5FF9709D6041.jpeg

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
At car shows, I hardly look twice at modified classic cars…although some cars are better off being resto modded…like Chevy’s and Fords! However, once they are modified, it is really hard to bring them back to the original configuration. An old muscle car that still has every original nut and bolt is a little rare. I have a lot of empathy for those owners. To restore one is expensive and takes an expert. Whether it is restored or original, you will not see many old muscle cars being taken on Sunday cruises or trips to the drag strip. I will be taking my modern Hemi to the track before I would ever take my 69 340S 4-speed fastback. Been there and done that but times have changed. View attachment 98480
Some should be kept original. I would have no problem driving a restomod Satellite hot rod with all modern stuff in it.