Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A8 question

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
After watching the GT500 videos I have a question about the A8's in our cars. If you hold both paddle shifters back at the same time while the car is in drive will trans go into neutral?

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I quit messing with the paddles on my Scat once I figured out that it does a good job on it's own in track or sport mode.
So, I don't know.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
After watching the GT500 videos I have a question about the A8's in our cars. If you hold both paddle shifters back at the same time while the car is in drive will trans go into neutral?
I never tried pulling both back together. I would hope that it would not go to neutral! that would make no sense.

OP
Octanewide

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I never tried pulling both back together. I would hope that it would not go to neutral! that would make no sense.
I wouldn't even have mentioned this but when you pull both paddles back on the new GT500 that trans goes to neutral even with the gear selector in drive. I know they have a totally different trans but I thought that interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I don’t think you can select neutral with the paddles, I know if you hold the right one back it will return to D drive . I only use it at the track it holds the gear a bit longer but I still let the car shift itself.