Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AAD Drag pack with Carlyle Racing 15" no grind conversion kit

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Anyone running an AAD Drag pack along with Carlyle racings new 15" billet no grind knuckle?
Couldn't get an answer if they will work together without issues or grinding (Contact on arms, wheels, etc.)

Some serious coin for the full conversion! Would like to figure it out otherwise may stick with 17's to keep things simple.

Carlyle Racing said they would only sell the full kit with modified BMR toe and adjustable trailing arms. No options to upgrade or anodize the raw billet.
Would really like to run AAD's hardware on my setup with the new Spheriflex bushings instead. AAD states they will clear almost all 15" wheels with no grinding. Hellcats with BMR are having odd clunking noises with heim joints so trying to stay away from those on the car.

50/50 right now for doing the 15" conversion with 275/60/15 MT Pro or sticking with 17's on a 305-315 ET Street R.

hellcat-Spindle.jpg srt-kit-2.jpg Screenshot 2021-03-15 134044.png

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That’s exactly what I was running. There are no issues with the AAD control arms and spindles. Cleared my Billet Specialties WinLites with no grinding. The only issue is the billet adjustable swaybar links that comes from Carlyle are too long due to the mounting point on the new spindle being raised. I had to shorten one of the threaded heim joints so that it could screw in farther to shorten the link. I had the first Billet Spindles sold to the public so they may have made that necessary change to the links by now. I just sold my BMR pieces separately. There’s a market for those out there. I suppose you could use the BMR toe arm. Those are nice but I wouldn’t use the trailing arm over the AAD.

Last edited:
OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Marc! I'll have to ask about the end link changes.

There is a guy on Facebook selling the exact setup i want with carlyles package but wants wire transfer or cash in person. Wont do paypal(n) Way too far to drive but could be a solid deal for someone down in Texas. That is if it's a real ad vs. all the scams. Guess i'll fork out a little bit more for factory direct new. Might be worth doing a 426 first but wouldn't be able to go fast in the car on 20's :unsure:

Screenshot 2021-03-15 154514.png

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I saw that. Good deal for somebody local that could pick up, but that’s a lot of money to risk for the savings. I know that some don’t like PayPal (I don’t particularly care for them either) but I have it and use it because it makes things work. That’s a lot to ship too. A lot to go wrong to save a little money. I wouldn’t do it either.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I bought my complete AAD and HemiTuner Performance 15" conversion kits which include the no grind knuckles and it works beautifully. Best money spent on your cat.

Then comes the fun part; get an alignment shop that knows about to adjust with the AAD shims.....

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Those with 2.62 and 15's what tire size do you prefer on track? 275/60/15 pro seems to be what most are going with. I found 295/65/15 ET Street R's which is a step between the 315 pros. Would like to fill up the wheel well with as much tire as possible but also don't want to grenade the oem diff.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Those with 2.62 and 15's what tire size do you prefer on track? 275/60/15 pro seems to be what most are going with. I found 295/65/15 ET Street R's which is a step between the 315 pros. Would like to fill up the wheel well with as much tire as possible but also don't want to grenade the oem diff.
I`m using 309s with the 315 pro, or I should say will be using this season. same set up.