Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AAD Performance Adjustable Suspension Parts Overview - 03/13/2021 - Free PDF

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
All,

Over the past six months I learned a lot about adjusting AAD Performance products - the rear components and the front upper control arms. I decided to write up what I was learning for my own reference purposes, also thinking it would be appreciated by anyone who ever buys my car. I wound up adding specific DIY alignment value/tab prediction change examples for street, drag strip and road course tuning. As I was fleshing the information out I thought why not share it? I realize my offering expertise could be seen as presumptuous, given my novice mechanic skills. Then again, the whole point of explaining what these parts are and how they work really is that novice mechanics can do at-home suspension adjustments - they shouldn't be afraid they can't.

I've entitled my free PDF file "AAD Performance Adjustable Suspension Parts Overview - 03/13/2021". Any future revisions will have the same title and a later date.

Parker Bender at AAD didn't object to the idea of me sharing what I've learned so I'm forging ahead. It is important to me that people understand any errors, omissions, or loss of useful consciousness wading through it are my responsibility, not his. AAD Performance has not officially reviewed, or approved, of what I'm putting out about their products or how to adjust them. Also, the very first thing I say is, "Use the following information at your own risk". That is the way of the world these days. On the other hand I didn't just make the information up and I feel confident in everything I've learned - with the exception of the section "Experimental Changing Camber and Caster Simultaneously, Changing Caster Alone", where I need more personal real world experience and/or verification data from AAD.

For people like me new to suspension concepts and parts I've included basic handling concepts and part descriptions. I'm intentionally redundant in the various sections so people don't have to jump back and forth to refresh concepts or terminology. As a result it wound up a 26 page PDF document (with some graphics and pictures in my defense). Here is the list of sections.

Suspension Concepts and Terms
AAD Suspension Parts and Terminology
The AAD “Tab-Lock” Adjustable Arm System Big Picture
Available AAD Tabs - Specifically How to Identify Them
The “Real Time” Align After Part Installation
DIY - How to Choose Tabs to Change Alignment Values After a Baseline Shoot
The Rules - Alignment Effects Per Millimeter of Tab Change
DIY Examples to Change Alignment Values With Tabs
Experimental Changing Camber and Caster Simultaneously, Changing Caster Alone

Send me an email at finface797hp@icloud.com and I'll send you the PDF. Free, no strings attached, and I won't share your email. I'm offering this via email rather than uploading it onto the forum (for download) so I can keep a record of who received it and be able to send out revisions and updates. Feel free to share my email, rather than just pass the PDF around, so other interested people can contact me to be added to a future revision list.

And, of course, if you check out the Overview and then decide you don't need/want any future revisions just send me an email saying so.

Best,

Finface

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
@jonx96 here you go

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Clicking on @jonx96 opens a conversation here within the forum. Not that I object to that, but I'm not sure how that will aid me in keeping track of who I send it to.

Please email me from a stand alone email at finface797@icloud.com and I'll attach the PDF in my reply.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Clicking on @jonx96 opens a conversation here within the forum. Not that I object to that, but I'm not sure how that will aid me in keeping track of who I send it to.

Please email me from a stand alone email at finface797@icloud.com and I'll attach the PDF in my reply.
I wanted him to see it so if he wants he will send a request. He put the arms on yesterday

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Planning on eventually going the AAD route, email sent. Thanks ver much Finface.

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Planning on eventually going the AAD route, email sent. Thanks very much Finface.
Sent - let me know here if you don't get it.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Got it, thanks!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Sent you an email just installed mine this weekend.

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
So far eleven people have asked via email to receive the AAD Overview. Somebody asked on another forum why not just upload it so people can download it - he didn't see the use in harvesting emails. My reply was close to this;

It's a fair question. I am confident of the prediction formulas for front and rear camber and rear toe because AAD gave me the tab change values, plus I've done two tab swaps myself and seen close to expected results, but there is a last section I've labeled "Experimental" that discusses preliminary findings for changing front camber and caster simultaneously, and changing just caster leaving camber unchanged. I'm hoping some curious tuners will play with this a bit and let me know what they're seeing. AAD may be able to validate this particular opportunity in the future, but right now they are getting lots of orders (as are many aftermarket suppliers I've been told). If people have corresponded with me I'm hoping they will let me know what they find. The best way for that to happen is for them to have my email address and already had an exchange.

Having emails for people I've sent the PDF to also ensures I can correct, or amplify, any mistaken information. It's just the way I want to do it - and I think a service to those who want it. They don't have to search for updates - an update will come to them.

I know that sending out PDF files means I'm losing control of the material. I've asked people not to pass the file along to other interested people - to instead ask their friends to send me a request via email so they can also be added to the update list. Some will, some won't. Somebody might take it upon themselves to upload the file to a forum. I'd prefer they don't for the reasons I've mentioned, but I'm giving it away and I wouldn't complain much. Probably just tag on a reply saying that I'm not planning to post updates on any forums.

I'm just a recently retired Challenger owner who bought these parts last summer after reading here some people were very happy with them. I had mine installed in September, and then adjusted the parts with the "tab-lock system" a couple of times (while doing a couple of HPDE weekends) with the assistance of DGatzby on the phone (thanks again, DGatzby) and also Zach Brenner at AAD. I saw a need for a comprehensive document for beginners like me so I wrote one up. I'm not selling anything, although I'm a fan of these suspension parts and I also like to see entrepreneurial capitalism succeed in a small enterprise like AAD Performance.

No email addresses will be shared by me, that's a promise.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
That has got to be the most informative forum-driven review I have seen to date. you definitely did your homework on this subject and left no detail uncovered and the reader can prepare for any contingency using this product. And you have great taste in colors for your cars.

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
That has got to be the most informative forum-driven review I have seen to date. you definitely did your homework on this subject and left no detail uncovered and the reader can prepare for any contingency using this product. And you have great taste in colors for your cars.
Thanks, swatdocsc. I got help along the way.

Plum Crazy Purple...love it too. It was that, or Octane Red my other favorite color, or GoMango my wife's first choice.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Subscribed

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So far eleven people have asked via email to receive the AAD Overview. Somebody asked on another forum why not just upload it so people can download it - he didn't see the use in harvesting emails. My reply was close to this;

It's a fair question. I am confident of the prediction formulas for front and rear camber and rear toe because AAD gave me the tab change values, plus I've done two tab swaps myself and seen close to expected results, but there is a last section I've labeled "Experimental" that discusses preliminary findings for changing front camber and caster simultaneously, and changing just caster leaving camber unchanged. I'm hoping some curious tuners will play with this a bit and let me know what they're seeing. AAD may be able to validate this particular opportunity in the future, but right now they are getting lots of orders (as are many aftermarket suppliers I've been told). If people have corresponded with me I'm hoping they will let me know what they find. The best way for that to happen is for them to have my email address and already had an exchange.

Having emails for people I've sent the PDF to also ensures I can correct, or amplify, any mistaken information. It's just the way I want to do it - and I think a service to those who want it. They don't have to search for updates - an update will come to them.

I know that sending out PDF files means I'm losing control of the material. I've asked people not to pass the file along to other interested people - to instead ask their friends to send me a request via email so they can also be added to the update list. Some will, some won't. Somebody might take it upon themselves to upload the file to a forum. I'd prefer they don't for the reasons I've mentioned, but I'm giving it away and I wouldn't complain much. Probably just tag on a reply saying that I'm not planning to post updates on any forums.

I'm just a recently retired Challenger owner who bought these parts last summer after reading here some people were very happy with them. I had mine installed in September, and then adjusted the parts with the "tab-lock system" a couple of times (while doing a couple of HPDE weekends) with the assistance of DGatzby on the phone (thanks again, DGatzby) and also Zach Brenner at AAD. I saw a need for a comprehensive document for beginners like me so I wrote one up. I'm not selling anything, although I'm a fan of these suspension parts and I also like to see entrepreneurial capitalism succeed in a small enterprise like AAD Performance.

No email addresses will be shared by me, that's a promise.
Your welcome @Finface. He has covered everything in the manuscript folks. After a couple of us can become more familiar with the front tabs and how they affect the toe after changing them, I know he is anxious to complete that chapter also.

@Finface post up pictures of your project! That car flat rocks and is beautiful!

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
He took all of the trial and error I did on the gen 1 version with my first cat and put it to paper in the proper format. ADD needs to package that with their kits.

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
DGatzby wrote - "After a couple of us can become more familiar with the front tabs and how they affect the toe after changing them, I know he is anxious to complete that chapter also."

100% on this...Parker told me he thinks there is a 4 to 1 ratio between rear camber tab change and rear toe, and based his smaller tab increments on this finding, but he didn't have good data on a ratio for change up front. Thanks for mentioning this specifically.

Last edited:
OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
He took all of the trial and error I did on the gen 1 version with my first cat and put it to paper in the proper format. ADD needs to package that with their kits.
So far I've sent out 14 of the PDF's. As of two weeks ago Parker said he'd sent about the same number to customers.

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
@Finface post up pictures of your project! That car flat rocks and is beautiful![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just posted some in the thread Hunter set up for pictures of our cars.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
This weekend or next, I’ll tear that front up and put the max tab I can in all four slots as they instructed me for max negative camber. Right now I am just a bit toe-in, with stock camber. They say it will drive it to slight toe-out and that is what we want for cornering. I will be measuring and will post up here to help @Finface.

I went out last night and ran an old motorcycle road I like with the Cat and really leaned on it. I really like the toe and all the settings now. So taking the front toe-out will be an interesting comparison. At these settings the outside soft shoulders of the front Cup 2’s are holding strong! No strange wear on the street at least.

Hellcat Dre

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 dodge hellcat challenger
All,

Over the past six months I learned a lot about adjusting AAD Performance products - the rear components and the front upper control arms. I decided to write up what I was learning for my own reference purposes, also thinking it would be appreciated by anyone who ever buys my car. I wound up adding specific DIY alignment value/tab prediction change examples for street, drag strip and road course tuning. As I was fleshing the information out I thought why not share it? I realize my offering expertise could be seen as presumptuous, given my novice mechanic skills. Then again, the whole point of explaining what these parts are and how they work really is that novice mechanics can do at-home suspension adjustments - they shouldn't be afraid they can't.

I've entitled my free PDF file "AAD Performance Adjustable Suspension Parts Overview - 03/13/2021". Any future revisions will have the same title and a later date.

Parker Bender at AAD didn't object to the idea of me sharing what I've learned so I'm forging ahead. It is important to me that people understand any errors, omissions, or loss of useful consciousness wading through it are my responsibility, not his. AAD Performance has not officially reviewed, or approved, of what I'm putting out about their products or how to adjust them. Also, the very first thing I say is, "Use the following information at your own risk". That is the way of the world these days. On the other hand I didn't just make the information up and I feel confident in everything I've learned - with the exception of the section "Experimental Changing Camber and Caster Simultaneously, Changing Caster Alone", where I need more personal real world experience and/or verification data from AAD.

For people like me new to suspension concepts and parts I've included basic handling concepts and part descriptions. I'm intentionally redundant in the various sections so people don't have to jump back and forth to refresh concepts or terminology. As a result it wound up a 26 page PDF document (with some graphics and pictures in my defense). Here is the list of sections.

Suspension Concepts and Terms
AAD Suspension Parts and Terminology
The AAD “Tab-Lock” Adjustable Arm System Big Picture
Available AAD Tabs - Specifically How to Identify Them
The “Real Time” Align After Part Installation
DIY - How to Choose Tabs to Change Alignment Values After a Baseline Shoot
The Rules - Alignment Effects Per Millimeter of Tab Change
DIY Examples to Change Alignment Values With Tabs
Experimental Changing Camber and Caster Simultaneously, Changing Caster Alone

Send me an email at finface797hp@icloud.com and I'll send you the PDF. Free, no strings attached, and I won't share your email. I'm offering this via email rather than uploading it onto the forum (for download) so I can keep a record of who received it and be able to send out revisions and updates. Feel free to share my email, rather than just pass the PDF around, so other interested people can contact me to be added to a future revision list.

And, of course, if you check out the Overview and then decide you don't need/want any future revisions just send me an email saying so.

Best,

Finface
I sent you my email thanks in advance

OP
Finface

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Hellcat Dre,

Sent you the PDF via your email. I hope it helps you decide if the AAD parts are something you want for your Hellcat.

Go Navy!

Best,

Finface