Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

AAD rear control arms on

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
The installation was not nearly as bad as expected. I installed in my carport as I had a vehicle on the lift at the shop and got impatient.

I dropped the cradle vs cutting the bolt on the front arm, and did the BMR cradle lockout while I had it down.

Can defiantly tell a difference on the road. Where it used to just blow the tires at anything below 60ish you can hit it from 30, they will spin a little then grab whereas before the spinning just continued to get worse.

Hopefully I can get to the track tomorrow and see if this cured my wheel hop issue.

Overall even having to go back to the shop to grab the cradle lockout (deciding to do it at the same time was an afterthought) Id say total install time was around 4-4.5 hrs and I was defiantly taking my time

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Great that you got it done and the cradle lockout as well......I swear mine tracks truer than ever before , and was able to get aligned to a perfect setting.....front right and rear left were so far out of whack it is surprising I made it straight down the track at all

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Nice! Seems to be a common thing with this kit is it wasn't as bad as expected. Most projects are the opposite.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Nice! Seems to be a common thing with this kit is it wasn't as bad as expected. Most projects are the opposite.
Isnt that the truth, I had some time, but really needed to be around the house. I was expecting the worst, but it wasnt bad at all. Worst part was getting the front bolt out on the drivers side

Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
The installation was not nearly as bad as expected. I installed in my carport as I had a vehicle on the lift at the shop and got impatient.

I dropped the cradle vs cutting the bolt on the front arm, and did the BMR cradle lockout while I had it down.

Can defiantly tell a difference on the road. Where it used to just blow the tires at anything below 60ish you can hit it from 30, they will spin a little then grab whereas before the spinning just continued to get worse.

Hopefully I can get to the track tomorrow and see if this cured my wheel hop issue.

Overall even having to go back to the shop to grab the cradle lockout (deciding to do it at the same time was an afterthought) Id say total install time was around 4-4.5 hrs and I was defiantly taking my time
Good deal sir ,let us know how she does on the track :)

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Good deal sir ,let us know how she does on the track :)
I was able to finally get a 1.48 60' but still having to leave in 2nd gear. Swapped tires and will giver her another go tomorrow hopefully.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody
I'm curious if this adds to the noise/harmonics in the car. Definitely getting the AAD rear arms soon and strongly considering the cradle lockout. Wheelhop is not too bad on my car, but I want none. The front AAD arms are a game changer on the road course. Thanks for posting.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm curious if this adds to the noise/harmonics in the car. Definitely getting the AAD rear arms soon and strongly considering the cradle lockout. Wheelhop is not too bad on my car, but I want none. The front AAD arms are a game changer on the road course. Thanks for posting.
I noticed no noise from the rear AAD kit.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I didn't notice any noise or anything either. You can for sure tell the rear is firmed up, but not in a harsh way if that makes sense.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
No noise at all and the rear feels more planted after doing the AAD drag pack and bmr cradle lockout kit.

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
What makes the fronts a game changer, the availability of more negative camber?

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
What makes the fronts a game changer, the availability of more negative camber?
Actually no. The factory camber settinf of -1.5-2.0 is fine IMO. What makes the difference is these UCAs do not have rubber bushings, these are more like spherical rod bearinfs that do not flex, so they hold rhe camber when under pressure of significant turning force. The stock pieces allow the wheel to roll onto the outside shoulder of the tire, chewing up that shoulder. These arms prevent that.
The standard version of the UCAs are good for the stock range negative as far negative as they will adjust. If you want less (more negative) than stock go with the shorter autocross arms. Mine are max'd negative and ~ -2° is it, which I think still works well for me so far. My best lap time so far at Sebring is 2:335, but as soon as the nut behind the wheel gets sorted it will be faster!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I comes from that otta stereo I don't have. Too much or not enough Elz you are it's Quare vo in that lemz no aide. I got's another excuse. Anntta whple in myze head. Annotter caaar show at the beach next week at the church on a Sat. Cold, flat, cheap beer. Where all the chreapea dudes goes on the weekends to sell parts.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

Do you have a part number from BMR for the kit you installed, and is it the same kit for front and rear cradles?
Just ordered the AAD Drag Pack kit and might as well knkck that out while I'm at it.
Thanks

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Do you have a part number from BMR for the kit you installed, and is it the same kit for front and rear cradles?
Just ordered the AAD Drag Pack kit and might as well knkck that out while I'm at it.
Thanks
SCB110 is the part I used

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
You want Whiteline bushings.

SIXGUN

U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Madeira Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Front and rear, or is it just a rear thing? Pardon my ignorance, thanks. Obviously rear while I'm installing the AAD bits.

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
I only did the lockout on the rear cradle. IMO the front K member doesn't take the abuse the rear does. The front doesn't have any bushings.

Unless you're asking front or rear bushings on the rear cradle. In that case, all of them