Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

active exhaust valve

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I havent tried the mfer-1 still in the box but I did take hp tuners and maxed out all aes to 100% and for some reason the car seems to have lost some low end torque anyone else with those results?I has told by using hp tuner and changing to 100% they would stay open all time.If thats true I'm not going to install the mfer-1's

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
I havent tried the mfer-1 still in the box but I did take hp tuners and maxed out all aes to 100% and for some reason the car seems to have lost some low end torque anyone else with those results?I has told by using hp tuner and changing to 100% they would stay open all time.If thats true I'm not going to install the mfer-1's
The MFer-1 keeps them open all the time, I have them on my Hellcat.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I had mine opened through HPT also, but not sure if it is truly open all the time ?
I had the MFer 1 on in the past but not now, it did sound a little louder with them on.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
yeah when I had the aes at 100% across the tables it sounded louder but I could swear it lost bottom end torque or it just could be....I may still install the mfer's and if it still feels like it's lost some torque I'll take them back off...I dont have anything to go by but seat of the pants feeling

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Regardless of them being open all the time that won't result in reduced low end torque. I've posted multiple threads I can link to if anyone is interested in this old myth.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Regardless of them being open all the time that won't result in reduced low end torque. I've posted multiple threads I can link to if anyone is interested in this old myth.
I haven't haven't felt any low end torque loss.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
sorry maybe myth to some not me......like you said you havent felt any loss..maybe some cars are different I felt loss in power

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Funny they stay open in Sport or Track mode and that is where you will get the best performance overall......are you making this from butt dyno or actual testing?

I tried those MFER parts and could not get it to stop rattling even after changing to the $45 springs. Took it off and use the ZL1Addons plugs now......sounds perfect to me.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Funny they stay open in Sport or Track mode and that is where you will get the best performance overall......are you making this from butt dyno or actual testing?

I tried those MFER parts and could not get it to stop rattling even after changing to the $45 springs. Took it off and use the ZL1Addons plugs now......sounds perfect to me.
What are these ZL1 Addons plugs you speak of ?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
On my 2019 Redeye I have the valves full open without any software modifications or mechanical devices. No check engine lights.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
On my 2019 Redeye I have the valves full open without any software modifications or mechanical devices. No check engine lights.
Do tell.

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I have mine full open 100% of the time on my ‘21 Redeye with Z Automotive jumper plugs. I haven’t heard of ZL1 Addons’ version. Sure you can do it cheaper by lockwiring the valve spring open to one of the casing nuts ($5?). You can YouTube “free active exhaust delete” and there are a few examples. I personally opted for Z Automtive’s plugs because I can just remove them in the event of a warranty issue with zero evidence of tampering, not to mention zero software mod requirements. I’ve had em on for about 4 months with no issues. They send you dust covers to seal your stock harness too.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_aes_delete/

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I have mine full open 100% of the time on my ‘21 Redeye with Z Automotive jumper plugs. I haven’t heard of ZL1 Addons’ version. Sure you can do it cheaper by lockwiring the valve spring open to one of the casing nuts ($5?). You can YouTube “free active exhaust delete” and there are a few examples. I personally opted for Z Automtive’s plugs because I can just remove them in the event of a warranty issue with zero evidence of tampering, not to mention zero software mod requirements. I’ve had em on for about 4 months with no issues. They send you dust covers to seal your stock harness too.

Thanks, those aren't cheap but easy to do.
So did you leave the valves & motor in or take them out ?

Last edited:

2017 Redline HC

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Komoka
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger

They certainly look like the best solution to me.

how they working?

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks, those aren't cheap but easy to do.
So did you leave the valves & motor in or take them out ?
Valves, motors, everything stock is still intact. I simply removed the factory harness from the assembly on both sides, replaced them with the Z Automotive plugs, and capped the factory harness (both sides) with the provided dust caps.

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They certainly look like the best solution to me.

how they working?
4 going on 5 months so far and no issues. I half expected a fault code after install and sometime on the road but, knock on wood, nothing whatsoever. They’re pricey, but I like the simplicity of unplugging them and everything still remains in stock condition once the factory cables/plugs are reconnected.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So the harness commands the plugs to full open all the time? Or they are commanded full open, then the plugs lock them that way bc no power after harness disconnect?

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
4 going on 5 months so far and no issues. I half expected a fault code after install and sometime on the road but, knock on wood, nothing whatsoever. They’re pricey, but I like the simplicity of unplugging them and everything still remains in stock condition once the factory cables/plugs are reconnected.
Shame they can't add a switch to cycle it on and off depending on the situation

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Shame they can't add a switch to cycle it on and off depending on the situation
That would be nice. For what they cost, should have a bluetooth function so I could control the valves with a phone app...now there is an idea.