Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Aftermarket wheels offset issue?

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Hey guys, I just ordered some aftermarket wheels with a +20/20 offset, 20x10 front. 20x11 rear. Will these fit without modifications? Or should I return them...? Thanks!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
So +20/20 = 1. Where did you get the info before you ordered these?

Now do you mean your offset of distance from the hub mounting to the center of the wheel is 20mm? If so for a regular body your rear 11" is good, check the front, it is questionable, it sits about where the 9.5" was but it has that extra 1/2" (half of the extra 1" width), on the inside and sometimes that is too close to the knuckle.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So +20/20 = 1. Where did you get the info before you ordered these?

Now do you mean your offset of distance from the hub mounting to the center of the wheel is 20mm? If so for a regular body your rear 11" is good, check the front, it is questionable, it sits about where the 9.5" was but it has that extra 1/2" (half of the extra 1" width), on the inside and sometimes that is too close to the knuckle.
I had 20x10 with a 23 offset on the front of my SRT and they technically fit and worked but the clearance to the knuckle was less than 1MM. (.082 millimeter when measured). They again worked perfectly and I tried to get them to hit/rub with erratic fast turns and they never did, but psychologically it just bothered me. A little wear on the wheel bearing, a hit pothole to bend or deflect and then a lockup? Couldn't keep it and went with thinner. Yours should fit but you'll be (in theory) 3MM more to the outside so on a standard body you have to watch tire width.

OP
Phizzle

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys, according to America's Tire, it's a perfect fit. I didn't get a chance to really drive the car yet to test it out but I will this weekend.

I know my post was pretty vague because I'm sure the brand of wheels come into play too (not all aftermarket wheels are made the same). Stay tuned for the reveal lol

ofdfiremedic

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have +20 offset 22's, not even close to rubbing, plenty of room away from the Brembo.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have 20 x 11s HR5 (the 5 spoke OEM lookalike and I believe off the top of my head they are 25 offset, but I don't recall for sure.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Make that Et 21, confirmed with manufacturer.