Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Another end to the Hemi story but we have a little time?

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Based on what they are saying seems like next year may be the last opportunity to get a new Hellcat or 392 without getting gouged.
If 2023 is to be the last year, you can be sure there will be insane markups !

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Based on what they are saying seems like next year may be the last opportunity to get a new Hellcat or 392 without getting gouged.
If 2023 is to be the last year, you can be sure there will be insane markups !

While I hope things are different, I personally wouldn't bet on the Hellcat/RE beyond MY22, at least not as we know it now.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I am overly sentimental of the Hellcat platform. I was tempted a couple times to get back into muscle as I was starting a family and building my business, but nothing really got me there until the Hellcat. Not one day goes by that I am not super excited to drive it. Never been another car that has excited me like the Hellcat.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I am overly sentimental of the Hellcat platform. I was tempted a couple times to get back into muscle as I was starting a family and building my business, but nothing really got me there until the Hellcat. Not one day goes by that I am not super excited to drive it. Never been another car that has excited me like the Hellcat.
Amazing what a TAXI will do for the soul:p

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow lets all get "electrified" and jump up and down in our panties and jump for joy we will be "Electrified". Fucking ass holes those Green Shits will be all dead by the time they figure out ICE did not ruing the World as we know it. The Greenies have ruined the World as we know it thats the real FUCKING story.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Wow lets all get "electrified" and jump up and down in our panties and jump for joy we will be "Electrified". Fucking ass holes those Green Shits will be all dead by the time they figure out ICE did not ruing the World as we know it. The Greenies have ruined the World as we know it thats the real FUCKING story.
A man after my own heart. These morons don’t realize climate change has been cycling since before there were homo sapiens on the earth. Complete and total BS.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I mean I'm right there with you about it not "saving the environment", but on the other hand when these hybrid f150s are producing 570 lb ft torque......

Imagine a smaller supercharged or turbo v8 with hybrid motor, you could do so many things, electric motors at all 4 wheels would solve the rwd issue in the north and northeast, you could have a rwd biased awd system like amg and M and still retain a battery.

I'm not against any of it if the car has better performance.

Can you imagine ur charger/challenger skirting from 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and running the quarter mile in high 9s?

Only people who this should disappoint is legit hardcore drag racers who strip the car to its bones and put tons of money into the motor and trans..... and even those guys can just continue to build their car.