Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Any Long Term Users of Mobil 1 Euro?

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wondering if there are many long term users of the Mobil 1 Euro formula 0W-40 in their Hellcats? With the much cheaper price and easy purchase at Walmart. I’m tired of getting gouged at the dealer or chasing sales when the Mobil can be had for about $25 for 5 quart jug. I only change my oil twice a year so price isn’t huge issue but getting ripped of is a huge issue. I know another damn oil thread but I appreciate your input.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Mine is holding a belly full this winter to span the BS 6 month duration before I change it again before I use it next season. Sure sounded the same to me.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
I wont use anything else.

Attachments

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Mine is holding a belly full this winter to span the BS 6 month duration before I change it again before I use it next season. Sure sounded the same to me.
Sounds like you do what I do. My change I do in November pretty much sits in the car all winter until I change it out again in spring. Gets very little use.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I wont use anything else.
I’ll have to compare that with the Pennzoil I had them do. If I remember correctly there were some minor differences. Probably doesn’t amount to a hill of beans.

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
@BULL usually has those results. He has posted them in the past.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
We race the car, thus we change oil every other race weekend. Changed oil like ~20 times this year, so the oil does not matter when racing. Pennzoil or Mobile 1 as long it is 0W-40.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That is what I use and the only oil to use.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
.....just waiting for the Amsoil folks to show up. Always happens.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
We race the car, thus we change oil every other race weekend. Changed oil like ~20 times this year, so the oil does not matter when racing. Pennzoil or Mobile 1 as long it is 0W-40.
I know all rules go out the window with race cars, but I've read about the danger of changing your oil too much just because the detergents can be too aggressive when the oil is fresh, and you always have fresh oil in it. Just thinking out loud...

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I know all rules go out the window with race cars, but I've read about the danger of changing your oil too much just because the detergents can be too aggressive when the oil is fresh, and you always have fresh oil in it. Just thinking out loud...
I have 2500miles on my car 5 oil changes two diff services and one trans service car runs super fast. I truly believe that while the car is new let’s say up until 2500-5000 miles all fluids should be changed frequently after that then you can follow the general maintenance. You would be surprised how bad my diff fluid was just after the first 500 miles. I figure all the metals are being heated and worked so you will want to change all fluids many times at the beginning of the cars life especially when working the car hard. I have 2500 miles and over 175 passes on the car so far.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I have 2500miles on my car 5 oil changes two diff services and one trans service car runs super fast. I truly believe that while the car is new let’s say up until 2500-5000 miles all fluids should be changed frequently after that then you can follow the general maintenance. You would be surprised how bad my diff fluid was just after the first 500 miles. I figure all the metals are being heated and worked so you will want to change all fluids many times at the beginning of the cars life especially when working the car hard. I have 2500 miles and over 175 passes on the car so far.
You guys make me spend and spend more money. Good info, thanks Mark.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I think things are pointing more towards Mobil 1.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Why would racing a car matter on oci? I had friends that used to say the same thing back when I raced motorcycles. I never did anything much different then either. Asking as a serious question. Has oil analysis been performed to show some issue when a car is raced that requires more frequent changes? If you feel better about it, no biggie, just curious if there's some data that shows it's needed. I raced the old car a bit, not a ton, and did 1 year oil changes on it the 9 years I owned it and it's still going strong with the new owner.

I've also heard running meth injection or ethanol requires a more frequent oci. On my meth injected supercharged 4Runner that was proven false after 1 year oci and an oil analysis showed no difference. I'll find out on the Hellcat soon since it's seen a lot of ethanol this year.

I've used Mobil 1 Euro 0W-40 A LOT with no problems thus far. I go with either it or Penzoil Platinum depending on which is available in the 5qt jug.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
Although I use Mobil 1 in all other vehicles, when I checked it did not meet the required specification and Mobil replied that it did not. Therefore to maintain warranty I do not use it in the Hellcat.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
One thing I notice now comparing the Mobil report above with my Pennzoil is the molybdenum contents. The Pennzoil had a whopping 215 while the Mobil only has 72-75 while the universal average is 193. Another difference is the Boron level of the Pennzoil is only 5 while the Mobil is around 220. Universal average is 19. That’s also a huge difference in the other direction. Maybe they both do a similar job and Mobil chooses to do it with Boron while Pennzoil does it with Moly? D54E91ED-FE5B-4CBA-BD69-CF92420ACFE7.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I change my oil about every 1000-1500 miles, when it starts getting black on the stick I drop it. I also cut the oil filters open and check the pleats, a oil filter cutter makes it to easy to not too. The filter media in these filters is almost 6 ft long when pulled out!! I run my car hard, it doesn’t get babied. I buy all my oil for all my other cars at Walmart including Mobil 1 15w50 high ZDDP oil that I use in my solid lifter 69 302 block, can’t beat the price for 5 qts. And I’ve eye balled the 0w40 Euro spec many times and thought about using it in my cat since I change the oil 3-4 times a year in it. I may give it a whirl next change especially now running 85% ethanol after seeing that oil report, THANKS for posting.

Speaking of Ethanol, get this. I run a UPR remote mount catch can, I’ve found the UPR design to be the best in my opinion at getting everything out of the PCV stream. I’ve had my blower opened up a few times and with the UPR it is absolutely spotless inside, with others their was oil residue. BUT I’ve found it REALLY separates EVERYTHING out of the PCV stream. Since it has gotten colder here in Pa I found about a1/2” of crystal clear liquid in the UPR. It also had 2-3 pea size perfectly round yellowish oil beads floating in it, thought it was water at first. Guess what it was? 100% pure Alcohol!!! Seems the cold remote mounted UPR even condenses the alcohol blow by out of the PVC stream!! Any one else ever notice this running corn?? When running gasoline I used to have a very thin oily residue in the can snd it had a gasoline smell to it as the oil aged and I’d change the oil when it started to smell like gasoline. I check my cans contents often, finding the crystal clear liquid surprised me. I tested it with my tester and it tested as 100 % alcohol, burns invisible clear with just blue tips on the flames.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Why would racing a car matter on oci? I had friends that used to say the same thing back when I raced motorcycles. I never did anything much different then either. Asking as a serious question. Has oil analysis been performed to show some issue when a car is raced that requires more frequent changes? If you feel better about it, no biggie, just curious if there's some data that shows it's needed. I raced the old car a bit, not a ton, and did 1 year oil changes on it the 9 years I owned it and it's still going strong with the new owner.

I've also heard running meth injection or ethanol requires a more frequent oci. On my meth injected supercharged 4Runner that was proven false after 1 year oci and an oil analysis showed no difference. I'll find out on the Hellcat soon since it's seen a lot of ethanol this year.

I've used Mobil 1 Euro 0W-40 A LOT with no problems thus far. I go with either it or Penzoil Platinum depending on which is available in the 5qt jug.
Gents,
I run Ignite 114 and after two weeks of racing ~40 pulls or more, my oil is a yellow or white colored and stinks of ethanol. You can ask @hellno oil needs to be changed often with Ignite 114. Dave is crazy, he changes oil after every race weekend. :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You guys make me spend and spend more money. Good info, thanks Mark.
It ain't worth nothin till ya spend it...;)

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Although I use Mobil 1 in all other vehicles, when I checked it did not meet the required specification and Mobil replied that it did not. Therefore to maintain warranty I do not use it in the Hellcat.
I use to write a detailed post why this isn't true. It is crazy how effective (Royal Dutch Shell - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) marketing partnership and the creation of MS12633 has been.