Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anybody have a supercharger belt issue on stock Demon

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
My blower belt was running on the edge of the blower pulley fraying the edge. I loosened the tensioner and positioned it back in the grooves. Now noticed a chunk is out of the belt. Saw something about Redeyes getting a stronger green belt. Did the Demon get a similar upgrade from the factory?

Attachments

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I have been keeping an eye on mine.

Nothing yet.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
My blower belt was running on the edge of the blower pulley fraying the edge. I loosened the tensioner and positioned it back in the grooves. Now noticed a chunk is out of the belt. Saw something about Redeyes getting a stronger green belt. Did the Demon get a similar upgrade from the factory?
Were you at Dragway 42 on Monday? If that wasn't you then I saw one there on Monday...

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've seen this happen to a few Demons.

OP
viperakron

viperakron

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
akron
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #5
Were you at Dragway 42 on Monday? If that wasn't you then I saw one there on Monday...

Yes it was me with you. Great prep but air was 1000' and 20MPH head wind. So ET was only 9.89. Was watching belt all day after I noticed it was off a little.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Yes it was me with you. Great prep but air was 1000' and 20MPH head wind. So ET was only 9.89. Was watching belt all day after I noticed it was off a little.
I thought that was you, was real nice to meet you out there the other day.

Even though I wasn't driving anything I had a good time watching the 3 demons get into the 9's!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Georges
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 HellCat 2018 Demon
It's not a belt issue, the snout stack up can vary car to car by as much as 1mm