Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone tried the BFG g-Force COMP-2 A/S PLUS?

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
I'm looking to thoroughly destroy my factory spaghetti Pirellis soon. I am looking at the g-Force COMP-2s for an all season replacement. I already have a set of summer tires in mind (Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s). But, for these all-seasons, anyone have any experience with them? They seem to stat match what I'm looking for. I need a GT tire that is going to be putting in some long road trip work through the SE rainy season... not so much a balls out performance tire, but one that does the job good enough for the price tag.

Now, keep in mind that I live by the following rule: "If a car is going to eat tires, it gets to eat cheap food." This doesn't mean I'm going to slap generic knock-off econo tires on it... but it does mean that I'm not going to be putting $400 Michelin tires on it too. For a $196 tire, the Indy 500s are a great value. They aren't as good as the Michelins, but they're close and being almost $270 per tire cheaper, they're bloody awesome. I'm looking for a similar replacement for an all-season.

Anyone tried these COMP-2 A/S Plus tires? Know of any better ones? My local tire supplier can get these for $188 per. I'm keeping the stock wheel/tire size (275/40/20) for now.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Subd

OP
Xylander

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Getting my summer Michelin PS4S put on tomorrow. Still thinking about the COMP-2 A/S come winter time.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Getting my summer Michelin PS4S put on tomorrow. Still thinking about the COMP-2 A/S come winter time.
Winter??? You're in Florida. There's no winter in Florida.

OP
Xylander

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Yes, but I drive the car to South Carolina, Tennessee, N. Alabama, and N. Georgia. It's my daily and it gets used, rain or shine... and we do have a LOT of rain.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I`m in Minnesota --- come on up and I`ll show ya` what a Winter is ;)
On a serious side -- I recently bought tires for my car and researched a lot on Tire Rack and other review sites and I just remember the one complaint about the BFG`s was tire noise.
Maybe that won`t be a consideration for you and the price is definitely reasonable so might work just fine for your Canadian Winters down there (sorry couldn`t help it) (y)(y)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
FWIW a lot of people used to run these on Scat Packs (which I used to own and read the sites for them...etc), and most people did not like them. I would also check out Toyo Proxes and Continentals and even Atturos if you can handle an off brand on your car. I ran a set on my Scat and was pretty impressed with them, paid less than $100 per tire too!

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I`m in Minnesota --- come on up and I`ll show ya` what a Winter is ;)
On a serious side -- I recently bought tires for my car and researched a lot on Tire Rack and other review sites and I just remember the one complaint about the BFG`s was tire noise.
Maybe that won`t be a consideration for you and the price is definitely reasonable so might work just fine for your Canadian Winters down there (sorry couldn`t help it) (y)(y)
When you guys up there talk about snow tires, I pay attention.