Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Auto Transport and Advice requested

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I would one way and drive back...
Magnified, we're not discussing a taxi here, but a Challenger. They deserve better treatment.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I think its interesting that your car would get all dinged up trailering it o
ver actually driving it down the road😜
Depending on the trailer, tow vehicle combination, the tow vehicles tires can kick up a lot of rocks. A buddy bought a used car and towed it home on my equipment trailer, i warned him not to do it. Or at the very least mount massive mud flaps on his truck, and build a shield on the front of my trailer. Well he chose to ignore me, arrived home with paint chips, cracked windshield, and a lot of cursing. If you tow it, rent, borrow, or buy an enclosed trailer.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's why the shield is there. This trailer was open, so my primary concern was weather - but at that time of year everything was forecast to be smooth. You run a risk of something thrown high clearing the shield, but that's basically the same risk you'd run driving it home on the highway yourself. Mine was not only not pinged, but was spotless when it arrived.

Hellcat Front Quarter.jpg

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #24
All - thanks so much for the conversation. You've all given me a bunch to think about, I appreciate your time and thoughts.

Looks like the 8.5x24 enclosed trailer overloads my truck (RAM 1500 Ecodiesel), only by a few hundred pounds, but it does, so that avenue is out. One of the open air car haulers is an option - it has an 82" width between the fender wells. Some straps and a BUNCH of painter's tape and I could be @DGatzby's twin. :ROFLMAO:

@Linda's Hell Cat, I called Brandon. He's willing to deliver, about $900, so that's an option.

There's still the flight and drive it home. Wonder if there's a good shop to install some PPF before I go too far. :unsure:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States