Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Big brother is watching your driving habits and reporting to 3rd parties

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
If you get OTA updates, you are being tracked and data of everything you do, with the car, is being uploaded.

Easiest way to find out is to pull the radio. If you have a purple connector plugged in, you are being watched. If you have a pink connector plugged in, you are being watched.

Newer vehicles have an additional antenna (we think its embedded in the Aircard), which hasn't yet been defeated. My solution would be remove the aircard, or wrap it in faraday material. Still researching this. Need a newer head unit to tear down.

Trust me... EVERY one of your cars has an aircard, whether you opt for Guardian, or wifi, or not. Havea 911 button? That doesn't go through your phone. It uses the aircard.

Telematics, in the old days (2005+) just meant your car had hands free bluetooth phone use. I used to make the overlay harness, for the early Telematics module, so you could have bluetooth phone in your car, as not all Gen1 cars had it. Started by making one for my Magnum, then everyone had to have one. LOL

My cellcomm blocker works on that radio node. 2015 to 2018. That's all you need. 2019 up have the purple and pink connectors, plus an onboard antenna that has yet to be accounted for. Earlier in this thread, we explore the aircard and what its doing. I uploaded some aircard data, for those who want to review what Sierra says about their hardware.

This is a super busy time of year, for me. Not much downtime. When I have some time, I'll find a junk newer radio and start doing some testing.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The Guardian & TBM are different things and have nothing to do with your car being a 'fleet vehicle' nor were they disabled by the dealer when you bought it.
You need to read the document in that link I posted and call BOTH numbers to get them turned off.

@DGatzby I would be surprised if your DDSRT was built without the TBM, could be your build sheet is wrong (as mine was). Stealantic's documents have been proven to be less that accurate lately.