Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brainerd International - Long config fun!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Okay, did not bother to get Harry’s to give me an overlay. Yesterday will be the last time I use his shit software. This video has just some good running in it. There were about three prior laps with the cars pictured at the open in that line. Problem is your truly was so into it, the radio was playing some news off my favorite channel. Not cool audio, so I cut it. Video opens prior to the end of the dragway at BIR or roughly the beginning of a lap. The Viper ACR is driven by a friend who I have been running with, or should say behind him for about five years now. No way I can stay with him, but it was fun to run so many laps with him because he was being super careful of the rules. We run in Group A, pass anytime, no signal required. Unfortunately they combined group A&B in the afternoon so we needed to wait for the wave bye’s before passing in this session. But what is shown is how much fun we CAN have with the big monsters that they say cannot keep up and get critiqued by all media and journalists for being a dog, having no rubber, and heavy as hell. Second session had even more action and became more complex because at the end of this session someone split their coolant hose at about 150mph down the second half of the straight. But I’ll try to piece that video together later and have the overlay work also. But here we are Brainerd Performance School, yesterday. 75 degrees of beautiful in central MN, on a track nearly built to help our handicaps! Enjoy Hellcat fans.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Is that an ACR viper in front of you in the beginning?

Edit: I see now that you did say it was an ACR. My blindness is bad. Lol

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Okay, did not bother to get Harry’s to give me an overlay. Yesterday will be the last time I use his shit software. This video has just some good running in it. There were about three prior laps with the cars pictured at the open in that line. Problem is your truly was so into it, the radio was playing some news off my favorite channel. Not cool audio, so I cut it. Video opens prior to the end of the dragway at BIR or roughly the beginning of a lap. The Viper ACR is driven by a friend who I have been running with, or should say behind him for about five years now. No way I can stay with him, but it was fun to run so many laps with him because he was being super careful of the rules. We run in Group A, pass anytime, no signal required. Unfortunately they combined group A&B in the afternoon so we needed to wait for the wave bye’s before passing in this session. But what is shown is how much fun we CAN have with the big monsters that they say cannot keep up and get critiqued by all media and journalists for being a dog, having no rubber, and heavy as hell. Second session had even more action and became more complex because at the end of this session someone split their coolant hose at about 150mph down the second half of the straight. But I’ll try to piece that video together later and have the overlay work also. But here we are Brainerd Performance School, yesterday. 75 degrees of beautiful in central MN, on a track nearly built to help our handicaps! Enjoy Hellcat fans.

Watching now...

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Watched the entire video.
Loved it!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I clocked two laps @ ~1:57

;)

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Was that red Charger the same guy from the previous Vette track day there this summer?
No C8 Vettes? I guess that guy with the black one didn't want to come back.
Glad it was a good day for you.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Was that red Charger the same guy from the previous Vette track day there this summer?
No C8 Vettes? I guess that guy with the black one didn't want to come back.
Glad it was a good day for you.
It was, he is getting better and better and loving it. Also a member on here. Brian, get in here! A silver/black stripe is a good friend from the Club, he was there, but has a GN. He was behind me once in the morning on the Comp course.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
I clocked two laps @ ~1:57

;)
Yep. Looks like the mid-1:50’s were it. When you can do consistent times in that range, you should be in the hunt. The road btw 9-10 has gone to shit (bumps and rolls- heaves from clay) and has ribbons of spent rubber from drifting contests. It prohibits me from WOT thru there, along with a pretty rough area under that bridge and b4 the bridge, which agains limits some better lap times we may wish for. Sideways into that bridge abutment at about 70 probably would not work out well. I turned and recorded a real 1:49 in the morning on the short course and many at 1:50. So I am happy. There will be a at least one hero lap time next year. Harry’s did pick up a couple of other mid-1:50’s in the second session even with a slick last 1/2 of the strip area.

Help me eliminate over 50 lbs of unspring weight!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Watched the entire video.
Loved it!
You get a Winner for watching the whole thing. That is one sweet running engine Mopar has given us and was running real well on its best diet.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
I particularly liked where you passed the red Mustang at 5:30 and then how you took two turns at what looked to me like maximum cornering speed - leading to the grandstand straightaway! Great stuff!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Great video @DGatzby, thanks for sharing! Cat was screamin' and the driver mod was flexing! They must hear that blower whine and then a full ear of exhaust whne you blow by :)

You swallowed up a lot of cars there, but man you can really see what a Viper can do on the course when there's no one in front to hold it back.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Great video @DGatzby, thanks for sharing! Cat was screamin' and the driver mod was flexing! They must hear that blower whine and then a full ear of exhaust whne you blow by :)

You swallowed up a lot of cars there, but man you can really see what a Viper can do on the course when there's no one in front to hold it back.
Thanks, it did finally feel like it was handling right.

Oh, I have some short course video from the morning, where he trashed me bad with nobody in front of him. I have rode with him on the long course, it is one scary trip! I have some footage of a couple or race prepped Camaros on the second session. I am going to try to get the overlay to work first. I had to let them pass, well driven well prepared automobiles, they were screaming around together also. The disappointing thing was no C8’s or new Fords were present.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13

I believe the RE sounds something like this coming and going o_O

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I believe the RE sounds something like this coming and going o_O

That's the good stuff right there!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lubbock
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Great video...if you don't mind me asking...what tires are you running?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Great video...if you don't mind me asking...what tires are you running?
No problem, 345/30 R 325/30 F Cup 2’s on four identical 12” wide custom made wheels by Triumph Performance Wheel @TRIUMPH. Looks like this...
86900EED-9942-41FA-B842-D1A4EFEC95A7.png

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Now let’s complete the long confirmation collection from Monday. I apologize for Harry’s Lap Timer. In the first (above) video, the app crashed on the first lap, then only managed to trigger the GoPro, but returned bullshit for data, and never even gave me lap times, just an overall 17 min lap. Great huh? So we have no overlay. Not a problem, that will be the last day I use that horrible app. Anyone wants to know several other reasons I hate it PM me. So enough...

This is the second session in the afternoon and was the final session for me. We got delayed after the first session shown above due to a coolant line bust in the straight. So in this video, you see the absorbent on the straight. The Cup 2’s did not like it at all. Everyone was so thoughtful (NOT) going up the straight and pulled over to the CLEAN right side so us faster cars needed to pass on the left and into the shit at about 100-120+mph. Well my balls are not that large and my brain is not that small, so you notice I lift about every time through it. I purposely checked out the cat litter on the first lap, and knew it was trouble.

We have an unauthorized three abreast pass to show in the center “lane” by another driver in one of the laps. He certainly could have waited for turn #1-#2 for me to signal him. He only got by me on the straight because I lifted, I can assure you. It is different outside of a 1/2 mile straight, but he could not wait. I let his buddy pass me in turn #2 by pulling myself out of the race line. I should have made him pass me off line, but what the hell, I could give a shit if they want to go wild. That particular sequence shows what NOT to do in mixed HPDE and probably would have got a big black flag by most other organizations.

So this won’t contain the speeds we boast we can get on that straight, or effectively show what about 800 well running HP can do, because of the lack of traction. The Redeye is making that journey up a half mile much, much more challenging than driving a regular Hellcat. With the increased power and in some spots, the rear gear and the added torque/power make its management a bit difficult! But, again the advanced group is mixed with the intermediate group. I am sure the differences in driving can be apparent from watching. But, this is not for money, it is for fun, so driving with tolerance in traffic, lets the machine AND the driver cool down a little. In the final lap or two, I’ll admit, I had my in-house geeks help with a little audio patch this morning as yours truly should have been taking my own advice and just cooled off behind another driver who was not waving me by. So we just simply eliminated some verbiage/audio and added some alternative audio to help everyone relax and enjoy the final lap or so[angel]

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Nice save at 10:10

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Yes, thanks, pissed my pants. What a dumb twitch, way, way too early and too much, while probably still hanging on the damn brakes! I remember saying to myself, hell no, this is not going to happen here as I shoved that wheel the other direction FAST!

That is even my favorite corner!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Because IF you clear the wall (which I don't think mine would have done) this is what the treat can be, IF you are one of the most lucky on the planet. Sorry for the twist, but when we shot this, you had to be quick to catch it and think about if you were also about to be in the way of a problem! This is the guy in the Red Viper in the recent video's, only a few years ago. Excellent driver!