Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Carvana being shut down in Florida

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wonder what the 'real' issue is with them not being able to transfer title, seems odd. Typically this can happen when shady dealers sell a car they took in with a lien that they failed to payoff, but I've not heard of ppl complaining their loans are not being paid off after selling to Carvana.

They are offering to buy back the cars with title issues, so it's not like they are trying to slither away from the issue.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Something is wrong and this has been going on for quite a while.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
The real question is what does the Florida Automotive Dealers Association say about CARVANA? And I’m not going to take any sides but I know for a fact Brick and Mortar Auto Dealers despise this Company to the MAX. Is there any hate going on in Florida to help shut down the Internet Selling Auto companies? Once again I’m not following this and have not read all details but have to wonder.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The real question is what does the Florida Automotive Dealers Association say about CARVANA? And I’m not going to take any sides but I know for a fact Brick and Mortar Auto Dealers despise this Company to the MAX. Is there any hate going on in Florida to help shut down the Internet Selling Auto companies? Once again I’m not following this and have not read all details but have to wonder.
They may be hated by the traditional dealers just like we are by traditional real estate brokerages but dozens of people have had title problems with them for quite a while.
Many people haven't been able to drive their cars, while still making payments after being issued 2-3 t-tags for months.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I did my first ever CARVANA car purchase and it went very smooth. However I have been traveling a lot and have not seen my car tags yet. But my temp tags are good thru January so we shall see.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not sure if they have a hand in this, but it would not surprise me. They have pushed thru a number of questionable laws to benefit retail dealers and make it hard for any sort of alternative sales here. The law saying no dealers can sell an extended warranty here for less then MSRP is an example of them getting their way & forcing out all the out-of-state dealers that were discounting them.