Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Code U1412

Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 mango hellcat challenger
Decided to start the car today - first time in a couple of months - battery dead - throw it on charge - get code U1412 along with park assist not available - figuring I blew a fuse trying to start the car when the battery was dead - I did also loosen the right rear driveshaft and slid it - didn’t remove but needed some extra to install rear diff A don’t ask (I have dss axles and they are slightly longer than stock)

I’ll mess around some more tomorrow - but any help if this has happened to you or if a tech can help me out that’s be great!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure but the code is probably bc battery was dead , clear code , charge battery & try it again.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had my battery go dead on me.
Charged the battery for a little while. The result was a few codes and a car that ran like crap. Very unnerving. Charged the battery fully and started it the next day after clearing the codes.
All is well🤷‍♂️
Hopefully the issue you are having is similar.

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Just checked today with a full charge on the battery - still getting the same code - rear park assist not working and U1412 - im betting its my speed sensor in the right rear (the abs thingy that senses the ring on the axle) I pulled the axle without removing the sensor and probably did something to it (I didnt fully remove axle, just loosened nut and slid it an inch)

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I agree sounds like speed sensor or exciter ring in the axle

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'm no expert but google fu says:

Implausible Vehicle Speed Signal Received
Description:The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives wheel speed and wheel distance CAN C bus messages from the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) module.Cause:
  • Wheel Speed Sensor Wiring Issue
  • Wheel Speed Sensor
  • Anti-Lock Brake (Abs) Module
  • Body Control Module (Bcm)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Something worth mentioning, sounds like you removed the axle(s) not the driveshaft, right? That being the case, yeah, it’s probably something like the ABS or something. Anyway, removing the driveshaft can also cause codes, so if that’s next, remove and replace the DS before starting the car.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
If the code does clear with it sitting still but comes on when driving then sensor or exciter but if it will not clear even at a stand still then it could be a circuit issue, damaged wiring or poor connection

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
If the code does clear with it sitting still but comes on when driving then sensor or exciter but if it will not clear even at a stand still then it could be a circuit issue, damaged wiring or poor connection
haven’t moved the car - clear code and then comes back right away when I start the car

I’m still trying to figure out the connection between the park assist and the speed sensor - strange?

maybe when they pulled me off the track when DS broke they pinched some wires - can’t see any that look bad under the car tho driveshaft

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
haven’t moved the car - clear code and then comes back right away when I start the car

I’m still trying to figure out the connection between the park assist and the speed sensor - strange?

maybe when they pulled me off the track when DS broke they pinched some wires - can’t see any that look bad under the car tho driveshaft
are you clearing it with hp tuners? if so try to disconnect the battery and hook the cables together for about 30 seconds and restart and see it if returns ,,ive seen where hp tuners doesn't always clear the faults

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
are you clearing it with hp tuners? if so try to disconnect the battery and hook the cables together for about 30 seconds and restart and see it if returns ,,ive seen where hp tuners doesn't always clear the faults
I'm clearing with diablo - I'll try that, but pretty sure its a sensor or wire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Just checked today with a full charge on the battery - still getting the same code - rear park assist not working and U1412 - im betting its my speed sensor in the right rear (the abs thingy that senses the ring on the axle) I pulled the axle without removing the sensor and probably did something to it (I didnt fully remove axle, just loosened nut and slid it an inch)
Hi ncrowe, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Challenger. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Problem solved - I guess it was a code stored from when the car broke at the track and we moved it around. Took it for a drive today and everything cleared up!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
It’s about damn time 1FE4F3FA-B235-4014-A1BB-5969F06DCA86.gif

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
because the administrators removed it because of me lmao

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
8548AE91-E596-47B7-A675-5CB749BF97EE.gif

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
There ya go buddy

OP
ncrowe
Member ID
Reactions
City
ellenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Problem solved - I guess it was a code stored from when the car broke at the track and we moved it around. Took it for a drive today and everything cleared up!
Hi ncrowe, We're happy to hear that your concern seems to have resolved itself! Should this return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Rob
DodgeCares