Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DCR Cox Performance Lithium Battery

Trader history for Rcasa20 (0)

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Lose the weight!! Battery and tender was delivered June 2020. Nearly $800 new…I’ll let go for $500 plus shipping from Florida. Hit me up!! Picture forthcoming. Beautiful battery!!!

TheRedKey

Founding Member
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Port St Lucie
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Dont wait 500 is a serious steal. Ive had this battery no issues. GLWS

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
58159F36-A507-4547-A863-6752CF68015C.jpeg

Attachments

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I assume from the 2nd picture, the bottom plate replaces the OEM battery tray?

Did you install it at all? I'm asking because I'd like some real world feedback on reliability using a battery like this in a weekend-driven, hours at the drag strip car.

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I assume from the 2nd picture, the bottom plate replaces the OEM battery tray?

Did you install it at all? I'm asking because I'd like some real world feedback on reliability using a battery like this in a weekend-driven, hours at the drag strip car.
Hmmm. My Dodge guy did the install and I helped him with the removal but I don't remember replacing a bottom tray. There is a small metal OEM plate that essentially hooks the OEM battery down and then you screw down that to secure the battery. The bottom of the DCR replaces that metal plate so you can remove the OEM piece and just store it with your factory battery.

I spent two days at the drag strip with the battery and there were zero issues!! As a weekend driver, I did have the Tazer installed and if the car is left sitting for a week with that constantly draining the battery you will need to jump it. However, it comes with a battery tender so as long as you use that if you're only going to drive weekends there are no issues at all. Voltage was always right at 14.0.

If you're looking to lose significant weight to help your quarter times this is easily the best mod out there. If you ever have any issues I'd be happy to work with you and DCR to ensure you're taken care of from a warranty standpoint (full disclaimer: not sure if warranty transfers but since they are a small company so I'm sure they'd work with us). If I didn't sell my car I wouldn't be selling this battery that's for sure!!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Interested, how much does it actually weigh?

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Is it the 9 lb version?

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
8.9 pounds according to my Fitbit scale!

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
So it still has approx 9 yrs of warranty left, correct?

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
So it still has approx 9 yrs of warranty left, correct?
Not sure. His site states one year replacement warranty. I don't know what the warranty was when I purchased it in May 2020 with a delivery in June 2020. You may want to reach out directly to Darrel as he is a great guy and if issues come up I'd be happy to get involved as the original purchaser.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wow, just him and they are spectacular people to talk to...he said if I got it he would be happy to reevaluate it if sent in and will stand behind his product!
One of the best companies I have ever had the privilege to talk with. Shoot me a PM and let's work out details.

OP
Rcasa20

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
SOLD

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
Hmmm. My Dodge guy did the install and I helped him with the removal but I don't remember replacing a bottom tray. There is a small metal OEM plate that essentially hooks the OEM battery down and then you screw down that to secure the battery. The bottom of the DCR replaces that metal plate so you can remove the OEM piece and just store it with your factory battery.

I spent two days at the drag strip with the battery and there were zero issues!! As a weekend driver, I did have the Tazer installed and if the car is left sitting for a week with that constantly draining the battery you will need to jump it. However, it comes with a battery tender so as long as you use that if you're only going to drive weekends there are no issues at all. Voltage was always right at 14.0.

If you're looking to lose significant weight to help your quarter times this is easily the best mod out there. If you ever have any issues I'd be happy to work with you and DCR to ensure you're taken care of from a warranty standpoint (full disclaimer: not sure if warranty transfers but since they are a small company so I'm sure they'd work with us). If I didn't sell my car I wouldn't be selling this battery that's for sure!!

The bottom plate has a hole for fastening the battery, in place of the OEM clamp.
The battery strap also gets removed.
Used it for a while, after run cooldown at the strip can be managed by keeping an eye on voltage.
It weighs about 9 lbs

One tip- at the strip, use an extra long cable tie around the emergency trunk release, and let it hang out the back, because if the battery goes undervoltage, you do not want to have climb through the car to open the trunk(ask me how I know)

and I also purchased an emergency little jump box from duracell(weighs less than a 1lb, charges through the usb), just in case.

I love my DCR racing battery, 500 is an awesome price

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
The bottom plate has a hole for fastening the battery, in place of the OEM clamp.
Used it for a while, after run cooldown at the strip can be managed by keeping an eye on voltage.
It weighs about 9 lbs

One tip- at the strip, use an extra long cable tie around the emergency trunk release, and let it hang out the back, because if the battery goes undervoltage, you do not want to have climb through the car to open the trunk(ask me how I know)

and I also purchased an emergency little jump box from duracell(weighs less than a 1lb, charges through the usb), just in case.

Can't you just pop the hood and use the jump start terminals under the hood to open the trunk?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Installed :) -52 lbs from the AGM removed
8F109FC1-7B4F-4C10-BDAE-0763892F5635.jpeg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The lightweight battery parked beside that big ass sub looks funny to this life long drag racer! :giggle:
The Mickey Mouse ears look even weirder no??

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Can't you just pop the hood and use the jump start terminals under the hood to open the trunk?
Yes you can 👍

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
It weighs about 9 lbs

I have a Killer Chiller so no cool down mode running after shut down needed for me, I just let the car idle and it chills itself while waiting in the lanes.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
The lightweight battery parked beside that big ass sub looks funny to this life long drag racer! :giggle:
The sub is quite light...it surprised me when I removed it.