Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
WTF

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
If you go on you tube he gave a live show. His never ran correctly. Hopefully just a lemon.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
As the were running outside the plant they said "give this one to racerx, sounds funny" Another that sounded real good "give this one to Ron"

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #924
Not sure how they'd even enforce an oil change after every event, and all owners would have to get an updated manual insert for maintenance.

I'm doing things by the book on mine. Manual states 1500 break in miles before track events. I'm also changing the oil in mine before as well. I like an early oil change on a new engine, and with these 170s being overfilled by AT LEAST a quart, I want the right amount of oil in mine before running it hard.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I heard they overfilled the transmissions on these to help because of the wheelies and force. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same thing with the oil
Not sure how they'd even enforce an oil change after every event, and all owners would have to get an updated manual insert for maintenance.

I'm doing things by the book on mine. Manual states 1500 break in miles before track events. I'm also changing the oil in mine before as well. I like an early oil change on a new engine, and with these 170s being overfilled by AT LEAST a quart, I want the right amount of oil in mine before running it hard.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #926
If that were true then wouldn't the manual stipulate more than 7qts with a dip stick to match?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Maybe they found a batch of ‘15-‘16 sticks and you really only have 7 quarts. :unsure:
(JK)

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
No because they didn’t actually change anything to make it hold more capacity, they just crammed more in (on the trans side). I don’t think they’d do it by mistake, 1 extra qt of oil X 3300 of whatever cars adds up. I think it’s it overcome a deficiency and keep costs down. They didn’t change the oil pan or pickup, they didn’t change the trans pan. A lot of people with hellcats making big power run over capacity, on the transmission side anyway
If that were true then wouldn't the manual stipulate more than 7qts with a dip stick to match?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I bet racerx got 7 qts instead of 8

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I Agree with changing early. This could probably invoke a debate multiple pages deep with others. My take is all it would take is some loose casting flash, slightly tight clearances giving up some metals, etc: etc early on could potentially dictate the future/longevity. Yep the cost of changing early could be money spent on something else in life. Why screw around and gamble with it while potentially getting into a pissing match with Dodge over coverage, especially on a newer variant that had early developmental issues. Willing to bet all here including myself have spent money on other things in life more debatable.

I had the dip stick out and scrutinized the oil several times before this latest metal shavings issue surfaced. Until this questionable issue pans out and the new 170 reliability proves out I will use prudence and caution. It WILL NOT be a garage Queen, and it will go to the race track when 1,500 miles appears. Just my .02