Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 1/4 mile times

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I would say yes, it all depends on how hot it is, track prep, DA,
How much does the car weigh with driver?

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
How much does the car weigh with driver?
I don’t know! I keep trying to get the people that run the track to open there scale (it’s got chains around it) but they never do. I’m guessing 3800, and I weigh 169. I been laying off the beers lately and lost 5 pounds!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
How are you guys getting your cars to hook up still battling mine run great times lousy 60’
17 psi mt street r.
Good burn out
Dead hook every time
I run half tank of fuel also.
60ft always the same as the last pass.
Et bracket racer.

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
I run 18 pounds of air in the back, 40 in the front. 4 to 5 second burnout, 1/4 tank of fuel, my sixty foots around 1.41

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
How are you guys getting your cars to hook up still battling mine run great times lousy 60’
301A4201-55E8-4C51-BA0D-A80C497AE58B.jpeg
Weight with half tank and driver no reduction.
4420lb
Every pass

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
With no weight reduction and DA at 3300 feet that’s about right.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
With no weight reduction and DA at 3300 feet that’s about right.
I added the Demon safety harness 38lbs
Clothe interior
With Passenger seat

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I run 18 pounds of air in the back, 40 in the front. 4 to 5 second burnout, 1/4 tank of fuel, my sixty foots around 1.41
If you ever run into issue sometimes that low of fuel puts a dry spot in the tank where the pump is. But being stock boost you are probably fine.
impressive pass good work ! Love you see the car doing what it was meant to do

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
I run ETRS 315/60/15 at 20 everybody tells me with that heavy of a car to run more air and then I get 1.7 1.8 60s if I put my 29.5 60 15 street drag bias at 17 Cold the goes up to 19.5 hot I can get decent 60s 1.48 1.52 then when hot lose traction granted the tires are 6 years old and have been aired up the hole time not a wise choice by me then on the big end in it starts to sway gets a little pucker

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I run ETRS 315/60/15 at 20 everybody tells me with that heavy of a car to run more air and then I get 1.7 1.8 60s if I put my 29.5 60 15 street drag bias at 17 Cold the goes up to 19.5 hot I can get decent 60s 1.48 1.52 then when hot lose traction granted the tires are 6 years old and have been aired up the hole time not a wise choice by me then on the big end in it starts to sway gets a little pucker
I run Mt size
305-45-18
Stock oem Demon wheel
17 psi rear
Every pass

Racemaster
4.50-28-18
Demon skinny
30 psi front
Every pass

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
are you light enough to run 9s all summer now?
I would say, yes. Sure it could be heat soaked and not hook all that well and run slower. But on a good pass, of course it would.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You are getting bad advice. MT says to run that tire at 14 to 18 HOT. They should be checked and adjusted for the temp (ambient AND tire) and burnout length etc before every run until you get a handle on it. Want to know what they were HOT? Check them right after you run. I mean right after.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I run Mt size
305-45-18
Stock oem Demon wheel
17 psi rear
Every pass

Racemaster
4.50-28-18
Demon skinny
30 psi front
Every pass
The car would be safer with more pressure in the front. If you are trying to adjust for roll out, then I would figure out another way. If that were my car those front tires would be 35 minimum. Likely 40 or somewhere in between.

I had deleted this and was not going to post. But the other side of this is everybody is going to be reading what you are advising and I feel it is not the best thing to let this go.

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
You are getting bad advice. MT says to run that tire at 14 to 18 HOT. They should be checked and adjusted for the temp (ambient AND tire) and burnout length etc before every run until you get a handle on it. Want to know what they were HOT? Check them right after you run. I mean right after.
Thanks for the input I will start going down
Chuck

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
The car would be safer with more pressure in the front. If you are trying to adjust for roll out, then I would figure out another way. If that were my car those front tires would be 35 minimum. Likely 40 or somewhere in between.

I had deleted this and was not going to post. But the other side of this is everybody is going to be reading what you are advising and I feel it is not the best thing to let this go.
I agree.

do not try 30.
I don’t want responsibility.

I have over 250 passes at 30
My friend has over 500 passes at 30-35 depending on the track.
It’s been tested.
I pump them up to 35 to warm the car up in the morning.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I agree.

do not try 30.
I don’t want responsibility.

I have over 250 passes at 30
My friend has over 500 passes at 30-35 depending on the track.
It’s been tested.
I pump them up to 35 to warm the car up in the morning.
Now you are trying to condone your actions or say it is safe. It is safe right up until it's not. It's Drag Racing. I get it. But the second your opponent turns sideways in front of you, it becomes road racing. You would NEVER road race at 30 PSI. Yes it works fine going straight. But spin around and roll a tire off the bead and then tell me how safe it is. These cars are heavy and they need max pressure because of the load they put on the tires and because that tire is so small considering the size and weight of the car. I am pretty sure that tire is over it's load rating as it is. Why make the situation worse? Oh that's right 250 passes without a problem.

I am not going to argue with you. Every time I see you throw this out there and I see it I am going to give this warning.

On the M&H Racemaster Skinny 30 PSI is not safe. If you run 30 PSI then I hope I am not racing you. I have had several sets of these tires and at 35 PSI they look flat. So, I would never run them at 30PSI.

Here is a thought......Why not run a shorter tire and then over inflate as necessary? Spend a few bucks and not kill yourself or someone else. As I said, there are OTHER ways to adjust rollout and RT.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Now you are trying to condone your actions or say it is safe. It is safe right up until it's not. It's Drag Racing. I get it. But the second your opponent turns sideways in front of you, it becomes road racing. You would NEVER road race at 30 PSI. Yes it works fine going straight. But spin around and roll a tire off the bead and then tell me how safe it is. These cars are heavy and they need max pressure because of the load they put on the tires and because that tire is so small considering the size and weight of the car. I am pretty sure that tire is over it's load rating as it is. Why make the situation worse? Oh that's right 250 passes without a problem.

I am not going to argue with you. Every time I see you throw this out there and I see it I am going to give this warning.

On the M&H Racemaster Skinny 30 PSI is not safe. If you run 30 PSI then I hope I am not racing you. I have had several sets of these tires and at 35 PSI they look flat. So, I would never run them at 30PSI.

Here is a thought......Why not run a shorter tire and then over inflate as necessary? Spend a few bucks and not kill yourself or someone else. As I said, there are OTHER ways to adjust rollout and RT.
also if there is any wobble on top end I would not use those tires either. Or recommend them.