Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon hood?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Who has upgraded to a Demon hood? Who's did you choose and why? Hows the fit and finish? Pictures please!

Triple707

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pewaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
I would like to see what people have done, as well.

I thought about this hood solely to feed a Demon/Redeye intake that I would put on my '18. I like the old Hellcat hood much better, but if I were change the intake, a full Demon conversion would be the way I would want to go. Lots of money for an intake, so I balked, and thought maybe concentrate on a supercharger first.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
I upgraded to a Carbon Fiber Demon hood from Anderson composites. It is badass! 8A82BC9A-04DD-4A01-9279-CDC68DA78630.jpeg 6315F7BF-79CD-4F0B-9C9D-17D78B357D47.jpeg

Triple707

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pewaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
That is pretty badass. Do you utilize the airgabber? You've found it secure without hood latches? The lines and fit and finish look really good.

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Would like to know that as well

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
That is pretty badass. Do you utilize the airgabber? You've found it secure without hood latches? The lines and fit and finish look really good.
Good questions. Anderson recommends hood pins.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
My cat is a 17. I noticed with the air grabber and running with the LMI my IAT’s dropped about 20 degrees or so. Also I ordered the Mopar black hood pins and gonna install next week. It’s also 4.7 lbs lighter than stock.

OP
RGPIII

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
My cat is a 17. I noticed with the air grabber and running with the LMI my IAT’s dropped about 20 degrees or so. Also I ordered the Mopar black hood pins and gonna install next week. It’s also 4.7 lbs lighter than stock.
Do they say why they recommend hood pins? I like the look without them. Also did you use the factory hood shocks?

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Do they say why they recommend hood pins? I like the look without them. Also did you use the factory hood shocks?
Yes I used factory hood shocks. It’s recommended by AC. I will be competing in some 1/2 events so that’s why I’m installing the hood pins. If your gonna hit any high speeds over 130 plus, you better do the hood pins. 1700k+$$hood= hood pins= cheap insurance.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I have an Anderson Composites carbon fiber Hellcat hood. Fit and finish are as good as it gets.

I did use the Mopar hood pins on my install. At hi speed, if you don't have a steel hood, the forward outer edges can peel up and the hood then becomes a wing. For just a little while.

If your lucky, it leaves the car and you can still see to steer.
If your not, it peels back over the windshield, and then you're screwed.
fit1.jpg
The make a nice carbon fiber rear spoiler as well.
SRT_emblem.jpg

Last edited:

Best Vapor

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Valrico
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Looks great and thanks for the valuable information

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I admit those are nice. Was contemplating (down the road) getting one for my Charger. I saw one and it looked cool...but tires and (maybe new wheels?) first. Looking good. :love:

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now that a complete aftermarket Demon airbox assembly is available (good luck trying to find a used factory one) I will be switching to an Anderson Composites Demon hood. I wanted to do this sooner, but the no available airbox thing prevented that. The 2 hoods weigh within a half pound of each other.

Have done all my research, and will be ordering the airbox setup later this week, and will post pics when I get it.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Now that a complete aftermarket Demon airbox assembly is available (good luck trying to find a used factory one) I will be switching to an Anderson Composites Demon hood. I wanted to do this sooner,
Now that a complete aftermarket Demon airbox assembly is available (good luck trying to find a used factory one) I will be switching to an Anderson Composites Demon hood. I wanted to do this sooner, but the no available airbox thing prevented that. The 2 hoods weigh within a half pound of each other.

Have done all my research, and will be ordering the airbox setup later this week, and will post pics when I get it.
i might be selling my demon carbon fiber hood from Anderson Composites.I’m not sure it will fit with the whipple. I won’t know until December or January.
Not sure if you want to wait till then. Could save you alittle money and time. To order on through AC it takes 10-12 weeks to make and to deliver.
Comes with the Mopar Hood pin kit to already installed.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
1BF7ADF7-ACB9-40FD-A694-04306174DD65.jpeg

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
That's definitely a possibility.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
i might be selling my demon carbon fiber hood from Anderson Composites.I’m not sure it will fit with the whipple. I won’t know until December or January.
Not sure if you want to wait till then. Could save you alittle money and time. To order on through AC it takes 10-12 weeks to make and to deliver.
Comes with the Mopar Hood pin kit to already installed.
If TMAC doesn't take it, I'm interested.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
...And if Demon1 passes... :)

And although unlike "Demon1", I have no Demon but I do have the ultra rare Demon airbox. :ROFLMAO:

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Lol I don’t have a Demon either. Sure as hell looks good on my cat. It also has the clear bra on it to to protect the carbon hood. I don’t want to get rid of it but might have to for the Whipple.
I think I might have to get the carbon crowl hood.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Lol I don’t have a Demon either. Sure as hell looks good on my cat. It also has the clear bra on it to to protect the carbon hood. I don’t want to get rid of it but might have to for the Whipple.
I think I might have to get the carbon crowl hood.
When I was looking at it awhile back I seem to recall the Whipple needed the taller cowl scoop.