Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Intake Filter

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
I have the "race filter" installed. I think I have around 105.00 in both pieces. It definitely outflows the demon filter. Lol I should have got the track filter which is just one layer. This one is louder then both filters. 20200427_142731.jpg 20200427_143002.jpg

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I ended up getting two of them at $65, because I couldn't quite tell from their pictures how they were damaged. I ended up installing one that has very very slight bends in filter fins. The other one I got is perfect, minus that tab that broke off (just like yours). So I'm going to either epoxy or superglue it back on. I can see how it can snap off. Dodge should have mounted that tab on better. There isn't much that holds it on.

Not sure how anyone else installed their filter, but I just took the 3 torx screws out with the intake still in the car and removed the filter + loosened the clamp to filter. It was kind of a pain to remove those screws, the rubber intake ribs were in my way a good deal, and the screws were in awfully tight imo. Next time I'm wondering if it might be easier to just take the entire intake off, then remove the filter. I also might grab an extra set of those screws, just in case my other ones start getting a bit stripped over time.

Lastly I looked at both Redeye factory filter and this Demon "race" filter and I don't really see much if any difference. I thought maybe there was a hole in the demon center for extra flow, but it's just a fake hole that goes no where lol. Seemed like daylight went threw both filters to me about the same. Once I drive it I'll have to see if I can feel that 11hp, hahaha!
I'll admit for the install, I loosened both the retainers on the intake tube, and it was most easy to just fold it out of the way temporarily without even touching both of the sensor wires. Once free, those three screws are most easy to screw out and back in again.

Hell it is much more hard to get the damn embedded bugs out of the OEM filter. It was easy to spray some of the K&N cleaner and wash the light oil and dirt away. I even put it in the sun to kill the Corona Virus it may have sucked up. Now it is clear this car sucks big time! Ha, not in a bad way, but sucks the air big time! I have used water, air and water again with a low pressure spray from the inside and some of them are still stubborn! It is going to become a matter of manhood VS bugs here damn-it!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I'll admit for the install, I loosened both the retainers on the intake tube, and it was most easy to just fold it out of the way temporarily without even touching both of the sensor wires. Once free, those three screws are most easy to screw out and back in again.

Hell it is much more hard to get the damn embedded bugs out of the OEM filter. It was easy to spray some of the K&N cleaner and wash the light oil and dirt away. I even put it in the sun to kill the Corona Virus it may have sucked up. Now it is clear this car sucks big time! Ha, not in a bad way, but sucks the air big time! I have used water, air and water again with a low pressure spray from the inside and some of them are still stubborn! It is going to become a matter of manhood VS bugs here damn-it!
Good idea. I just loosened the filter side. Next time I'll try and loosen both sides and move that intake tube out of my way, to get a better angle at the screws. I was just happy Dodge didn't put a screw on the bottom, and just put screws on the side and top, lol. I was a bit surprised after only 1500 miles of driving my OEM Redeye filter was a bit dirty (Thought it would be a bit cleaner with so few miles) and had some bugs in it too like yours. With (2) demon race filters though I shouldn't have to use it again.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Roseville
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC RE WB
Anybody run the Demon race/crate filter for extended period of time? Wondering if it filters fine for daily use (I mean, I wouldn’t run it in the rain or a desert dust storm, lol, just day to day driving). I’m assuming since it’s oiled and more than likely a K&N it should filter enough to not harm the engine :unsure:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I am going to use the Demon filter for the track. It is too easy to rehab the RE filter and install again. Besides, the 11hp extra hurts my reputation as agent #797.

Yep @MaxCarnage mine has over 4000 miles, it needed washed also, it was dirty.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Anybody run the Demon race/crate filter for extended period of time? Wondering if it filters fine for daily use (I mean, I wouldn’t run it in the rain or a desert dust storm, lol, just day to day driving). I’m assuming since it’s oiled and more than likely a K&N it should filter enough to not harm the engine :unsure:
I was surprised how dirty my inlet tube was at 10k with the stock redeye filter. Maybe its pollen or oil 20200429_112022.jpg 20200429_111947.jpg but I cleaned it. I'm running the demon filter now so will see. Pictures of the tube and the paper towel after cleaning.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Roseville
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger HC RE WB
I was surprised how dirty my inlet tube was at 10k with the stock redeye filter. Maybe its pollen or oil View attachment 16789 View attachment 16790 but I cleaned it. I'm running the demon filter now so will see. Pictures of the tube and the paper towel after cleaning.
Yah, hard to say. Could have been a little residual oil that coated inner inlet tube and caught dust/pollen, etc. Wouldn’t worry about that as it’s to be expected with open element filters. Larger particulate would be the concern (which shouldn’t get through any of the filters discussed here, even the Airaid Race Filter).

Keep us posted on thoughts, performance and of course increased supercharger whine from the Demon Air Grabber filter (y)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I have 3,000 miles since installation.

NEVER cleaned or removed.

Still looks brand new.

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #89
Great news enjoy!
I got my air grabber yesterday and it had bent pleats. This shouldn't affect performance correct? Just aesthetics....

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I got my air grabber yesterday and it had bent pleats. This shouldn't affect performance correct? Just aesthetics....
I would think unless it’s really bent it shouldn’t make a difference. JMO

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #91
Humm, got mine last September no problem.
Where did you order yours from? Thanks.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Where did you order yours from? Thanks.
What you should know is there was a short window where they dropped the VIN Restriction on this. I am not positive, but if you order one now you will likely need proof of Demon ownership. You can always give it a shot. Let us know......

OP
bc_hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
Thread Starter #93
What you should know is there was a short window where they dropped the VIN Restriction on this. I am not positive, but if you order one now you will likely need proof of Demon ownership. You can always give it a shot. Let us know......
yeh...everyone I tried has asked for a VIN. I was hoping they would be a little agreeable with a Redeye Widebody VIN, but no go. I guess I need to find someone with a Demon and see if they wouldn't mind ordering me one.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
They had to get rid of the product
With the damaged filter pleats.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Anyone else see this on there demon filter? I’m guessing it’s from daily driving it in the rain forest of NC. 20200823_103816.jpg

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
On Hell Cat and vetts,,, nope. But I don't use the hood plate so I clean mine every 1,500 miles or less. No dirt roads around the beach and don't run around the sand. When taking the filter off I run my finger down the tube and never see any resi do do. I order filters and oil- cleaner directly from K & N. Have for years.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Anyone else see this on there demon filter? I’m guessing it’s from daily driving it in the rain forest of NC. View attachment 22856
Grungy for sure, always a tough battle with letting it be dirty enough to be at it's optimal point/fine versus letting it get too dirty and then over-cleaning it and having too much oil on it and also using it up/degrading it over time. I haven't put my Demon filter on yet, drag strip has not opened here this year!!! :(

I have 2 OEM redeye filters, which I think is what came on the Demon from the showroom floor, and I've already swapped them just to have it fresh looking when I pop the hood. I feel like our hood snout pulls in a ton of dirt and shit right into the filter, which I guess is the point. These motors can really suck in air!

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Funny part is it’s not dirty, that’s just the rain water washing the oem oil off. It did clean and blend when I washed it.