Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Spark Plug and Gap Recommendations

Mopar78

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Waco
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2014 Ram RC SWB 4x4
Hello everyone, I've been doing some researching on best plugs and proper gap setting and have seen several different opinions on this. I would like some more up to date information on this. I have the plugs on the way that are pro & conned quite a bit. They are Spark Plugs ER14S by Brisk Racing. Your thoughts and gap recommendations would be appreciated. I had a 5.7 with a Whipple 2.9 running 10.5 of boost. I had a valve spring failure so I have a Demon long block on the way. Thanks in advance.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I never used brisk. I have been running the 2309 NGK in my hellcat and have seen a few going to them in their 170 gapped at .025. For your boost .025 -.030 should be fine

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I have a 2015 Hellcat Built and Tuned By Josh@ https://highhorseperformance.com/

The NGK spark plugs are what we started with back in 2015 during T&T and R&D of parts and Tuning and still used today.
Some people like Brisk, but don't always have the same results.

This is the link to the NGK's, I also copied over the Description so that you can see the chart for the gap size.

You can always give the HHP sales call and ask them more questions.

If you follow the fink and scroll down there is also a nice video to watch too about spark plugs.

Also @Mopar78 Welcome to the Forum!

~Linda :)

https://highhorseperformance.com/ng...-set-of-16-2009-5-7l-vvt-2015-6-2l-hemi-2309/

Description:
These NGK Iridium IX spark plugs feature an ultra-fine center electrode that's designed just thick enough to ensure the maximum durability and life of the spark plugs, and just thin enough to create an accurate and consistent spark. They represent the ultimate evolution of spark plug technology and performance. Iridium is significantly stronger than any metal used in spark plugs today. It's the hardest metal used (in fact, iridium is 6 times harder than platinum), which has allowed NGK engineers to reduce the voltage requirement for a spark.

Features:

• Shorty Spark Plug: No
  • Resistor: Yes
  • Manufacturer Heat Range: 7
  • Electrode Core Material: Copper
  • Electrode Tip Material: Iridium
  • Insulator Type: Projected
  • Spark Plug Thread Size: 14mm
  • Spark Plug Reach: 1.043 in.
  • Spark Plug Seat Style: Gasket
  • Wrench Diameter: 5/8 in.
  • NGK Part Number: LFR7AIX
Recommended Gap Size vs Boost with factory HEMI coilpacks:

• 0.029" for stock boost level
  • 0.027" for 15psi
  • 0.024" for 18 psi
  • 0.022" for 20psi
  • 0.020" for 22psi
  • 0.018" for 24psi
NOTE: Use of nitrous with boost may require smaller plug gaps.

OP
M

Mopar78

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Waco
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2014 Ram RC SWB 4x4
Thread Starter #4
I have a 2015 Hellcat Built and Tuned By Josh@ https://highhorseperformance.com/

The NGK spark plugs are what we started with back in 2015 during T&T and R&D of parts and Tuning and still used today.
Some people like Brisk, but don't always have the same results.

This is the link to the NGK's, I also copied over the Description so that you can see the chart for the gap size.

You can always give the HHP sales call and ask them more questions.

If you follow the fink and scroll down there is also a nice video to watch too about spark plugs.

Also @Mopar78 Welcome to the Forum!

~Linda :)

https://highhorseperformance.com/ng...-set-of-16-2009-5-7l-vvt-2015-6-2l-hemi-2309/

Description:
These NGK Iridium IX spark plugs feature an ultra-fine center electrode that's designed just thick enough to ensure the maximum durability and life of the spark plugs, and just thin enough to create an accurate and consistent spark. They represent the ultimate evolution of spark plug technology and performance. Iridium is significantly stronger than any metal used in spark plugs today. It's the hardest metal used (in fact, iridium is 6 times harder than platinum), which has allowed NGK engineers to reduce the voltage requirement for a spark.

Features:

• Shorty Spark Plug: No
  • Resistor: Yes
  • Manufacturer Heat Range: 7
  • Electrode Core Material: Copper
  • Electrode Tip Material: Iridium
  • Insulator Type: Projected
  • Spark Plug Thread Size: 14mm
  • Spark Plug Reach: 1.043 in.
  • Spark Plug Seat Style: Gasket
  • Wrench Diameter: 5/8 in.
  • NGK Part Number: LFR7AIX
Recommended Gap Size vs Boost with factory HEMI coilpacks:

• 0.029" for stock boost level
  • 0.027" for 15psi
  • 0.024" for 18 psi
  • 0.022" for 20psi
  • 0.020" for 22psi
  • 0.018" for 24psi
NOTE: Use of nitrous with boost may require smaller plug gaps.
Thanks! That's what I was looking for!