Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon transbrake 2.0

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
I would like to see Dodge make the transbrake 2.0 software available to existing Demon owners since I can’t afford to buy another Demon at $250,000.00. If it’s just a software reflash they could make it available on their power broker website and have a dealer install it. Seems it could carry over seamlessly between the 2023 Demon and the 2018 Demon.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I wish they would make it available for any and all!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Didn't I hear that there were mechanical changes as well??

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Honestly I am betting the car will still ba faster on the foot brake. Just sayin................Plus I have NO intention of putting 500 miles on my car to access these features. Not sure if that will be a requirement but I assume yes.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Honestly I am betting the car will still ba faster on the foot brake. Just sayin................Plus I have NO intention of putting 500 miles on my car to access these features. Not sure if that will be a requirement but I assume yes.
Wait, what? Your car will eventually have 500 miles though, right? Can't imagine you bubble-wrapping it. I am glad you are getting one, btw. I asked you directly in another thread, but I'll take your indirect reply here as a yes, lol.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Wait, what? Your car will eventually have 500 miles though, right? Can't imagine you bubble-wrapping it. I am glad you are getting one, btw. I asked you directly in another thread, but I'll take your indirect reply here as a yes, lol.
Not sure about this need for everyone to know what everyone else is doing. NONE of our deals are carved in stone. If I get one I will be racing it and making Stellantis, Dodge, and forum members proud as I possibly can. I will start a Thread. As you can imagine if I had to pay market price I would NEVER say much good about my dealer. On the other side if I got MSRP I would not reveal that either so as to not bring out the haters. There are a couple in here that hate me and stick the knife in whenever they can. Hiding behind anonymity of course.....

Only way I am going to get set up to use the Trans Brake is if I read that it really does help the car put up better numbers.......

OP
Ricky Racer

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Thread Starter #7
Not sure about this need for everyone to know what everyone else is doing. NONE of our deals are carved in stone. If I get one I will be racing it and making Stellantis, Dodge, and forum members proud as I possibly can. I will start a Thread. As you can imagine if I had to pay market price I would NEVER say much good about my dealer. On the other side if I got MSRP I would not reveal that either so as to not bring out the haters. There are a couple in here that hate me and stick the knife in whenever they can. Hiding behind anonymity of course.....

Only way I am going to get set up to use the Trans Brake is if I read that it really does help the car put up better numbers.......
When your competitors are using a two-step launch controller using foot brake to launch put you at a disadvantage, I don’t care how fast the car goes as long as I can get off the line consistently.

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
When your competitors are using a two-step launch controller foot breaking it put you at a disadvantage, I don’t care how fast the car goes as long as I can get off the line consistently.
I kind of agree with that. But I mostly run private events where I am looking to set a record. If I bracket race etc. I would run a non electronics sportsman tree if possible. These cars just do not move fast enough to cut a light on a pro tree. Pro tree staggered start I would go in deep. Heads up not much of an advantage going in deep.

As far as the trans brake I suspect it might be difficult to use in competition. It depends on how they have it set up. I know there is a hard switch on the switch bank now, so it is likely not automatically enabled in drag mode any more. So if you hit the hard switch, pull ONE paddle and then floor the throttle and rpm spikes and settles at the programmed in holding RPM you might be OK. But with the last setup you timed out after so many seconds. If that time is 5 seconds you might have a hard time. Ten Seconds would be better or 15 would likely be best. Or no time limit. Also you had to pull both paddles etc. with the old setup. We will have to see how it works.

Last edited: