Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DGatzby and I playing tag at Brainerd

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #61
@DGatzby , what are your updated alignment specs? Those are the ones before you got it corrected, right?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@DGatzby , what are your updated alignment specs? Those are the ones before you got it corrected, right?
Yes. I did two things b4 Monday after I saw the numbers last Friday.

Returned the rear settings to factory, which yield the specs shown below. Looking at my rears especially the big fat units as you know, they did not seem to give a hell about settings. I can’t believe they were not scraped clean with that dragging 1/2 degree of toe! I think all the firm bushings back there hold those tires in check, so no matter what I do within reason they could give a rip. EXCEPT don’t set it up with a bastard toe-in unless death is desired at 150 mph! I think the big Cup 2’s are going to be hard to break traction with especially when hot and laying flat with those settings. Ha, may be time for a romp up the dragstrip!

6C045D05-C355-4F2B-9D7A-5C6A4D9E1BCC.jpeg

In the front, it was nearly too easy. Note in these specs the difference in my previous post this morning made by changing to two “tabs” more negative camber does to the caster and toe in the front. Since you and I know the left front takes the brunt at BIR, I dialed back the right to one tab. When you split that difference, math theory says the change half’s itself. So then the front toe became nearly identical and right on the edge of specs toe-in. It felt okay also, I was being too cautious Monday morning between still spooked and attempting to make the pads last until the afternoon sessions. Plus deep within, you know I have a built-in fear of those Toyo tires. Oh well. They did feel much, much better than with the “stock” suspension last year. Checking the front tires after running them two sessions in the morning, they look hardly different! Damn, how many days have you got out of your set now?? They did not feel bad on the street in the rain either.

When it visits the alignment rack to confirm the settings after I change the rear toe arm, I am going to have him set the front toe as close to zero as he can. Because I don’t want to screw with the nut up there myself, I’ll use two left, one right tab change up front. For now, I think I will NOT change the rear camber settings for race days.

Let’s talk about September and try out tagging again! I am into Sep 21 or Oct 5 for a Driving School Day. Those are dates where they do Comp in the morning and Donnybrook in the PM. Gary comp’ed me a day Monday after we got rained out. Or if you know another group where we can join on the big course let me know. I think after getting it returned to street in the next day or two, I am going to just drive it for a couple of months.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #63
I ran with the PCA last year. They run the 3.1 course in the Fall. I don't know that I'll be back out there this year though. Bondurant is a budget killer and I need at least 2 more tires to do another track day.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I ran with the PCA last year. They run the 3.1 course in the Fall. I don't know that I'll be back out there this year though. Bondurant is a budget killer and I need at least 2 more tires to do another track day.
How bad will the OEM Widebody wheels look on your rear? I don’t want to dismount them, but if they fit, you can wear those rocks out and that gets you a bonus day.

OP
TrackDay

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Thread Starter #65
Oh that would stick out at least a half inch. I'm not sure that suspension travel would keep the fenders clear of the tires. I appreciate the offer though.