Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Discount Tire Policy on warranty of tire question.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
For an additional 88 dollars if your tire goes down to 3/32 or less within three years Discount Tire will replace the tire. No prorated warranty. Does that apply to the 315 35 20 Nitto RRR2 tire? I think they only start out with 6 or 7/32 to begin with. Even with light driving within six months I would be there. I ordered two for the rear as I have a slow leak in one of my old Michelins. They will be stretched on to 12 inch rims in the rear. The maximum for the 315 35 20 is 12.5 inches. When I arrive the Friday after this Friday for install I would definitely spend the additional 88 dollars if this warranty pertains to these tires. Their website asked me if I wanted to add it. Right now I declined. They state you have up to 30 days to purchase. It would be getting two new tires for 88 dollars.

I reread the warranty. I knew I had to have this wrong. Discount Tire will cover the tire until 03/32 or more under full warranty. Not replace the tire if it goes to less than 03/32 inches within a few years. If they did basically I would be getting a pair of new tires for eight eight dollars. A losing proposition for Discount Tires. :)

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
For an additional 88 dollars if your tire goes down to 3/32 or less within three years Discount Tire will replace the tire. No prorated warranty. Does that apply to the 315 35 20 Nitto RRR2 tire? I think they only start out with 6 or 7/32 to begin with. Even with light driving within six months I would be there. I ordered two for the rear as I have a slow leak in one of my old Michelins. They will be stretched on to 12 inch rims in the rear. The maximum for the 315 35 20 is 12.5 inches. When I arrive the Friday after this Friday for install I would definitely spend the additional 88 dollars if this warranty pertains to these tires. Their website asked me if I wanted to add it. Right now I declined. They state you have up to 30 days to purchase. It would be getting two new tires for 88 dollars.

I reread the warranty. I knew I had to have this wrong. Discount Tire will cover the tire until 03/32 or more under full warranty. Not replace the tire if it goes to less than 03/32 inches within a few years. If they did basically I would be getting a pair of new tires for eight eight dollars. A losing proposition for Discount Tires. :)
Normally my tires last a long time, so I never buy the warranty on tires. DT has free rotation, balancing & flat repair so that's good enough for me.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB

That's what they told me when I got mine a couple weeks ago, for the 555R2s. That's exactly why I got the warranty. Figured if they "got me" the first time, lesson learned. If they actually do cover, then money well spent. We'll see how it goes. :)

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #4
They are on back order till October. Sold out. Large tire shortage. I just ordered from tire rack the one that is going flat in the size I have now. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. 335 30 20