Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Challengers, Chargers to Get New / Retrofitted Theft Protection

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes,, I do understand. Very in po ten tant. Why I waited till the 3rd year for the hemi/ turd do charge to marry too gether. Plus I put a 5 year ex tended warranty on it. Battery wize I am glad I did. Like mentioned be four,,, a 2 year battery is warranted four two years. And 1 month after that 2 year mark, it's gone. Do not know how much those batteries are in the trunk are but can't be cheap.2 years,,, gone and can't open the trunk unless you know how to jump under the hood and not blow up the nav system read out. Dealer went to change the oil and blew up my whole steareo system. Took a weeek to get it in but new and his dumb asses job was saved. And this is the only dealership that can work under these extended warranty situations??? Not good when going total electric. Betweeen the auto industry and El Jose Prez Biden,,,, how do you get off this ship if you live in Texas??

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Reads like two of the three anti-theft innovations will apply to pre-2022 models, and the "Anti-Intrusion" glass breakage module to 2022 models.

Also reads like they will charge pre-2022 model year owners to reflash the first two innovations.

In any case, welcome upgrades. Might save insurance premiums (comprehensive part) to do the upgrades

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Aint paying for shit, also not flashing my PCM as it has a tune. Class action lawsuit should be following as this should have been a recall event.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If this gets worse, I'll start locking mine.
But thankfully, unlike ChargerChallenger, I won't have to worry about the taxi union wanting a 2-door.