Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge Hellcat V8s to die in 2023 due to government fines

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Im going to use this sales pitch on the wife.
Been trying to talk her into one for a couple of years now.

I talked a sales lady into one and she loves the thing. Kick ass package by Ford. I still think their interiors are meh but I can overlook things when the drivetrain is there.
I think the interior is fine, however I'm not a big fan of some of the software in the big 12 inch screen, they could have done so much better with the camera system. Other than that I would give ford a solid B+, physical buttons for climate/ radio, solid materials and a special steering wheel/ design.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Physical buttons for radio and climate are a big one for me.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah that Explorer ST looks like a pretty good deal. I just did a build and price on one pretty loaded up and it came to $58K. In a normal market I'd go for a year old used one, but with the current market it makes no sense as used are more than ordering new.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Yeah that Explorer ST looks like a pretty good deal. I just did a build and price on one pretty loaded up and it came to $58K. In a normal market I'd go for a year old used one, but with the current market it makes no sense as used are more than ordering new.
Our dealer had one that was lemoned and fixed and it was the same price as new so we just decided to wait. It was lemoned 2020 from the trans issue.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
We can only hope, but if history is any indicator, these things are a bit cyclical. People just forget how bad things are when Democrats are in power.

Car companies are in the business to sell cars. When people don't buy what they're building they'll change what's being built if they wanna stay in business. Time will tell on the electric deal, but even main stream media has already started running stories on how they're not so great for the environment.

This aired a couple weeks ago on nat'l news:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Chapman is doing 4% below invoice. 58k build would probably be circa 53k and then rebates after that. It's a $1k rebate to order and then 1-3k in retail cash. So you could be anywhere from 50-52k before taxes, fees, etc etc

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think the interior is fine, however I'm not a big fan of some of the software in the big 12 inch screen, they could have done so much better with the camera system. Other than that I would give ford a solid B+, physical buttons for climate/ radio, solid materials and a special steering wheel/ design.
Big boss at work has an Aviator
That thing is killer but also 10-15k more to get similar. And it doesn't really have the "sporty" look of the Ford.

With 3 little kids and maybe a 4th (wife wants another), id rather get a Ford. I won't feel as sick when they spill juice and shit all over the seats.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Chapman is doing 4% below invoice. 58k build would probably be circa 53k and then rebates after that. It's a $1k rebate to order and then 1-3k in retail cash. So you could be anywhere from 50-52k before taxes, fees, etc etc
Damn
Same Chapman that does the Hellcats?

Est trade in and cash down - could be into that for $400ish/month. Thats tempting

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
We can only hope, but if history is any indicator, these things are a bit cyclical. People just forget how bad things are when Democrats are in power.

Car companies are in the business to sell cars. When people don't buy what they're building they'll change what's being built if they wanna stay in business. Time will tell on the electric deal, but even main stream media has already started running stories on how they're not so great for the environment.

This aired a couple weeks ago on nat'l news:
I think this is why there hasn't been a crack down on HP on electric vehicles.

Get a Corvette type of EV that just blows the doors off of everything and people will notice.
But they are still damn expensive.

When you can get into a base model EV with 300hp for under 30k AND recharging takes next to nothing to do, i think you will have the masses adopt to it.
But thats a big hill to climb right now. Not saying its impossible but even their 10 year goal seems rushed. But who knows.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Or in 10 years we'll be looking back going "what were we thinking that EVs would be better for the environment" when all the rainforests are cut down to mine nickel LOL, the road taxes and electric "surcharges" are in place to cover the EVs, etc.

I'll ride a horse.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Big boss at work has an Aviator
That thing is killer but also 10-15k more to get similar. And it doesn't really have the "sporty" look of the Ford.

With 3 little kids and maybe a 4th (wife wants another), id rather get a Ford. I won't feel as sick when they spill juice and shit all over the seats.
Lincoln's interiors are very nice, but they are more expensive when you look at financing and the mf/apr on a lease is horrendous (it's like 1.5% on an explore and 4.5% on an aviator) it's really not worth paying double for an aviator.

When the new navigator first came out we ended up ordering one for my mom, sold it within a year because it was a gigantic nightmare parking it in the hospital garage, she then looked at the aviator and found the 3rd row to be borderline useless and ended up picking the pilot, the x7 was my pick but she wanted something a little less flashy for work.

Lincoln interiors are a game changer as compared to ford but the big things that pushed me towards the ST was the more sport oriented presence and feel. The St handles like a performance car as compared to the luxury feel of the aviator and the more mundane feel of the regular explorers.

The one thing I wish Ford would add to their vehicles would be hud, for some odd reason the hud is a Lincoln only feature, someday I guess.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Damn
Same Chapman that does the Hellcats?

Est trade in and cash down - could be into that for $400ish/month. Thats tempting
Yes same chapman just their ford store. I hear that ordering an explorer now and having it delivered in late February is a strong possibility but who knows.