Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Does anyone regret getting the Rear Seat Delete?

BoostedCat

Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Anyone purchased the rear seat delete option and is now regretting it?

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I purchased the MOPAR kit then decided not to install and sold it. I'm not that hard core about loosing weight for the occasional trip to the strip I guess :) Did you order the car with rear seat delete and now not have the seats at all?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I ordered my car with rear seats and then bought the mopar rear seat delete kit . I wish I had of ordered my car with the rear seat delete kit factory installed .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Me and the wife are debating this option on the next HC.

I want the delete option, she doesn't.

She says what if you need that seat.

I say that we've had this one four years now and not once have I allowed anyone back there, even when I needed it.

I'm 6'2", there isn't room behind the driver's seat for even a small child (That would kick my seat anyway, and then die, so I'm saving a child's life.).

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
How did you mount the fire extinguisher? I've got a Halon one I'd like to get in the car. I used to mount it to the passenger seat adjustment arm, but don't run a passenger seat at the track.

I do not regret my rear seat delete at all, but I'd order the car with the seats and buy the rear seat delete. Rear seats are probably $1000 if you wanted to buy them? A rear seat delete is like $400.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I paid the $1 to have my seat. I have been driving vettes from the late 80's up to last year and never missed a back seat. But as I get older, as we all do, I hope, I carry more stuff on trips by myself. More depends and shine and with a trunk full of stereo equipment, not much more room. I am a short guy 6 foot 2 by definition of my past family. Immediate family , tallest. 2nd dary family all were over 6' 6". All football players. But even with the back seat in tack, I still have enough leg room. I don't plan or have future plans to be competitive at the track, if so will be against myself. Can be taken out if need be. Place for my cat.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How did you mount the fire extinguisher? I've got a Halon one I'd like to get in the car. I used to mount it to the passenger seat adjustment arm, but don't run a passenger seat at the track.

I do not regret my rear seat delete at all, but I'd order the car with the seats and buy the rear seat delete. Rear seats are probably $1000 if you wanted to buy them? A rear seat delete is like $400.

It's been a long time since I watched you vid on the rear seat.

With your approach, what ends up happening with the rear seatbelts? They stay in place with this approach, correct? Or at least the shoulder belts anyway, correct?

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
It's been a long time since I watched you vid on the rear seat.

With your approach, what ends up happening with the rear seatbelts? They stay in place with this approach, correct? Or at least the shoulder belts anyway, correct?
all rear belts come out, delete panels wont mount with them installed.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Me and the wife are debating this option on the next HC.

I want the delete option, she doesn't.

She says what if you need that seat.

I say that we've had this one four years now and not once have I allowed anyone back there, even when I needed it.

I'm 6'2", there isn't room behind the driver's seat for even a small child (That would kick my seat anyway, and then die, so I'm saving a child's life.).
I agree . Plus I think it "makes" the interior of the car . With the rear seat it just turns into a "garbage dump" anyway .

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I really like mine. never once used the rear seat in our previous challenger, so why not.
It does get a lot of comments when people see it. The mopar kit is easy just tediously boring to install. no regrets whatsoever.
View attachment 2661
Do you have a link to the fire extinguisher mount? That is awesome ! I just need a mount for my helmet now lol.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I don’t have a rear seat and don’t regret it. In fact, I’m so antisocial I bought a single seat.:p

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I have modified my factory rear seat delete for a quick remove back panel, because I have to remove it when I have to bring my 2 315/50 r17 at the strip. yNGk91wg.jpeg QinPh5fg.jpeg ULe6JIaA.jpeg hSWlnD5w.jpeg

Mo-par!

Vendor
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mt. Gretna
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon #1282
No Never.
Kids grown up. Wife hates the Demon.
Mope...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No Never.
Kids grown up. Wife hates the Demon.
Mope...
no rear seat in my Demon...and with the yellow color matched harness bar and the red harness belts...looks like a real race car...that never gets raced...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What a comment,, great and I would say, you are married. Now, where did you find the colored over the shoulder harnesses? Look great autos have them and they want talk to us $100,000 car owners. Theylook great but to discuss with the guy at the du Pont Registry once a month in St Pete, they want give up the info. Just because they are driving a $3000,000 auto with a $2000,000 gal on the side. What would they want to talk to me and Reco for??? Harnesses look great. Info wood be appreciated.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Anyone purchased the rear seat delete option and is now regretting it?
Not at all. I love it. I don't have kids or ever give back seat rides anyways. Looks cool and I like looking out the rear window without headrests in the way! And a bit of side and rear crash protection is always nice :)

Attachments

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
My ex- insurance man told me a 2 seat Challenger is cheaper to insure then a 5 passenger Challenger. My new insurance man is still laughing about that statement and my rates are lower from the new insurance man on my 5 passenger Challenger .

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
No regrets. Paid the $1 for the passenger & rear seat, then had the dealer "throw in" the rear seat delete kit as part of the deal. Rear seats are now wrapped in plastic and stored in the box the delete kit came in, in case in the future I want to sell/trade the car in.

I rarely had anyone in the back seat of my '15; all my kids are grown and gone, and as mentioned above, rear seats only encourage more crap (sort of like how a bigger desk at work results in more crap on it).

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I saved some $$$ over the past year by going on a Keto diet and loosing 80lbs LOL. Talk about a rear seat delete!