Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Does anyone remember the endless chatter that Demon MSRP pricing is "right around the corner" ??

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Well, three+ years later, with used prices well into 6 digits for almost all examples, it's turning out to be one helluva LOOOOOONNGGGG ENDLESS corner! :p

Last edited:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I haven't checked for a while, what is the trend?

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I haven't checked for a while, what is the trend?
Certainly not down. While 'ask' doesn't mean sold, there are several dealers that must be getting good sales since they list several new Demons a month and the stock moves. "Elite Autos" is a good example. https://www.eliteautosllc.com/ They have 6 right now with 2 sales pending. Prices range between 140-150K. They typically ask 150K for examples with miles less than 100; 140K for cars in the 100s but less than ~1K; and 120-130K for cars with ~2-10K miles.

A new "trend" has been for examples that are rare (high impact or low volume colors, one seat, rare color combos) get even higher asks (at least on eBay). I've even seen a few asking over 200K in the last month or two. One was for a Max Steel car (32 made) and another was for a billet with Demonic Red interior (14 made), although I'm not sure what they sold for. I doubt any clean Demon (less than 10K miles, no accidents, mods or other stories) ever sees MSRP again.

Last edited:

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
The world has changed all used Hellcats (and most used cars) are holding value. My residual on a 2018 Explorer lease that’s up is 29k and I could easily get 35 for it.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
The world has changed all used Hellcats (and most used cars) are holding value. My residual on a 2018 Explorer lease that’s up is 29k and I could easily get 35 for it.
Holding value is great. Remaining well above MSRP and going north is what most said was impossible back in 2018. I hope ALL used prices for HP Mopars stays high for a long time! With EV on the immediate horizon, that very well could be the case.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Right the Used car market overall is crazy and for sure the Hellcats have truly held their own and the Demon for sure has been impressive.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
FYI- used Trackhawks start in the mid 70's, some in the upper 80's, it seems prices are up across the board.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Slowpoke387 conveyed to me the Used Car Sticker price shock is driving people away from the dealers. Not sure if I read His comment correctly but he’s in the business and should know if the crazy used car market is sustainable. IMO it will put a lot of used car dealers out of business due to the sticker shock but probably help the new car dealers. The new car dealers can play hard ball on the new cars and then they will make out on the used car high Prices since the new cars are still to much compared to the used. I am not in the business but can only guess but could be wrong.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Interesting, my buddy had a very hard time unloading his bubble wrapped Demon. Maybe it's heavily dependent on the market.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Interesting, my buddy had a very hard time unloading his bubble wrapped Demon. Maybe it's heavily dependent on the market.
Also matters when that deal happened. Too bad he couldn't hold on a bit longer. 2021 is wildly different than 2019. And my bet is your buddy's ask even then was still comfortably over MSRP. Today, pricing is solidly in the 6 digits unless your Demon is a daily driver, modified, or has been in an accident.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
@Slowpoke387 conveyed to me the Used Car Sticker price shock is driving people away from the dealers. Not sure if I read His comment correctly but he’s in the business and should know if the crazy used car market is sustainable. IMO it will put a lot of used car dealers out of business due to the sticker shock but probably help the new car dealers. The new car dealers can play hard ball on the new cars and then they will make out on the used car high Prices since the new cars are still to much compared to the used. I am not in the business but can only guess but could be wrong.
I think if this continues people will be forced to adjust. They still need cars. They are coming in and we can tell they arent expecting to hear such high numbers. It will take time for the public to get used to this, even if it's temporary. Used car dealers are being forced to adjust how theyre doing business and I'm sure some old school dealers who survived before by selling cheaper cars will fall by the wayside. That market has taken a giant hit. I do think most Hellcat buyers however will spend more even when prices are up like now. They want a Hellcat and dammit theyre getting one. A purchase of passion. We've found that we are constantly evolving in this business (as well as most other businesses) and this is a prime example of how that is critical to stay afloat. People need used cars, used car dealers just need to read the room and make adjustments.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Let's also not forget about inflation. Since March 2020 our government (Trump and Biden combined) has printed, er, spent 5.8TRILLION literally out of thin air. So, to think that dynamic won't push up inflation (it already has) is a bit naive. And yep, that (in addition to chip, supply, and production concerns) will almost certainly hit pricing for new and used cars going forward.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I can't remember exactly when he had his Demon for sale, but ended up selling it to a dealer in the end after having it for sale for 6 months or so. It was advertised on this forum a couple times and I think he only got one inquiry.

Inflation does have me a bit worried and it seems to me that a lot of things (other than home electronics surprisingly) are over priced IMO. Cars specifically. I was looking in to a Durango and just won't pay $50K for one much less $80K, same for the 392 Wrangler way too much for what you get. If used car prices continue as they are it won't make sense to buy used vs new. My parents bought a new SUV two years ago because it was only a few thousand more than a used one.

I sold my 2016 2SS Camaro last summer to a local Chevy dealer and made out like a bandit on the deal. I just pulled in, asked if they wanted to buy it, and they cut me a check and a nice sized one at that.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
I can't remember exactly when he had his Demon for sale, but ended up selling it to a dealer in the end after having it for sale for 6 months or so. It was advertised on this forum a couple times and I think he only got one inquiry.

Inflation does have me a bit worried and it seems to me that a lot of things (other than home electronics surprisingly) are over priced IMO. Cars specifically. I was looking in to a Durango and just won't pay $50K for one much less $80K, same for the 392 Wrangler way too much for what you get. If used car prices continue as they are it won't make sense to buy used vs new. My parents bought a new SUV two years ago because it was only a few thousand more than a used one.

I sold my 2016 2SS Camaro last summer to a local Chevy dealer and made out like a bandit on the deal. I just pulled in, asked if they wanted to buy it, and they cut me a check and a nice sized one at that.
Well if income isn't outpacing inflation that's a recipe for disaster in the long haul for sure. I do remember your buddy trying to sell but I was sure it was at least a year ago+, pre-pandemic. I also remember he was asking well north of 100K so doesn't sound like he was giving it away. And as much as I love this forum, I'd never call it a seller's marketplace! lol Hopefully, in the end, he sold for more than he paid.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB

Yep, crazy. Reminds me of when Harley Davidsons were this way. They were cheaper new than used in a lot of cases. The market has gone nuts. Watched a Durango Hellcat bring $110k at wholesale auction yesterday while we were there looking for inventory.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Dealers are basically getting only sold orders in with minimal dealer stock, would expect used Hellcats and Demons to hold value very well as a result. Sellers market until the chip shortage eases.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't pay 150K for a used Demon.

holy hand grenade explosion.gif

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I just got an email from KBB saying my Hellcat is estimated at $39K. I'd have expected higher than that in current conditions.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I just got an email from KBB saying my Hellcat is estimated at $39K. I'd have expected higher than that in current conditions.
You need to go to Carvana

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I looked today. I see asking prices for more than I paid for my Redeye. Incredible.