Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Don't Shoot Me

AbsolutBadAzz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2014 Gt500
Hello All,

Just signed up for this forum to get some insight from you all. I've had a Gt500 for three years or so after trading in a 392, before which I drove an R/T around Texas and loved it.
I'm starting to see the limitations of the Cobra, mostly centered around the manual transmission (and size difference).
I was wondering if any previous gt500 owners were on this board that could voice their opinions and experiences with changing cars...I'm open to any input, hopefully no one boots me!

Thanks [???:)]

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I think the GT500 is a beautiful car. The shape and size show that performance was first and foremost in the design, as it is very slick, aerodynamically. Not something I'd like to race against, unless I had a LOT more modifications.

The last Ford that I saw that could hold a candle to it was the Boss 429 1969 Mustang. No other Ford before or since.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Well done Von Himmel ,you found another dusty post,I hope it’s as much fun as the “ builderdude thread 😂🤪.
i expect AbsolutBadAzz ended the greasy side up in ditch surrounded by gators coming out of a cars n coffee event in his Gt500 2016

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Isn't that how they get to be a Founding Member of the GT500 Owners' Club? The de rigeur burn out/inversion/crash/burn?

Usmc341

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Henderson
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Had a 13 GT500. Wicked fast but had the same traction problems as the Hellcats. Not as roomy as the Hellcat but it didn't feel cramped at all. Honestly if it came in an automatic I probably would have kept it. Two different animals both excellent in my opinion.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Well done Von Himmel ,you found another dusty post,I hope it’s as much fun as the “ builderdude thread 😂🤪.
i expect AbsolutBadAzz ended the greasy side up in ditch surrounded by gators coming out of a cars n coffee event in his Gt500 2016
Hey, at least the OP finally got an answer lol

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Spider sense working overtime.
OP hasn't been here for over 3 years.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
It’s like this site is a black hole with all the original posters disappearing .Is anyone looking into this?🤓

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ok, perhaps I am dense, but how does one find these ancient threads?

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It’s like this site is a black hole with all the original posters disappearing .Is anyone looking into this?🤓
Making founding member room for all the other-forum transplants was a dirty job, but someone had to do it 😎

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Making a black hole is not a bad thing after all. I think a GT500 member is in a black hole on this forum. Founding members have hound themselves in a black hole?? Interesting. Didn't know I owned a GT500.