Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
KINGMAN
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
Thread Starter #266
Didn't it take you awhile to run a 50 in your 1st Demon? Do you think this one is faster or is it because you used what you found out about the 1st one that you have already made it into the 50's with this one?
Two reasons. First, the PB in my Demon #465 was 9.55. I pretty much had the same setup with this car and nearly the same conditions and race track. So, yes what I learned. Second is, this car is well broken in. Not drag miles but street miles. I assume that would be similar. The first car went about a tenth quicker over the first 500 passes.

This car shifts way better. I am pretty sure the TCM flash has other stuff coming along with the advertised purpose. This car has many times barked the tires on the 1-2. And the other car was never flashed and had the Hiccups from time to time. Although the other car DID bark the tires after the Capacitive Discharge. I regret not doing it sooner and then I sold the car soon after. Not sure if it would have lasted or not......

I think this car should have done better. I was fighting the tires. They are getting old. Maybe a year and a half or two years now. They just were not working that good at the beginning of the day when the DA was the best. Well, I also think it was colder. And they were talking about how the glue does not work at that tempature. 40-41 VS 45+ Deg.

Anyone think it is amazing how close these cars are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Two reasons. First, the PB in my Demon #465 was 9.55. I pretty much had the same setup with this car and nearly the same conditions and race track. So, yes what I learned. Second is, this car is well broken in. Not drag miles but street miles. I assume that would be similar. The first car went about a tenth quicker over the first 500 passes.

This car shifts way better. I am pretty sure the TCM flash has other stuff coming along with the advertised purpose. This car has many times barked the tires on the 1-2. And the other car was never flashed and had the Hiccups from time to time. Although the other car DID bark the tires after the Capacitive Discharge. I regret not doing it sooner and then I sold the car soon after. Not sure if it would have lasted or not......

I think this car should have done better. I was fighting the tires. They are getting old. Maybe a year and a half or two years now. They just were not working that good at the beginning of the day when the DA was the best. Well, I also think it was colder. And they were talking about how the glue does not work at that tempature. 40-41 VS 45+ Deg.

Anyone think it is amazing how close these car are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.
You have this week to get new tires:)

Illegal_Demon

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2006 Viper (Arrow)

Illegal_Demon

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Anyone think it is amazing how close these car are in performance? Me and a close friend had 2 hellcats that would match each other time and time again set up the same way.
Sorry if this is a dumb q. What do you mean exactly by flashed/not flashed? Is this a recent software update from FCA?

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Ron - I'm considering picking up a cloth base drivers seat before the Legion event. My car has the air conditioned electric drivers seat. Do you know if the base seat will bolt in(I assume it will) as well as plug in to whatever is needed to keep everything working properly?
sent you a message

OP
DRAGRCR

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
KINGMAN
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
SRT DEMON ONESEAT
Thread Starter #271
Sorry if this is a dumb q. What do you mean exactly by flashed/not flashed? Is this a recent software update from FCA?
Way back, right after the cars came out they released a Transmission Calibration update that was supposed to improve 2-1 downshifting (or something like that). I refused to let the dealer do any updates on my first Demon. But all the other fastest Demons had done it so obviously not slowing them down. So when I had the Crate PCM and Center Stack installed they called me to ask if I wanted this update done while they had the car. I told them, yes do any updates that are appropriate and available. So, not resent. But you can always call and see if anything is available for your VIN, or swing by. Just to be sure.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Illegal_Demon

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Way back, right after the cars came out they released a Transmission Calibration update that was supposed to improve 2-1 downshifting (or something like that). I refused to let the dealer do any updates on my first Demon. But all the other fastest Demons had done it so obviously not slowing them down. So when I had the Crate PCM and Center Stack installed they called me to ask if I wanted this update done while they had the car. I told them, yes do any updates that are appropriate and available. So, not resent. But you can always call and see if anything is available for your VIN, or swing by. Just to be sure.
Damn. So now I wonder if I have it on mine. I bought a 6 pack of oil changes (great deal) when it was new, so when the next one is up I will ask for the updates. Would they do this by default, like a recall? Or do I have to specifically ask for it?