Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #241
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #242
X

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Well, I got to make some hits yesterday. And my car has that big hiccup on the 2-3 shift. But not every RedEye had it and none were as bad as mine. My buddy watched a lot of runs and he said my car sounds different when it does it or worse. He said the exhaust goes dead silent for a moment. I tried doing a capacative discharge/battery disconnect and I lost my SRT features and they did not come back for most of the day. Fortunately they did return for my last few passes. My car did it all passes when set in Track or Sport and the battery disconnect had no effect. It seemed it was worse in sport and the car was even slower.

I ended up making some passes in full default due to the lack of features. So, not able to do a burnout and not able to access any drive modes etc. So to make this clear, in full default mode it did not hiccup and with NO power chiller and no burnout I was able to get within.01 second ET of my BEST with the car in Track Transmission mode WITH the power chiller. So we are talking 6.81 @104 in default and 6.80 @ 106 set in Track mode. Lets hope this thing gets over it (learns). Best 60 foot was 1.45 on the 315's. Car was hooking really well. I am not sure what the final answer will be but something has got to happen. But for now I think the best plan is to race it some more and see what I can learn.
@EricG
Interesting. We will be doing more comparasions of this thing twice in June up at BIR. I'll be able to compare it with when it had 1500 miles. Some of the sector times we compared last year were NOT much different than the '15 HC. That long straight affords lots of interesting numbers going WOT for 1/2 mile every two minutes!

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
And his search for a stable Redeye drag racing routine begins. I have tried it every which way and it still comes down to the old foot brake and throttle game. I did make my fastest passes in track though.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I believe you may have the chemistry set up just right. Good luck and be safe.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I raced my old car with cats for 10 years on Renegade 109 nary an issue for reference. Renegade is a little better than VP but similar. Everyone had me so convinced I'd have issues with cats I bought a spare set. Gave them away after I sold the car.

I bet your stutter is torque mgmt protecting the trans. Logs would show if this is the case.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well, I got to make some hits yesterday. And my car has that big hiccup on the 2-3 shift. But not every RedEye had it and none were as bad as mine. My buddy watched a lot of runs and he said my car sounds different when it does it or worse. He said the exhaust goes dead silent for a moment. I tried doing a capacative discharge/battery disconnect and I lost my SRT features and they did not come back for most of the day. Fortunately they did return for my last few passes. My car did it all passes when set in Track or Sport and the battery disconnect had no effect. It seemed it was worse in sport and the car was even slower.

I ended up making some passes in full default due to the lack of features. So, not able to do a burnout and not able to access any drive modes etc. So to make this clear, in full default mode it did not hiccup and with NO power chiller and no burnout I was able to get within.01 second ET of my BEST with the car in Track Transmission mode WITH the power chiller. So we are talking 6.81 @104 in default and 6.80 @ 106 set in Track mode. Lets hope this thing gets over it (learns). Best 60 foot was 1.45 on the 315's. Car was hooking really well. I am not sure what the final answer will be but something has got to happen. But for now I think the best plan is to race it some more and see what I can learn.
@EricG
Thanks for the report! Figure that's about 10.2@135 quarter mile? 104-106 1/8 mile is really good.

Once you get a feel for it, I wanna see 9s on the stock tune/boost!!!

Interesting to hear about the shifting, like I said I have definitely felt it.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #248
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you can get a data log on your car you can see what's up I think. The factory torque mgmt on a RE pulls the timing down to 4-6° at WOT during shifts but that wouldn't feel like it fell on it's face I don't think.

What I can say is I spent quite a bit of time dialing in the 2-3 shift on my car custom tuning it, but more so at part throttle. For example the car pulls -20° of timing at part throttle shifts! I obviously changed that. I never had an issue with any other gears just like you describe with yours. Just 2-3.

Here's the 2019 RE torque mgmt table.

RE_TQ_MGMT.JPG

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #250
X

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
At first I thought I was bouncing of rev limiter only to find out it was this 2-3 shift glitch others are having. Sometimes it is very pronounced. It would be nice if they released a flash revision addressing this, they have to be aware of it,

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mine runs nuttin like ster. Maybe a 10, in the 1, mlile. Maybe a 20 in the 1/4 if possib/e// not that.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #253
X

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You will get it figured out Ron. You didn't run 9.5 the first year you had the Demon

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

@EricG
I raced my old car with cats for 10 years on Renegade 109 nary an issue for reference. Renegade is a little better than VP but similar. Everyone had me so convinced I'd have issues with cats I bought a spare set. Gave them away after I sold the car.

I bet your stutter is torque mgmt protecting the trans. Logs would show if this is the case.
The first time I dropped the hammer on the RE it literally felt like it shut off between shifts and just laid down. it was still winter time and I was just assuming/hoping it was crappy winter time gas and severe knock retard. Glad to know it's not just my car or imagination. Now with 865mi it just doesn't do it anymore.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Just interesting to note that while I have felt this shift hesitation, it is only slight(feels like forever in the moment though!) and then the car pours on like a freight train. Does seem like there’s an easy tenth or two there lost though when your making a 1/4 mile run.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Just interesting to note that while I have felt this shift hesitation, it is only slight(feels like forever in the moment though!) and then the car pours on like a freight train. Does seem like there’s an easy tenth or two there lost though when your making a 1/4 mile run.
But (how many miles you have?) does it still do it. Mine seams to have stopped. Damn! don't want to jinx it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
But (how many miles you have?) does it still do it. Mine seams to have stopped. Damn! don't want to jinx it.
I have about 6500 miles on my car. Really happy with it overall and I don't seem to have any issues with it. Sorry to hear you have a few glitches. I recommend driving it! :)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
As I stated before,I think that FCA should release the Flash revision. One would think they have the most experience since they developed the software and must have seen this during R&D. It’s just a matter of time before one of the the top tuners finds the glitch and announces it’s fix within one of their tunes, But that does not help the ones that wish to stay on stock tune. I suggest FCA would fair better releasing it first. Also I Hope this post is seen by FCA monitoring our site as an opportunity and not a negative complaint, then goes up cooperate chain to issue a software patch. Thanks in advance to those listening.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA