Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #301
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #302
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #303
X

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
So.. maybe 4280 w you in it sitting on the starting line? IMO that's pretty light by RE standards. That's the only reason I brought it up. Still an issue that needs dealing w regardless the cause.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
This is by far the best video comparison, I've seen on the 1-2 shift. Looks like the Redeye is falling on it's face for a second during that shift point. Interesting. I don't think my Redeye is doing this, but next time I race I'll try and pay attention. Or just need to invest in a gopro, so I can replay it like this. I'd show your dealer this video as proof of your Redeye falling on it's face.

Member ID
Reactions
City
L
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye WB
@DRAGRCR

Ron,

My 2019 Redeye does the exact same thing you just posed in this video. I have been going nuts trying to fix it. I just installed the Trinity T2 with the canned 93 tune and tcm and will be doing more testing.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #307
X

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That's definitely not STKR doing that. It's either torque mgmt or rev limiter I bet.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #309
X

Last edited:

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I haven't read the whole thread and you've probably done what I'm going to suggest but have you tried the different trans settings? Maybe the slightly less aggressive nature of sport mode would do some good?

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Maybe the dealer will overlook a tune. These cars shifting at 6800 is like no other. My first trans tune was hitting the rev limit and sound just like that. I would personally leave the trans tuning to the professional's. They know what works and doesn't by now.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I hope we all get to the bottom of this. Real downer for those Wishing to keep stock tune, and playing by the rules Dodge set advertising SRT racing. I hope their Dyno labs with the software engineers are on this one. We know the answer to the problem while getting substantial more power and et’s but Ron, myself and others right now are not interested in picking up the phone at this point to the half dozen or so top tuners that could solve it while damn near making it fly. If suggesting box is open I would think when car goes back for evaluation and to check his options, a flash download file on his test mule would be great, he has substantial experience racing this platform probably only second to FCA. Could be a great opportunity to work with customers. I think of this as a olive branch, not a disgruntled small group of SRT malcontents. Thank you for delivering a way cool car. I can only imagine the raw amount of time money and determination it took to make 4,500 lbs do what it does. I know this perceived small hiccup yet VERY important to us can be solved and make a lot of smiles. Thank you FCA.
This is so on the money I can't even...

I have definitely felt this shift bog and will try to share some videos soon. Interesting now how its much more pronounced on the 1-2 shift versus the 2-3 shift you described in your first time out at the track. I have felt it on the 1-2, 2-3 and even 3-4 shift I think. I feel like it it is by far the most pronounced when the transmission setting is track mode, do you agree @DRAGRCR ? @Speedy!
@DodgeCares

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I haven't read the whole thread and you've probably done what I'm going to suggest but have you tried the different trans settings? Maybe the slightly less aggressive nature of sport mode would do some good?
Problem is on the stock tune the car shifts at about 4500 rpms on the 1-2 shift in sport mode.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #314
X

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
All of my runs were with the trans in track and that has never happened. All shifts in track should be lightening fast snapping you back in your seat. Something is going on here.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #316
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I guess I did not make that clear. I was wrong about what shift it was. I may have felt the 2-3 shift hiccup on the street where traction is limited and rightfully so. I would never even try a full throttle 1-2 shift on the street. Nothing meaningful would come out of that. But on the race track it has ALWAYS been the 1-2 shift in my car. I was just goofed up in what I was thinking and feeling.
OK, thanks for clarifying. I haven't been on the strip since last fall with my car and yes I do remember it doing it for sure on the 1-2 shift, don't remember beyond, but still may have had it more. I'm racing on 275 drag radials so traction is questionable even on the drag strip for a few shifts. As far as the street... ;)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You can definitely control shift RPM (it's via output shaft speed actually) and I believe converter lockup as well in the tune. I set my trans up a little different than stock to match my driving style. There is an over-arching rev limit that trumps everything else as well as rev limit by gear so you have to be mindful of all that when tuning. What's happening with your car is so pronounced it'll be dead obvious in a data log. When you get setup with HPT hit me up and I'll tell you what items we need to look at and I can review the log with you to explain what it's showing you. Once you see how easy it is you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner :)

For MY car the Mike from OST setup my mojo in Sport mode, not track. This is to avoid the harsh downshifts in track mode. Sport and track have almost the same settings everywhere else, we increased my shift RPMs when in Sport AND paddles enabled so there's a bit extra when needed.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Just had the car out in sport mode. Same, wonder if speedy may be right about trq management, did they possibly factor in drive train protection With fuel and spark mapping. could have sworn I had it happen in custom mode w/500 rpm shift knocked off. Car is loaded got to be 4500 lb plus my 195. On the Street I do get it on 2-3 shift. Yes I have gotten it on 1-2 couple times. Pretty sure I am keeping track of gear count unless the trans kicks down to first when I put my foot into it and thought it was 2-3 shift.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ron... when I had the first pulley build/tune in mine and took it to the track for my licensing passes, I had an experience exactly like you are describing. The car was running 9.80’s at 137mph. It felt like it was short shifting, with the coresponding drop in rpm on each shift. Second gear was really bad. I thought it was skipping second and going to third it was so bad. I actually had a observer ask me if I was short shifting. I was not able to log during that exercise but the next time out was two weeks later at the Springfest event in Pomona. Tim was there and we logged another pass at 137mph with the same symptoms. He took a look at the data and said that it was torque management pulling 10 degrees on the shifts. It took all of 2 minutes on the laptop and he said.... “you’ll like this“. Picked up 8 mph to 145 just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.