Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Finally put my ingocnito sleeve on

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
The 594 belt worked and dont have any belt slip but maybe I need one a little shorter?But anyway it runs great and gave me 2lbs. more boost so now I have 2.85 upper and sleeve running 17lbs. Any thoughts?

Attachments

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Should be fine. If you go with blower spacers or aluminum idler pulleys which are slightly bigger, it will be perfect

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I have the incognito lower and stock upper. I was curious what belt to use if I went with a 2.85 also. Keep us posted how it works out.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I will I have driven it about 100 miles so far and it runs great.....but I guess I had a brain fart after looking at the pics. I'm not sure if the belt should be a little shorter or longer ...lol

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
I have this too and am really happy with it so far. Put on myself and pinned while I was down there. Pretty straight forward and a good price for the gains you get imo. After the tune I got about 3lbs
Should be fine. If you go with blower spacers or aluminum idler pulleys which are slightly bigger, it will be perfect
I have to check on thanks

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
I have checker on the spacer's and blanket and I do believe thats something I will do to lower temps. and wont need tune after either....very good!!!

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
alright I have the spacer blanket kit ordered....when it gets here and I install it the belt maybe in better position....but from have I have read the super charger is heavy I guess I'll see....but I'm not taking the top off and then the bottom I'm going to take the whole thing out together.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
alright I have the spacer blanket kit ordered....when it gets here and I install it the belt maybe in better position....but from have I have read the super charger is heavy I guess I'll see....but I'm not taking the top off and then the bottom I'm going to take the whole thing out together.
Yep take it off together. I had a friend help me and would suggest the same. The blower is nearly 100 lbs which is difficult leaning over the car

I would also suggest painting the top of the bolts that come with the kit. They will start to rust. They are black oxide or something like that

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
yeah I seen that...and your correct they will

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The 594 belt worked and dont have any belt slip but maybe I need one a little shorter?But anyway it runs great and gave me 2lbs. more boost so now I have 2.85 upper and sleeve running 17lbs. Any thoughts?
Yeah, your belt is on the lose side, but the spacers will take up some of the slack.
What fuel are your running on 17 lbs. ?
Did you tune it when you put the sleeve on with the 2.85 ?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
And you will need a buddy to help lift off & put back on the S/C, to do spacers.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Yeah, your belt is on the lose side, but the spacers will take up some of the slack.
What fuel are your running on 17 lbs. ?
Did you tune it when you put the sleeve on with the 2.85 ?
No didnt tune it I run 93 octane...it was already tuned when I done the 2.85 upper but being the incognito didnt raise boost but 2lbs. it should be ok

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
And you will need a buddy to help lift off & put back on the S/C, to do spacers.
lol... yeah I already have couple folks in mind

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
No didnt tune it I run 93 octane...it was already tuned when I done the 2.85 upper but being the incognito didnt raise boost but 2lbs. it should be ok
Hey man, I not telling you what to do but, with 17 lbs. on 93 is a lot, I suggest you get it tuned for the extra 2 lbs., & run some Boostane or equivalent to keep the STK down if need be.
Especially if your racing it & I assume your at or close to sea level, where it's gonna make more power.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
yeah I was already thinking about running torco which I can close to me

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
17lbs on 93 is not something most tuners would do much anymore...if so...they'd go conservative and tell you not to abuse it too hard. All it takes is one tank of bad gas.

I had a 2.85 and then a 2.79 I ran on flex and when I went Jokerz Blower that 2.79 made almost 17.5psi with cat deletes. We backed it down to a 2.95 and made roughly 14.5 which gave me the same power as previous on 93 with a bit more margin. I could probably drop back to the 2.85 but the car is so ignorant as-is.

I have a 2.50 on an E85 kill tune (previously 19.5psi) for when I wanna get really rowdy.

Definitely consider narrowing your choice of 93 and definitely run a booster if you choose to get a little spicy but don't run it all the time. It does foul stuff up.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I just got a tune this week on my RE with the largest, most conservative Hellraiser pulley they make (3.17). With the larger 2.7 blower that puts me at I guess @16 l.bs of boost and even at that level they were adamant about ONLY running 93 and said if your gonna track it for a day or get rowdy put a few gallons of race gas in it. So yes at 17 l.bs and a smaller blower your gonna be making more heat, so heed the advice of others about additives and a tune.

Last edited:
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
let ask you guys this what about just putting maybe running some e-85 along with 93.....instead of any booster

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Absolutely not. Unless you are specifically tuned for it.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
I just got a tune this week on my RE with the largest, most conservative Hellraiser pulley they make (3.17). With the larger 2.7 blower that puts me at I guess @16 l.bs of boost and even at that level they were adamant about ONLY running 93 and said if your gonna track it for a day or get rowdy put a few gallons of race gas in it. So yes at 17 l.bs and a smaller blower your gonna be making more heat, so heed the advice of others about additives and a tune.
yeah thats the main reason I have the spacer's and blanket on order to try and cut down as much as I can.....the methanol kit I have if I was to install it it would help but finding someone local to tune is trying find a chicken with teeth