Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Finally Track Back Open - Houston - 5/1/20

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Houston Motorsports Park (HMP) the 1/8th mile track finally opened back up from a little over 2 months of being shut down. It was packed with people & cars. It was awesome to smell & hear the drag strip again & get out of the house a little.
I went back to stock wheels & tires up front & didn't pull any weight out of the car so it was 100 + pounds heavier than past passes or PB's. With me in it about 4600 lbs.
DA wasn't terrible but not great either , started at +1531 & went to +1294 , best pass 6.56 @ 108.77
On the last pass it spun the tire some or it would have been a better ET.
IMG_0583.JPG

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Glad to read of people hitting the track again. Some around here opened and some haven't, kinda odd.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Glad to read of people hitting the track again. Some around here opened and some haven't, kinda odd.
Hey @Speedy! , I guess by mid May or first of June , most of the tracks will be open & hopefully everything else too ?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Houston Motorsports Park (HMP) the 1/8th mile track finally opened back up from a little over 2 months of being shut down. It was packed with people & cars. It was awesome to smell & hear the drag strip again & get out of the house a little.
I went back to stock wheels & tires up front & didn't pull any weight out of the car so it was 100 + pounds heavier than past passes or PB's. With me in it about 4600 lbs.
DA wasn't terrible but not great either , started at +1531 & went to +1294 , best pass 6.56 @ 108.77
View attachment 16975
Oh sure!! The people that have been able to go to the track most of the time I was parked due to winter get to open. FML😪
I'm really happy for you but starting to lose my 💩 here.
Nice runs Robert.👍

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Oh sure!! The people that have been able to go to the track most of the time I was parked due to winter get to open. FML😪
I'm really happy for you but starting to lose my 💩 here.
Nice runs Robert.👍
Thanks @moparjim , I'm sure it's tuff to go as long as you have with not racing, hang in there , it's gonna be soon for ya.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
View attachment 16975
Glad to see you could make some hits. That is one of the most interesting tracks I have ever gone to. I am glad I made the effort to go there last fall.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
Glad to see you could make some hits. That is one of the most interesting tracks I have ever gone to. I am glad I made the effort to go there last fall.
You are right about HMP track , very different & with the circle track right there that you have to drive around on the return road. The first time I went I was like where in the hell am I going on this return road ? LOL.
Then you have about 50 people standing around the starting line , kinda nerve racking if something was to happen. But its a track that was open so thankful for that !

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
You are right about HMP track , very different & with the circle track right there that you have to drive around on the return road. The first time I went I was like where in the hell am I going on this return road ? LOL.
Then you have about 50 people standing around the starting line , kinda nerve racking if something was to happen. But its a track that was open so thankful for that !
Yes I did ! I asked them and they let me drive the Demon around the Oval Track to warm it up. SO COOL. Also all the folks all around the starting line area so interesting. I had to "Part the Sea of People" just to get in there to do my burnout. And the scary fast outlaw cars and the side betting and groups negotiating races etc......The guys that pitted on one side of me had an $100K super bitchen outlaw car on a $300 trailer. Gulp. On the other side they had a big group and broke out the BBQ, smelled SO GOOD. I was hoping they would invite me to eat with them.

1006191844a_HDR.jpg

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Yes I did ! I asked them and they let me drive the Demon around the Oval Track to warm it up. SO COOL. Also all the folks all around the starting line area so interesting. I had to "Part the Sea of People" just to get in there to do my burnout. And the scary fast outlaw cars and the side betting and groups negotiating races etc......The guys that pitted on one side of me had an $100K super bitchen outlaw car on a $300 trailer. Gulp. On the other side they had a big group and broke out the BBQ, smelled SO GOOD. I was hoping they would invite me to eat with them.

View attachment 17124
Yep , that's it , literally sometimes almost have to run over people to get to burn out box. Like you said BBQ pits , bets & a lot of shit talking. Crazy little place but has good track prep especially on Sundays when its DR & slicks only.
The one thing i don't like is its a very narrow track , unlike HRP that is wide a roomy.

Last edited: