Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ford F-150 Lightning Name Will Return for Electric Pickup

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
It is kind of appropriate.
Who get the first personalized license plate
" 1.21JW" lol

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 TorRed Challenger RedEye
I miss my 2nd gen Lightning. Year 2000. 8C0180D0-C1D3-4DD0-975B-1F191448128A.jpeg 0E2677D8-E91D-436D-B7F8-7592ABE790D8.jpeg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Fast and Furious Edition. :p
I always liked those trucks.
And yes, the name will be quite fitting for the Hoover powered versions.
😂 Well lightning and electricity do kinda go together😁

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
The Watt, Kilowatt, Megawatt and Gigawatt will be new go to reference for the source of power in your vehicles 😁

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The Watt, Kilowatt, Megawatt and Gigawatt will be new go to reference for the source of power in your vehicles 😁
And guys w manbuns holding a strawberry flavored vape will be saying those words. (insert smacking forehead emoji here.. lol)

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Chevy will be coming out with an electric truck soon as well, called The Electrical Fire.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I loved my 2000 Ford Lightning!
John always loved Superchargers!
John had taken our little nosy ba&tard employee home. As John stopped in the store the guy looked through paperwork🙄
Ha he says to John " You let Linda own this"
John said absolutely! We always had that kind of relationship.
I still have to deal with this guy today! Ugghh.
But I'll tell you the interior of the Lightening had Italian leather it was so comfortable.
We traded in a Ford Diesel Dually that sounded like a Freight train.
Kate was just little 5years old when driving home she looks up and say Wow this is so smooth. Then I floor it of she giggles and keeps asking if I could do that thing! The beginning of her love of speed. Seriuosly though she drives like her Dad;)
And hey my 1st time racing was at a Johnny lightening race. I beat them stock but they all loved my Hellcat. It was posted up on Yellow Bullet Forum.
If I were to pick an Electric Vehicle I think I would pick a Lightening!

Linda :)

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Chevy will be coming out with an electric truck soon as well, called The Electrical Fire.
Yeh my brother had one of those no lie and what a disaster the dealership fought tooth amd nail trying to say my brothers fault.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Loved this truck. Sacrificed truck-ness for speed, unlike today's I'm a truck-truck with added power. If it's a bad-ass street speed machine, I'm probably in.

Over the fence doh.gif

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Yeh my brother had one of those no lie and what a disaster the dealership fought tooth amd nail trying to say my brothers fault.
I owned 1 Chevy pickup in my life, never again. It seemed to always be broken down. Then nearly burnt my house down when it caught fire, parked, in the carport. My neighbor saw it, called the fire department, ran over and used my hose i left laying on the lawn to save most of my house. The carport was gone, end wall was burnt to a crisp, lots of smoke and water damage though.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Jesus christ... that's F-ed

look into my eye.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
John had taken our little nosy ba&tard employee home. As John stopped in the store the guy looked through paperwork🙄
But I'll tell you the interior of the Lightening had Italian leather it was so comfortable.
Kate was just little 5years old when driving home she looks up and say Wow this is so smooth. Then I floor it of she giggles and keeps asking if I could do that thing! The beginning of her love of speed. Seriuosly though she drives like her Dad;)
And hey my 1st time racing was at a Johnny lightening race. I beat them stock but they all loved my Hellcat. It was posted up on Yellow Bullet Forum.

Does not surprise me in the slightest that you had one of these. Good on you girl.

Holden 360 in race.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Loved this truck. Sacrificed truck-ness for speed, unlike today's I'm a truck-truck with added power. If it's a bad-ass street speed machine, I'm probably in.

View attachment 43062
To clear up any metaphorical challenges, that gif is suspecting it'll look really good and then be a complete cluster F

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

Linda, Johnny Lightning set up my Diablo Sport Chip. Remember those? Johnny is a real nice guy and good to work with!

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@RedEye19FL I've seen about that but no experience. Our Kids were young 5 of them.
John called having kids the "Dead Zone"
He loved his Cars and always went for the what he thought was Best. He just brought me along for the ride. It's funny how he would gift me these vehicles but while in it with me he'd say slow down. Lol.
No Warranty breaking back then. Kids were into sports and John was the good guy. He coached his kids in baseball and soccer. Were on their sidelines for other sports. Always helping out.

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
@RedEye19FL I've seen about that but no experience. Our Kids were young 5 of them.
John called having kids the "Dead Zone"
He loved his Cars and always went for the what he thought was Best. He just brought me along for the ride. It's funny how he would gift me these vehicles but while in it with me he'd say slow down. Lol.
No Warranty breaking back then. Kids were into sports and John was the good guy. He coached his kids in baseball and soccer. Were on their sidelines for other sports. Always helping out.

Linda, I'm so sorry John is no longer with us. Sounded like a great guy!! Sorry for your loss.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Linda, I'm so sorry John is no longer with us. Sounded like a great guy!! Sorry for your loss.
Thank you for the kind words! I miss John everyday but I'm in a good place now and when I need help I ask him questions and I think what would he say. An answer always comes.
I've recently been sick with Covid. My Dr said after the monoclonal antibodies try to stick it out. With that John words came to mind "Lyn you fight and then when you give in, it takes alot to get you better" With that I thought God people die in 3 days. My daughter came and picked me up and took me to the hospital.
I got a few days of Remdesivir what a difference. I'm weak now but recovered. I go to the Drs on Wednesday we will see.
So I hope you don't mind my stories they warm my heart and allow me to go forward.
I am always happy that John got to do everything he worked for and enjoy his Kids and Cars. Doing it his way!

RedEye19FL

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradenton
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thank you for the kind words! I miss John everyday but I'm in a good place now and when I need help I ask him questions and I think what would he say. An answer always comes.
I've recently been sick with Covid. My Dr said after the monoclonal antibodies try to stick it out. With that John words came to mind "Lyn you fight and then when you give in, it takes alot to get you better" With that I thought God people die in 3 days. My daughter came and picked me up and took me to the hospital.
I got a few days of Remdesivir what a difference. I'm weak now but recovered. I go to the Drs on Wednesday we will see.
So I hope you don't mind my stories they warm my heart and allow me to go forward.
I am always happy that John got to do everything he worked for and enjoy his Kids and Cars. Doing it his way!

Linda, your stories warm MY heart! Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad you are on the mend from this awful virus!!