Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Found bubbles in my car, is it worth taking it in?

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
I found a small bubble that has popped on the left widebody fender. The bubble is very tiny. The third photo is on the body itself, where the windshield connects with the passenger window. I'm not sure if its a bubble or part of the car. I'm already taking the car in to replace a cracked bumper. This car is starting to be a pain in the rear with so much issues from Dodge already, and its not even mechanical. Should I just leave it alone and forget about it or is there a concern for damage down the road?

I wasn't planning on but should I just get ceramic coated and paint corrected?

Attachments

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Depends on how much it bothers you. If you feel it is an eye sore then by all means

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #3
Depends on how much it bothers you. If you feel it is an eye sore then by all means
at this point I just wanna keep my car out the shop. Are bubbles specifically for aesthetic correction or can it lead to rust down the road?

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
You live in a area ware no salt is on the roads. I would not worry about it.If anything just have them document the issue and let it be.My 15 Scat Pack had one like that at the bottom of the door.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
at this point I just wanna keep my car out the shop. Are bubbles specifically for aesthetic correction or can it lead to rust down the road?
My passenger side front fender alignment is terrible. My tech said they could send to their body shop (under warranty) to fix. Not worth the anxiety for me to leave it for people to drive it God knows where and maybe do more damage trying to fix it. Not sweating the little stuff personally.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I found a small bubble that has popped on the left widebody fender. The bubble is very tiny. The third photo is on the body itself, where the windshield connects with the passenger window. I'm not sure if its a bubble or part of the car. I'm already taking the car in to replace a cracked bumper. This car is starting to be a pain in the rear with so much issues from Dodge already, and its not even mechanical. Should I just leave it alone and forget about it or is there a concern for damage down the road?

I wasn't planning on but should I just get ceramic coated and paint corrected?
How big is that? Can you pull back for scale?

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #7
How big is that? Can you pull back for scale?
If i were to pull it back you wouldn't be able to see it. The tiny black area you see in the picture is about the size of a pin head if that helps. I'm thinking a tiny dab with my touchup paint pen would do it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Roger that. If it was me, such a small imperfection versus letting the dealership at my car, I would have to chose leaving it the way it is. But that is just me. Each must make their own value judgment.