Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Front Camera.

Trader history for Diboblo (1)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Awesome idea, but honestly if I’ve got to manually flick a switch to view I’d just as well back in, which I do all the time anyway.
Exactly what parameters did you want met to activate the front camera on your screen vs having your normal screen? Your reverse camera requires the switch into reverse… what did you want to activate the front cam?

On my Ford F-150 I installed a front cam that could either be activated by a soft button on my screen, or “turned on” but only activated below 15mph - which implied that I was in a parking or crawling scenario. This required me to purchase a $400 black box, a front camera (not a back camera), and wire harness. Not a cheap solution.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
You could also just switch the reverse input to regular use or manual override by a double pole switch that would supply signal voltage(or ground) to the input that also switches camera to front input. Much more cost effective,($10 + time to wire it in).

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Exactly what parameters did you want met to activate the front camera on your screen vs having your normal screen? Your reverse camera requires the switch into reverse… what did you want to activate the front cam?

On my Ford F-150 I installed a front cam that could either be activated by a soft button on my screen, or “turned on” but only activated below 15mph - which implied that I was in a parking or crawling scenario. This required me to purchase a $400 black box, a front camera (not a back camera), and wire harness. Not a cheap solution.
In my other car, the screen switches to the front camera once my parking sensors activate to let me know I’m getting close to something.

Pretty cool, not sure if newer Hellcats have front sensors at all and might also be a huge PITA. Just one way it’s done from an OEM.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
@Jack_Toepfer a proximity sensor as described by Aero16 above would be the hot set up. As I mentioned before though I always back in due to the low front end so the issue is moot really.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Jack_Toepfer a proximity sensor as described by Aero16 above would be the hot set up. As I mentioned before though I always back in due to the low front end so the issue is moot really.
Backing in is the only way, I agree 100%.