Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Had a blood cessels burst in my eye last night

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Never had anything like that happen even w all the head trauma I've had. Looked f-ing awful and ached, dully. Hopefully will.go away on own bc my docs and the ER here are all swamped.

I think I rubbed eyes pretty roughly - low on sleep, high on stress, and tired as hell (and wife made garlic bread and lasagna last night) - but not more roughly than in the past and it just filled w fresh bright where's the celox blood. Just what I needed.

Any of you guys had anything like that? Even when I used to raise hell never had blood inside the whites of the eye.

And working tomorrow too.

Last edited:

HWDan

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
I had something similar happen not that long ago. Fell asleep on the couch got up to go to the bathroom and as I was washing my hands, saw the whites on one eye was pure bright blood-filled red.

No idea how, no pain or vision difference. eventually cleared on it's own in a few days.

Last edited:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
That’s usually a torn retina, I have had 2 happen to me and its very important to make sure the tear doesn’t actually ”detach“.
I am guessing this is what your saying?

jroyk

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I get those when I air up my tires by mouth.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #5
That’s usually a torn retina, I have had 2 happen to me and its very important to make sure the tear doesn’t actually ”detach“.
I am guessing this is what your saying?
Son of a bitch. Need to get it.looked at then.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Son of a bitch. Need to get it.looked at then.
Usually you have a cloud and loose vision like a curtain is over your eye. I would not say for sure you have a torn retina just so you know. But don’t take it lightly have it looked at sooner than later.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Hope everything is ok @Magnified.

Did your wife recently buy more life insurance on you lately ? :LOL:

Last edited:

1971demon

8000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

jroyk

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

1971demon

8000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

jroyk

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle

Nvrenuf

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cookeville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’ve busted a ton over the years lifting weights (along with nosebleeds). But I’ve never lost any vision. My ex wife was in the eye business and I can tell you if it is time is of the essence if you want to keep your vision.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #13
Hope everything is ok @Magnified.

Did you wife recently buy more life insurance on you lately ? :LOL:
No, for years ever since I started rolling down hill like a junk used car I piled that on. Not letting her and the kids take a hit when I go. Hopefully set them up.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #14
Also it's the white of the eye so I'm pretty sure not retina. I am already scheduled for a may visit w my super wiz bang eye doc in houston. Will see her then. If anything else happens before will hit my local back up. She thinks I dont need her bc I had a scintillating scotoma once and called her and said that's what it was. We had a laugh and some discussion over the phone to make sure she felt it was not a serious cause, and next I saw her we confirmed (but still saw back up).

Peace

1971demon

8000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Also it's the white of the eye so I'm pretty sure not retina. I am already scheduled for a may visit w my super wiz bang eye doc in houston. Will see her then. If anything else happens before will hit my local back up. She thinks I dont need her bc I had a scintillating scotoma once and called her and said that's what it was. We had a laugh and some discussion over the phone to make sure she felt it was not a serious cause, and next I saw her we confirmed (but still saw back up).

Peace
Yikes...you do run the gambit on medical dilemmas....God man...have you ever felt good for more than 20 minutes???....and the prolonged elevated stress levels...(but you know all this)...your right up there with meth lab workers....:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

Bowtie Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Never had anything like that happen even w all the head trauma I've had. Looked f-ing awful and ached, dully. Hopefully will.go away on own bc my docs and the ER here are all swamped.

I think I rubbed eyes pretty roughly - low on sleep, high on stress, and tired as hell (and wife made garlic bread and lasagna last night) - but not more roughly than in the past and it just filled w fresh bright where's the celox blood. Just what I needed.

Any of you guys had anything like that? Even when I used to raise hell never had blood inside the whites of the eye.

And working tomorrow too.
Come clean man

1642246829304.png

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #17
Yikes...you do run the gambit on medical dilemmas....God man...have you ever felt good for more than 20 minutes???....and the prolonged elevated stress levels...(but you know all this)...your right up there with meth lab workers....:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
Lol, when I was young felt magnificent. But lived hard. Guess I am paying for it now. Though some of it, like the bicuspid valve is just genetics. And all the hardware in my leg was not my fault. Lol please do not think this is a feel sorry for me thread. That's not what I am about.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Lol, when I was young felt magnificent. But lived hard. Guess I am paying for it now. Though some of it, like the bicuspid valve is just genetics. And all the hardware in my leg was not my fault. Lol please do not think this is a feel sorry for me thread. That's not what I am about.
I just hope you get to feeling better, Mag. 2022 is gonna another rough year for all of us, I’m thinking. Hopefully it’s the last rough year for awhile.

1971demon

8000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hell ...I get that...but WTF...you've had your share...and then some...;)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

7000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Thread Starter #20
That's what I keep telling god. Visit some of this stuff on others. Spread the largesse

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Markp Off Topic Chat 20