Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Header install

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Wondering if anyone has installed the TSP headers? If so roughly how long of a job is it? Any pointers?
I think I’m going to “take off” Friday and work on my personal car.
Want to either install the nitrous kit, or the headers.
I do headers on the 6.4 cars fairly often and know one of the tsp header primaries makes it almost impossible to use a socket.
Im worried the valve cover baffles might be an issue using a wrench on the hellcat.
If I can’t get it done in 5-6hrs on a lift I might just hold off on the header install.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Wondering if anyone has installed the TSP headers? If so roughly how long of a job is it? Any pointers?
I think I’m going to “take off” Friday and work on my personal car.
Want to either install the nitrous kit, or the headers.
I do headers on the 6.4 cars fairly often and know one of the tsp header primaries makes it almost impossible to use a socket.
Im worried the valve cover baffles might be an issue using a wrench on the hellcat.
If I can’t get it done in 5-6hrs on a lift I might just hold off on the header install.
I have done headers on a Daytona. I don't see how the Hellcat should be much different. I did the front ones on the top but the rest were from below. With you having a lift I'm sure it will be even easier then doing it on your back like I did.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I know you can get into the 8's with the stock exhaust so not so sure it will be on my list

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I dropped the engine/trans out the bottom to do headers . I did it one on jack stands and it was not fun .

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I dropped the engine/trans out the bottom to do headers . I did it one on jack stands and it was not fun .
Why? When installing the headers on my daytona I removed the motor mounts and other things trying to make it easier but it took 7 hours with 2 of us. When I took the headers off I didn't take the mounts out and had the headers off and 1 manifold back on in less then 2 hours by myself. Taking the mounts off helps a lot on a newer mustang but the mounts on the dodges are just a pain so better to leave them on. I think the starter is on the other side but neither then that shouldn't be much different

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The valve covers on the hellcat are not doing us any favors up top for room. I just found it way easier to get at all the bolts on the headers with the engine lowered from the body.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Being I haven't done it on a Hellcat it could be different but the valve covers wouldn't matter if doing it from the bottom. I may never know:geek:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Being I haven't done it on a Hellcat it could be different but the valve covers wouldn't matter if doing it from the bottom. I may never know:geek:
Some of the bolts I did from the top . I guess different headers require different install technics.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Thread Starter #9
On non hellcat cars, I drop the K member as far as I can without removing the bolts, the bottom bolts are all easy as well as most of the top bolts.

On the hellcats I dont think I can fit my hands between the baffled valve covers and the side "frame rail" also on the TSP headers one of the primaries runs above the others to the rear and getting a bolt in that hole from the bottom I imagine would be just barely shy of impossible.

Main reason for wanting to do the headers now is due to the nitrous