Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat camber issue

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If most of you are like me you have a rear wheel camber out of tolerance on your Challenger.

I first encountered this problem on my 2008 SRT Challenger and the problem was there when I sold the car after 11 years.

I ran into the same issue with my 2015 Hellcat and 2019 Redeye.

The past several months I’ve been working with the new suspension technician at my dealership. Vince has been working on Mopar’s for 45 years. He did some research and found Mopar parts that we hoped would correct the camber issue. I didn’t want to say anything until we got the parts installed and verified with a four wheel alignment check. We completed that today and my out of tolerance rear wheel camber is now a thing of the past. Below are the parts if you interested. I got mine from Steve White Auto Parts.
78F2A934-5CFD-4E9C-A6B8-B1CFD31142B0.jpeg

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Can you tell by just looking or do you need to put it on the rack? Just by looking mine looks fine.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
If most of you are like me you have a rear wheel camber out of tolerance on your Challenger.

I first encountered this problem on my 2008 SRT Challenger and the problem was there when I sold the car after 11 years.

The past several months I’ve been working with the new suspension technician at my dealership. Vince has been working on Mopar’s for 45 years. He did some research and found Mopar parts that we hoped would correct the camber issue. I didn’t want to say anything until we got the parts installed and verified with a four wheel alignment check. We completed that today and my out of tolerance rear wheel camber is now a thing of the past. Below are the parts if you interested. I got mine from Steve White Auto Parts.
View attachment 37005
What's different with those camber link assemblies? Those part numbers come back to what fit's our Hellcats..

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
AAD drag pack and be done.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Can you tell by just looking or do you need to put it on the rack? Just by looking mine looks fine.
No you can not. Put it on the machine and you will see.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
After installing the Eibach Pro Springs on my Cat, my camber it's slightly out Dodge specs.

So ok what are the issues.?
Tire wear = no problem.
Alignment = no problem.
Vibration = no problem.

Car is smooth as silk in a straight line.

Only problem is I'm in the Red instead of the Green on a Dodge print out. :rolleyes:
20k miles later...no problems. at all...

Camber is not a huge issue in my book unless you are way out of spec. And honestly my cornering through the Blue Ridge Mountains is much better with negative camber. :)

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
What's different with those camber link assemblies? Those part numbers come back to what fit's our Hellcats..
They add plus 1 degree of camber.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
They add plus 1 degree of camber.
Ok when I plug in my 2018 Hellcat for a replacement camber link on the Dodge parts finder it comes back with those part numbers you posted. I assume that means those part numbers are what's on my car stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Ok when I plug in my 2018 Hellcat for a replacement camber link on the Dodge parts finder it comes back with those part numbers you posted. I assume that means those part numbers are what's on my car stock.

They are not, trust me. The PN provided is a maintenance (camber) correction PN.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
They are not, trust me. The PN provided is a maintenance (camber) correction PN.
Your right and I stand corrected.
"Repair Link Plus 1mm"

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

View attachment 37005
Nice thanks for the info!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
If you change the length of the camber link wouldn't you need to change the upper control arm( front arm) the same length??

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I would also wonder how we know 1mm is the right amount. Back when I did the Eibach springs on Orange Krush, the camber was a bit out of spec. The solution back then was offset camber bushings. They used to be pricey but I think they're cheaper now. I have a set on the shelf I never installed if anyone needs some, I can check the P/N. The boxes say Eibach, but I think they're Moog parts?

Honestly if you're bone stock and out of spec, I'd make it Dodge's problem to resolve.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
I would also wonder how we know 1mm is the right amount. Back when I did the Eibach springs on Orange Krush, the camber was a bit out of spec. The solution back then was offset camber bushings. They used to be pricey but I think they're cheaper now. I have a set on the shelf I never installed if anyone needs some, I can check the P/N. The boxes say Eibach, but I think they're Moog parts?

Honestly if you're bone stock and out of spec, I'd make it Dodge's problem to resolve.
You know the answer. It’s called engineering. Yes my numbers with new arms are almost identical to yours after alignment and for hundreds of dollars less. :)

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
If you change the length of the camber link wouldn't you need to change the upper control arm( front arm) the same length??

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
No you do not.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not trying to insult the solution. If someone has a stock car, has a camber issue, and wants to remain stock it makes sense I reckon. I'd make Dodge cover it if it's out of spec and can't be corrected though and hope the 1mm adjustment works for every case since it's set and not adjustable.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Speedy has much different bushings on those arms now. Yes, the static camber and toe are set, and match. So do mine. But, with the more stiff bushings etc, Speedy and others like me really like how those static settings are maintained under the stress. In his case many maximum straight line acceleration passes, timed critically to the tenth of a second. In my case under maximum lateral acceleration along with maximum acceleration only not from a stop, again those settings need to hold. The squishy OE bushings flex and allow those desired angles to change. Not good. I guess I won’t comment on the axial strength of any of those arms. Many times I have wondered if a guy could save about $500 and just change all the bushings. But then the cost of labor, looks, convenience, maybe I want to “tweak it” myself all factor in. Plus, I’ll take the arms with those Spheriflex Bushings in all the places he can put them.