Welcome to the #1 SRT Forum and SRT community dedicated to SRT owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat driving season officially over!

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well at least for me. Got a foot last night wher I live in Mass. More expected tonight. Too much too soon. This crap sucks. My job was cancelled today. Heading out to clean it all up now. Shoveling off the deck is the worst part. And of course I doubled the size of my driveway this year. Now I pay for it.
CF16C072-493C-4C37-96F0-1DE534965F55.jpeg

DGatzby

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Saving so much on gas and other things while they are parked all this season just makes me spend more on parts to modify it. Shit, just ordered four more tires this morning, just because I want more, and more rubber to burn up in my hybrid.

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Saving so much on gas and other things while they are parked all this season just makes me spend more on parts to modify it. Shit, just ordered four more tires this morning, just because I want more, and more rubber to burn up in my hybrid.
Winter is certainly a good time to work on the cars. I just clean like crazy. I spend my money on gas for the blower!

OLDBAYCRAB

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Well at least for me. Got a foot last night wher I live in Mass. More expected tonight. Too much too soon. This crap sucks. My job was cancelled today. Heading out to clean it all up now. Shoveling off the deck is the worst part. And of course I doubled the size of my driveway this year. Now I pay for it.
View attachment 7754
holy shit.gif

Please keep that sh-t up north... BRRRRRRRRRRRR..........

OP
Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
View attachment 7755

Please keep that sh-t up north... BRRRRRRRRRRRR..........
My Brother in law in Maryland wants the snow down there. He is on some kind of ski patrol or such nonsense. I keep telling him he needs to move back up here but his wife is having none of that. 😎

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
I was in the UP of Michigan for thanksgiving and they got 18 inches Wednesday and another 10 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBAYCRAB

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
My Brother in law in Maryland wants the snow down there. He is on some kind of ski patrol or such nonsense. I keep telling him he needs to move back up here but his wife is having none of that. 😎
I like the appearance of snow and how it just makes me feel in the winter. Magical stuff. It's the cleanup that I hate and I have a very good snowblower now to save me from a heart attack.

After years of doing all of the snow removal mostly by hand, I finally picked up the snowblower the year we had three blizzards down here. Thank GOD!!! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Tell your brother to join the Baltimore Ski Club, if he likes the snow that much. Been there, Done that, when I was much younger.

72 440 Barracuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I like it - at least until I have to go to work... a leftover from those days of school being closed due to weather.
That is until we moved to North Dakota - I don't think they close schools there for weather - at least they didnt when I was there in the late 70's.

MikeD1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hells bells - the season is just getting started here !! Temps finally in the 70's, humidity no longer 100%, bugs hits are minimal - YEEE HAWWWW - time to get me some !! [woot] [driving]

Member ID
Reactions
City
St Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 HellCat Charger
I did a job up in Detroit(Royal Oak) in summer of 2009 and made contact with lots of Gearheads and the most depressing thing they said was the storing of their hot rods around Sept to May.

Just couldn't do THAT. No way could I live in a place where the toys go into hibernation for 6mo.

DGatzby

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
It was gone after the third week of October here. We shall see, sometimes you get lucky in March, but by April we are generally good to go. Yep. That is close to half the year. That is why I am thinking the trailer needs to come out and work this winter to meet some of you southern types.

OP
Jungle Cat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #12
Hells bells - the season is just getting started here !! Temps finally in the 70's, humidity no longer 100%, bugs hits are minimal - YEEE HAWWWW - time to get me some !! [woot][driving]
Oh man you just suck!💩

OP
Jungle Cat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I did a job up in Detroit(Royal Oak) in summer of 2009 and made contact with lots of Gearheads and the most depressing thing they said was the storing of their hot rods around Sept to May.

Just couldn't do THAT. No way could I live in a place where the toys go into hibernation for 6mo.
September would be real early for Detroit. Usually good until November before they salt.

OP
Jungle Cat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
We are up to 20” and still snowing today. Might even have to get the snow shoes out and take a jaunt through the woods. See if the coyotes chase me.

moparjim

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine has been parked since the last track visit on Nov.3rd. Depression is setting in but like you I'm buying stuff. I am waiting for a pr of drag radials to show up today. I should be good for most of the next season now as this will make 2 new pairs waiting for next year.

Jack_Toepfer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
$400 on snow tires
$140 on recovery hardware
$40 on sand bags
... heated steering wheel, heated seats, 700hp donuts bouncing off of the limiter in a blizzard... priceless.

DGatzby

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mine has been parked since the last track visit on Nov.3rd. Depression is setting in but like you I'm buying stuff. I am waiting for a pr of drag radials to show up today. I should be good for most of the next season now as this will make 2 new pairs waiting for next year.
You say the same thing that I have justified myself to my "budget director". I may not need any more rubber or brake pads for next season;) I have the crappy (IMO) Toyo's for a day or two, then the brand new stuff gets put on. It will be definitely fun to exchange wheels/tires the same day at a track and see what differences happen from 11"/305/35 to 12"/325/30's.

moparjim

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
. It will be definitely fun to exchange wheels/tires the same day at a track and see what differences happen from 11"/305/35 to 12"/325/30's.
That should be interesting. Looking forward to a same day comparison.

I had to jump on the tires as they were on sale at summit plus $25 off for cyber monday and I had 60 Summit bucks slowly getting to expiration. From my last extra pair. LOL
I also will get another 50 Summit bucks for a future pr. 😉
When I told the financial director what they cost up here in comparison she was good with it.

DGatzby

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
That should be interesting. Looking forward to a same day comparison.

I had to jump on the tires as they were on sale at summit plus $25 off for cyber monday and I had 60 Summit bucks slowly getting to expiration. From my last extra pair. LOL
I also will get another 50 Summit bucks for a future pr. 😉
When I told the financial director what they cost up here in comparison she was good with it.
Yep, Discount Tire Direct gave me nearly $300 back yesterday on four tires that cost $2k. Had to do it. Last week, got a smoking deal from a vendor on some of my suspension equipment that was really unbelievable also IMO. I am nearly done except to pay once to have it all put on. I will let others screw with that rear cradle, I know what is involved removing those worthless OEM bushings. Then they can install all new control arms etc for me;)(y)

moparjim

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, Discount Tire Direct gave me nearly $300 back yesterday on four tires that cost $2k. Had to do it. Last week, got a smoking deal from a vendor on some of my suspension equipment that was really unbelievable also IMO. I am nearly done except to pay once to have it all put on. I will let others screw with that rear cradle, I know what is involved removing those worthless OEM bushings. Then they can install all new control arms etc for me;)(y)
Oh that sounds promising. LOL
I have to install a cradle lockout kit. I'm starting to question the originals after possibly more than a 1000 passes.
Oh well I have about 5 months to get it done.