Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat totalled. What should be next?

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
Being as you have a wife and a son that lets out the Vette, unless, that is why you are thinking about one.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hearing these stories and seeing pictures like this break my heart.
Thank God you and your son are ok, for without life and health the rest is trivial.

I have to wonder though, how would you both have faired in another vehicle?
You see, the Hellcat is a beast! And although she catches a lot of flack because of her size and weight, I personally feel this is just another huge benefit.

I understand contemplating another choice, and reaching out here was a smart idea.
However, I do feel deep down you already know in your heart the answer.

Without taking anyone's feelings into consideration but your own, you know the only answer for replacement is the Non widebody M6 Hellcat.
Flares belong on a truck, and well if your going to take a step back and go A8 you might as well go the distance and get a Tesla.

Sadly sometimes these things just can't be avoided due to the beyond insane amount of idiot moronic loser drivers on the road.
However making the proper and smart choice for replacement relies solely in your hands.
Yikes...you sound like Reverend Ike...But I'm holdin hands with you on the M6...Its the things men are made of...A8's...one click away from video games...;););)

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
New Wide body Charger Redeye👍

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Yikes...you sound like Reverend Ike...But I'm holdin hands with you on the M6...Its the things men are made of...A8's...one click away from video games...;););)
It's one bad ass video game!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
The paddle shifters are awesome though. The stick shift cars don’t bark the shifts off like the A8. I listened to a M6 around the road course and instead of a nice Barked shift you just get a guy stepping on the clutch to change a gear. When you want to go fast and slow down fast M6 is a bit of a hassle in a 700hp car. You have to upshift on hard acceleration in like 8 seconds 3 gears.. okay now downshift all three in sync.. okay take the corner on throttle upshift, upshift.. now downshift.. on throttle.. upshift.. decelerate downshift.. on throttle upshift, upshift.. corner downshift.. on throttle upshift.. get my point? And do perfect clutch footing easing the gear in and out every time.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
The paddle shifters are awesome though. The stick shift cars don’t bark the shifts off like the A8. I listened to a M6 around the road course and instead of a nice Barked shift you just get a guy stepping on the clutch to change a gear. When you want to go fast and slow down fast M6 is a bit of a hassle in a 700hp car. You have to upshift on hard acceleration in like 8 seconds 3 gears.. okay now downshift all three in sync.. okay take the corner on throttle upshift, upshift.. now downshift.. on throttle.. upshift.. decelerate downshift.. on throttle upshift, upshift.. corner downshift.. on throttle upshift.. get my point? And do perfect clutch footing easing the gear in and out every time.
You write this like all that those of us with the M6 do is road race our cars. This is simply not true. While I would love to race mine, it is far too expensive for my personal situation. So, I enjoy rowing through the gears on the mean streets of Memphis. And, I LOVE it.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
I'd go with another HC, but the DSRTs are really, really nice
So, uh... About that other Hellcat and the DSRTs... Lol

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You write this like all that those of us with the M6 do is road race our cars. This is simply not true. While I would love to race mine, it is far too expensive for my personal situation. So, I enjoy rowing through the gears on the mean streets of Memphis. And, I LOVE it.
I did my share of track days in the 70's..now I'm just a 67yr old street hooligan on the streets of WNY...with an M6...look out..old man commin through..:devilish::devilish:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Another Hellcat. Why settle for 2nd best?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So, uh... About that other Hellcat and the DSRTs... Lol
That’s what we have and couldn’t be happier. The hc is an m6 btw😝

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
That’s what we have and couldn’t be happier. The hc is an m6 btw😝
I hope to get a new Challenger here soon. Looking at maybe a Scat Widebody.