Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hmm even I am surprised damn now I’ll have to find out on my own lol....GT500 roll race beats the RE!

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Yeah i usually am in the .8 - .99 G range in the corner. Once you get to 1g and over it’s questionable on the street if your going to do some skid/sliding.. my max in about 1.05 and 1.08 on the sides
It depends.LOL 001.JPG

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That braking number on the charger was from when I took it to New Jersey motorsports park once. Not a fan of braking hard unless I have to.. the next day I felt like a train hit me after doing like 3 sessions on the road course. Beats you up pretty good in the big car without a proper harness

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@ChargerChallenger there is not a real difference in 2.62 vs 3.09. They may feel different but they run exactly the same. @Frenchcat and I both ran side by side same 60 same 1/8 same 1/4 same mph.
The difference was like 3 or 4 thousandths. We were looking at each other laughing the whole way down the track. It was the most amazing race ever.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So did this race happen?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
So did this race happen?
If the Redeye looses I am blaming the driver:p:D

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ll tell you what though Redeye 309 stock vs Charger hellcat 262 stock.. that Redeye just in auto street setting pulls on the charger in track trans

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m talking down low.. between 20-90mph.. up higher might be a different story. Haven’t tried yet. My dads been in the Redeye driving twice just using Auto.. me in the charger using paddle shifters shifting right at redline. Both times 30-90 the Redeye pulls like 2 car lengths

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’m talking down low.. between 20-90mph.. up higher might be a different story. Haven’t tried yet. My dads been in the Redeye driving twice just using Auto.. me in the charger using paddle shifters shifting right at redline. Both times 30-90 the Redeye pulls like 2 car lengths
Well that really doesn't have to do with gearing it's the extra torque and horsepower the Redeye has over the Hellcat.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The 309 is nice on the street for racing situations in the Redeye because it just feels like it’s always in the sweet spot. It’s also about 150 pounds lighter and has 90 more hp. I can just tell you when your in the Redeye in the lows even on Hot days your like this car is Insane every time you find a spot to go WOT. Usually when I feel that way in the charger it’s on a cool morning it really rips. Just something I’ve noticed I thought I’d mention. Obviously the cooler air makes these cars so much faster.. I’m reading like 120-140 moving up to 150-160 idling at signal lights IAT right now.. sometimes on nice cool days I’ve seen like 60 as an AIT or in the low 100s or 90s. That’s when I feel the cars really have an extra spring in there step.. even though they fast as heck in general.. just things I noticed now that I’m getting used to the power in both rides. The other day the Redeye did 7.6 to 100 just a couple months back it was 6.8 .. big difference.. you feel it too.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well that really doesn't have to do with gearing it's the extra torque and horsepower the Redeye has over the Hellcat.
I think that Redeye has more torque than they say.. it’s impressive the difference in acceleration in a straight line. Feels like 750 torque vs 650 TBH

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
flag girl.gif

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
On the Redeye, use all defaults except tranny, don’t flipping touch the paddles, give it juice easy, do not stab it, so it don’t break traction and pull power on itself.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
ChargerChallanger don't be reading this...:rolleyes:

I've done some testing with my setup and feel the best launch from 40 mph is with the following settings;
HP - Duh, max
Trans - Track mode
Traction - Sport
Suspension - Street
Steering - Sport
Paddles - On
Traction control turned back on after selecting Sport (kinda feel like even though i turn TC back on selecting sport still has an affect on the TC algorithm)
I leave the paddles on so i can drop to the gear i want at 40 mph, which is roughly 4K rpm, seems like the sweet spot. All shifting from that point is done by the transmission. During testing the car stayed planed and didn't spin the tires and the TC light stayed off.

Thoughts??

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

I've done some testing with my setup and feel the best launch from 40 mph is with the following settings;
HP - Duh, max
Trans - Track mode
Traction - Sport
Suspension - Street
Steering - Sport
Paddles - On
Traction control turned back on after selecting Sport (kinda feel like even though i turn TC back on selecting sport still has an affect on the TC algorithm)
I leave the paddles on so i can drop to the gear i want at 40 mph, which is roughly 4K rpm, seems like the sweet spot. All shifting from that point is done by the transmission. During testing the car stayed planed and didn't spin the tires and the TC light stayed off.

Thoughts??
I use the exact same setting.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
And i use the paddle shifters. So fun. You gotta be fast from that 2-3 3-4 shift. Happens so fast once you lean on the pedal.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #58

HP - Duh, max
Trans - Track mode
Traction - Sport
Suspension - Street
Steering - Sport
Paddles - On

Thoughts??
I’m all for the best scenario which just teaches us here what works and doesn’t. I own both cars so a win for either is a win for me.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #59
I started this thread since I am amazed the GT pulls away at the higher speeds. And if you watch my YouTube videos I make reference to this while driving the GT at the 8 minute mark. The RE feels stronger and faster.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I started this thread since I am amazed the GT pulls away at the higher speeds. And if you watch my YouTube videos I make reference to this while driving the GT at the 8 minute mark. The RE feels stronger and faster.
Just had to post this! 7052186A-8AF4-4759-BCF0-9F436681621B.jpeg