Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... Factory New Charger Redeye $93,000 vs 2021 used $100,000

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
All stock except a race chips piggy back tuner
I'm stock as well, all the mods are crazy expensive and the ecu's are still locked.

It makes some nice pops and bangs stock though.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I'm stock as well, all the mods are crazy expensive and the ecu's are still locked.

It makes some nice pops and bangs stock though.
Tuner is good for about 90 wheel horse power, a helleva bargain for $600. But ya the 160 mph cut off does suck, flash the ecu and bye bye warranty ☹️

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Tuner is good for about 90 wheel horse power, a helleva bargain for $600. But ya the 160 mph cut off does suck, flash the ecu and bye bye warranty ☹️
I mean even a piggyback isn't fool proof, the jb4's, bootmod, etc etc are nice but all they are doing is fooling the ecu, if something breaks and bmw does a dive in there they are going to notice it, at least with the full tune you can make it as conservative or extreme as you want. Personally speaking tuning and piggybacks are a real cautious area for me on these German cars.

They deserve to be tuned but then you gotta check what else gets more wear and tear, it's worth it but exhausting knowing all the possibilities

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Based on all the problems my friends have had with their BMW cars and how expensive the repairs were I'd be scared to death to own one out of warranty.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Based on all the problems my friends have had with their BMW cars and how expensive the repairs were I'd be scared to death to own one out of warranty.
Owning it out of warranty I wouldn't do.... ironic yes I know 🤣

But the M cars are a whole different animal in terms of tuning, much like the hellcats they are meant to be tuned, but like any other vehicle you do have to know what you're doing, push is too hard and shit will break.

Just messing around tonight I dropped a 2.9 0-60 and a 10.9 with street tires on a backroad.

On radials and a prepped surface this car could easily run low/mid 10s, there are guys on a tune + downpipes and are running 9s.

The cars are so expensive but they are nasty pieces of work. This is probably top 3 fastest daily drivers in my book the m5/m8.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I mean even a piggyback isn't fool proof, the jb4's, bootmod, etc etc are nice but all they are doing is fooling the ecu, if something breaks and bmw does a dive in there they are going to notice it, at least with the full tune you can make it as conservative or extreme as you want. Personally speaking tuning and piggybacks are a real cautious area for me on these German cars.

They deserve to be tuned but then you gotta check what else gets more wear and tear, it's worth it but exhausting knowing all the possibilities
The race chips tuner has 4 modes, stock, economy, sport, or race that I can adjust with my iPhone, it basically just fools the turbo pressure sensor. They have a 10 grand guarantee that BMW won’t detect the tuner if removed. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out. Getting catless down pipes will get me another 40 hp but I would need an ecu flash. Then there is bigger turbos. lol $$$$

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
The race chips tuner has 4 modes, stock, economy, sport, or race that I can adjust with my iPhone, it basically just fools the turbo pressure sensor. They have a 10 grand guarantee that BMW won’t detect the tuner if removed. Hopefully I’ll never have to find out. Getting catless down pipes will get me another 40 hp but I would need an ecu flash. Then there is bigger turbos. lol $$$$
My go to setup would be intake, downpipes and tune..... unfortunately everything is so expensive on the bmw's, intake is like 3k, downpipes 2.5k, a good flash tune can be anywhere from 1k-3k.

I know people who have spent 15-20k in mods on their M cars without blinking.